A lot of users have reported that Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch in Windows 10. This problem mostly occurs due to the game files being corrupt, compatibility issues with Windows, or the Anti-virus software blocking some of the important game files. If you’re also facing this issue and want to know how to fix it, then you came to the right place.
Dragon Age: Inquisition is a popular action role-playing video game developed in the year 2014 by BioWare and published by Electronic Arts. It was the winner of over 130 Game of the Year awards in 2014. Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age video game series, continuing the journey throughout the medieval-themed continent of Thedas introduced in Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II.
Fix other errors: How To Fix League of Legends Critical Error
How to fix Dragon Age Inquisition won’t Launch problem?
In this guide, we will be looking at 9 of the best methods that can help you fix the “Dragon Age Inquisition won’t launch” problem. We hope that this guide will help you identify the exact cause of the problem so that you can troubleshoot it in no time. All of these methods are validated by many users across the community. Let’s jump right into it.
Verifying Game Files
Sometimes, game files can become corrupt or they can even go missing due to various reasons. Verifying your game file is a vital step in a lot of error fixes. Every single game file must be present and working for the game to launch and function properly, therefore any of the files being corrupt or missing will prevent the game from launching. Verification will scan all of your game files and search for any missing or corrupted files, and replace them. To verify the game files, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Launch the Origin client, and log in to your account
- Click on My Game Library option on the left pane.
- Right-click on Dragon Age Inquisition and select Repair Game.
- Origin will begin to verify the game files.
- After the verification is finished, it will automatically download any missing files and replace the corrupted files if any.
- Launch the game and check to see if the problem persists.
Disabling Full-Screen Optimizations
There is a chance that the full-screen optimization feature could be conflicting with the display settings of the game, therefore causing it to crash at launch. We recommend that you disable the Full-Screen optimization feature in the game’s properties because it might be causing the “Dragon Age Inquisition won’t launch” problem.
Also Read this: Overwatch Crashing on Startup
- Open the game’s installation directly folder.
- Right–Click on the game’s .exe file.
- Select Properties and then click on the Compatibility tab
- Inside this tab, check the Disable Full Screen Optimizations box.
- Click on Apply to save the changes.
- Launch Dragon Age Inquisition to see if the problem is fixed.
Update Graphics Driver
Outdated drivers are a common cause of a lot of different performance and crashing problems in PC gaming. If the GPU drivers are not up to date they could lead to the “Dragon Age Inquisition won’t launch” issue, therefore we recommend that you check for new graphics card drivers at least once every week as there are always new versions of these drivers being released.
To update the video card drivers, visit the GPU manufacturer’s website and head over to the graphics drivers section in order to find the latest version of the graphics card drivers and install them. Below are the links for NVIDIA and AMD graphics card driver’s website pages.
If updating the graphics card drivers did not solve the issue, try the other solutions mentioned below.
Reinstalling the DirectX and VC Redist
DirectX and VC Redist are necessary for the game to launch correctly. It is possible that these files in your system could have become corrupt, thus preventing the game from launching. You can find the setups for both of these files in your game’s installation folder. Try reinstalling both of these files to see if it fixes the “Dragon Age Inquisition won’t launch” issue.
- Navigate to the following folder in your PC: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\DirectX\Redist.
- Start the DXSetup.exe to reinstall and replace the previous version.
- Navigate to the following folder in your PC: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\VC.
- Run all the VCRedist executables in the folder.
Run as Administrator
Dragon Age Inquisition might not be launching due to the program not running with administrator privileges. You should try running the Dragon Age Inquisition application as an administrator so that the DAI executable file can have full access to any of the game files on your PC. To run the program as an administrator follow the steps below.
More errors: Modern Warfare Dev Error 6178
- Right-click the Dragon Age Inquisition Application on your desktop and select Properties.
- Head to the Compatibility tab
- Tick-mark the “Run this program as an administrator” box.
- Click OK.
- Run Dragon Age Inquisition to see if the problem is resolved.
This step has helped a lot of users to fix the launching problem in Dragon Age Inquisition. The game’s executable might be clashing with your version of Windows and preventing the game from launching. In this step, we are going to use the Windows troubleshooting tool in the properties of the game executable file. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the game’s installation directory folder.
- Right-Click on the game executable and click on properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab and press the Run Compatibility Troubleshooter button.
- Windows will then automatically determine the best OS required to run the game automatically.
- Click on Try Recommended Settings.
- Click on Test the program…
- If the game launches properly, apply the settings and exit.
- Launch the game to see if the problem is resolved.
Running a Clean boot
In this step, we will run a clean boot of windows to close any background applications or Windows services that could be conflicting with the game application. Follow the steps below to run a clean boot:
- Type MSConfig in the Windows search, click on the System Configuration application.
- In the new window, go to the services tab.
- Check the “Hide all Microsoft services” box.
- Click the Disable all button to terminate all the third-party services running in the background.
- Close the window, open the Windows Task Manager by pressing the Alt + Control + Delete buttons.
- Go to the startup tab, disable all the applications that are enabled.
- Restart your PC.
- Launch the game to see if the issue is gone.
Close Unwanted Background Applications
Often third-party services or Windows services running in the background interfere with the functions of the game, hence preventing it from launching properly. If you have too many programs running in the background, it could affect the performance of your computer and it could also cause the “Dragon Age Inquisition won’t launch” problem. Close any background application from the system tray or the task manager that you might not be using at that moment. After doing so launch the Dragon Age Inquisition application to see if the game launches properly.
Sometimes, your third-party antivirus software may mistake your game files for malicious threats, thus blocking them from functioning properly. If any one of your game files is being blocked by your anti-virus software then it could prevent Dragon Age Inquisition from launching. We recommend you turn off or uninstall your anti-virus software or add your game and the Origin client to the exclusions in the anti-virus or the Windows Firewall so that they could operate unobstructedly. Here‘s how to exclude files and folders in your Anti-virus software and firewall.
That was it for our “Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch” error fixing guide. We hope that you were able to fix the problem by following the various methods that we compiled in this troubleshooting guide. If the error persists after trying all of the solutions above, then try contacting Electronic Arts Support so that they can help you in identifying the exact cause of the problem after you provide them with all of the necessary information.