Lost Ark’s been booming left and right as it expands to North America and Europe in February. This viral MMORPG is quickly becoming one of the most played games on Steam. However, it’s not all good about Lost’s Ark Launch. Players have been experiencing various bugs and glitches in the game, especially the infamous Lost Ark Disk Write Error.
- You might run into a disk write error when a file is write-protected by some other program. This means that you lack the admin privileges to make changes to that specific file.
- A disk write error can prevent you from doing anything to Lost Ark; this includes downloading anything, unpausing a download, or updating the game itself.
- If you have an Antivirus software downloaded on your PC, then you should go ahead and add Lost Ark’s game folder as an exception in your Antivirus settings, as it might perceive the game as a potential threat.
- Additionally, you should clear any data that is corrupted in the steam files, as it can be one of the biggest reasons behind Lost Ark not working properly and lead to the disk write error.
- If you are still encountering the disk write error, then you should try to clear up some download cache in the steam settings, as any unnecessary amount of cache can also be the culprit behind hordes of errors.
- There is a chance that you can solve your disk write error by simply changing the download region of your steam client. You should also make sure to restart steam after changing the download region and then see if the error is still there.
- One of the most effective solutions you can utilize is moving your steam files to an entirely different disk, as the cause behind the disk write error might be because your actual disk is faulty.
- If none of these solutions seem to work for you, then you can try the final resort, which is reinstalling steam entirely. This will reset everything to default and hopefully fix the disk write error for you.
How to Fix Lost Ark Disk Write Error?
The error in discussion for today is the Lost Ark‘s Disk Write Error. Disk errors in general can happen in almost every steam game there is. It occurs when a folder is being write-protected by another program. It prevents you from either downloading, resuming a paused download, or updating Lost Ark.
If you’re wondering what to do now, here are some ways to solve the Lost Ark Disk Write Error.
Add Exception in your Antivirus
Antivirus is always working in the background, even when your games are running. Now almost every antivirus software can get a little -overly protective. This means that even if there’s the smallest risk from a file or data, it’ll step in and prevent it from functioning.
Game files are no different as they also get disrupted by antivirus’s real-time activity. This often leads to the Lost Ark disk write error popping up in steam. To solve this, open your system’s antivirus software. For people not using any 3rd party software, it’ll be windows defender.
Access the scanning settings, you’ll probably see a whitelisting or folder exclusion option here. Add your game folder here and you’ll be right as rain. This will prevent the antivirus from snooping into your game files and hopefully solve the Lost Ark disk error.
Clear Corrupted Data in Steam Files
Corrupted Data is your number 1 enemy when it comes to disrupting game files. Now, when we hear corrupted game data, we naturally go towards verifying game files. However, in this case, you’re getting the disk write error so verifying files isn’t an option anymore.
So in this case, to get rid of this error, try deleting the 0 KB game file. It’s simply a blank white file that’s like a placeholder for your game download files. Simply go to the directory where your steam is installed. Either that or check the default steam location which is as follows:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common
Here, find the Lost Ark named file with the 0KB size. Simply click on it and delete it and restart steam. Now your disk error should’ve been resolved.
Clear Up Steam Download Cache
If the Lost Ark disk write error still persists even after all the above methods, try clearing the steam download cache. It usually fixes any issues related to steam downloads. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open steam
- Go to the settings
- Scroll down to the downloads tab
- Click on the “Clear Download Cache” button
- After you’re done, select okay.
This will restart steam. After steam’s back up and running try resuming the download now to see if the error is resolved.
Switch Up Download Region
Sometimes changing Steam’s download region solves the disk write issue. It’s an otherwise overlooked fix but changing the region resets the download parameters hence creating a chance for the Lost Ark disk write error to resolve itself.
To change your Steam region do as follows:
- Open Steam
- Go to settings
- Open the Downloads tab on the left
- You’ll see an option named “Steam Download Region”. Simply click on the drop-down box below it and select another region that’s closer to your geographical location.
- Once done, click ok and restart steam.
Once steam reboots, your Disk writes error will be solved.
Shift Steam Files to Another Disk
Sometimes there might be some hardware-level problems that might be preventing steam from properly accessing your drive.
To resolve this, you can shift the game files onto another drive. Now, there are a couple of ways you can do this but the best one is that you do it manually.
Simply navigate your game files by going into steam -> game properties -> local files section -> locate game files.
After clicking on the “Locate Game Files” button, you’ll be taken to the location where the Lost Ark game files are. Move them to another disk in your system and restart steam. Now go to the Lost Ark and click install, chose another drive than your default and steam will create a library. Simply move the files to the Steamapps -> common folder and install the game again.
Steam will rediscover your files and hopefully, you’ll have the game up and running in no time.
Get the most out of your little companions with our Lost Ark Ventus Pets guide.
Treat this as a last resort but it may very well work for you if other solutions in this article don’t.
Uninstall steam from your system, preferably through an uninstaller tool as it also wipes its data clean from the Windows registry. After you’re done uninstalling, restart your system and install Steam again. This can potentially resolve your issue for good.
Did you finally solve the Lost Ark Disk Write Error?
So after a day so testing and diagnosing, we’ve come up with the list of above solutions that can help you resolve the disk write error. There are many other solutions out there as well but these seemed to be the most effective in our testing. That said, if you’ve found something that specifically worked for you, we’d love to hear what it is down in the comments. You can check out more content on Lost Ark from Exputer and get your daily reading fix.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍