When it comes to destroying gold cracks in God of War Ragnarok, many players occasionally become perplexed. You can spot these cracks all over the game’s regions. Players do not begin the game with the necessary tools, and it is not explicitly stated how to get around them. If you want to learn how to destroy the gold cracks, then you have come to the right place. So without any further delay, let’s get right into it.
- In order to destroy the golden cracks in God of War Ragnarok, players will need the Draupnir Spear, which can be obtained from the main quest called Forging Destiny.
- Once you have the spear, aim it using L2 and fire it at the golden cracks, causing the spear to get stuck in the golden cracks.
- Now, press the triangle button. This will cause an explosion and the golden cracks will be destroyed.
- Some rocks will require you to throw the spear at multiple golden cracks, so keep an eye out.
Destroying Gold Cracks Using Draupnir Spear
To equip the Draupnir Spear, all you have to do is press down on the D-Pad of the controller. Kratos will then switch to it, and you can use it like any other weapon in the game. The Draupnir Spear also has a unique ability that can be used to destroy the gold cracks in God Of War Ragnarok.
Locate a gold crack that you want to bypass and stand in front of it. To perform this maneuver, follow these instructions:
- Hold L2 to enter an aiming mode and aim the cursor at the gold crack.
- Press R1 to throw the spear towards the crack, akin to a javelin.
- Detonate the spear by pressing Triangle after it has been inserted into the crack.
Kratos will perform a cool animation where he slams the spear into the ground to detonate it. You can make progress after destroying the crack.
How To Unlock Draupnir Spear
Only once you have unlocked a unique weapon can you demolish the gold cracks that are visible all throughout the realms. The Draupnir Spear is the weapon in question, and it can be obtained by completing the quest The Forging Destiny. As you might have guessed, Kratos is able to forge this legendary spear, which has a rich mythological history with Norse roots.
Once you have forged this mystical weapon, you are ready to go ahead and destroy any gold cracks that you see.
The placement of the gold cracks in the game makes the open world feel real and vast. You can’t enter these regions until you have advanced through a certain stage of the game. You will unlock the Draupnir Spear at about the halfway mark of the story. Once you have unlocked it, you can backtrack to the realms that you had previously visited and get past these hurdles.
While you are here, check out some of our other guides, like God Of War Ragnarok BEST Kratos Skills. If you are interested in learning more about certain armors in the game, why not check out our guides on How To Get Dragon Scaled Armor and Guiding Light Armor Set.
If you are more concerned about the side objectives in the game, worry not! We have you covered in that department as well with guides like All Draugr Holes Location. If you are a completionist and want to collect every possible easter egg in the game, then check out our guide on All Kvasir Poems & Easter Eggs.
Was this guide helpful? Let us know what you think about it in the comments below!
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍