Armors are a key component that every player needs to focus on while playing God of War Ragnarok and Raven Tears Armor is one of the best ones in the game. There are a total of 48 Ravens in God of War Ragnarok. However, killing just 18 of them will be enough for you to get your hands on the Raven Tears Armor set for Kratos. Let’s get into more detail regarding the rare armor set in God of War Ragnarok.
Here is a quick look at the Stats of each armor piece of the Raven Tears set:
|Armor Piece Name
|Perks / Buffs
|Cuirass Of Raven Tears
|Bracers Of Raven Tears
|Healing Efficacy I
|Girdle Of Raven Tears
|Healing Efficacy I
Raven Tears Armor LocationTo unlock the Raven Tears Armor Set in God of War Ragnarok, you must collect Odin’s Ravens. There are 48 ravens in total, but you only need to defeat 18 to obtain this set. You can find the Raven Tree in Niflheim, which is where the rewards are collected.
There are 6 chests in total, and they contain various items based on the number of ravens you’ve defeated:
- 6 Ravens: Girdle of Raven Tears
- 12 Ravens: Bracers of Raven Tears
- 18 Ravens: Cuirass of Raven Tears
For the Raven Tears Armor Set, you only need to kill the first 18 Odin’s ravens, which are located across Svartalfheim, Alfheim, and Vanaheim. The other chests contain heavy runic attacks and additional rewards.
Now let us point out these first 18 Odin’s Ravens for you to get one of the Best Armor in God of War Ragnarok.
Odin’s Ravens LocationThis section will cover the first few Odin’s Ravens that you can get in Svartalfheim, Alfheim, and Vanaheim. Killing Ravens can be quite tricky at times. They may be resting on a branch, platform, or cliff. In these scenarios, aiming and throwing the Leviathan Axe is easy. However, some of Odin’s Ravens can circle and fly through the sky. For the flying ravens, you will need to time your shot to bring them down perfectly.
Now, lets discuss all the Locations where you can find the ravens. To start things off, I will first discuss the ones in Svartalfheim.
SvartalfheimThere are 13 Odin’s Ravens in the Svartalfheim realm; however, you can only kill 9 of them during your first visit. The rest can be killed later on when you revisit the place. Since we are only covering the first 18 Ravens, we will keep things Spoiler-free and focus on the first 9 Ravens in Svartalfheim.
So, let’s discuss all of the 9 Svartalfheim Ravens that are possible to kill immediately. Here are their locations in God of War Ragnarok:
- First Raven (Svartalfheim Arrival): Found atop a rocky platform to the left when Atreus points at the boat.
- Second Raven (Nidavellir Boat Dock): Sitting on a house’s rooftop behind a large statue in the Boat Dock of Nidavellir town.
- Third Raven (Bay of Bounty Watchtower): In the Watchtower in the Bay of Bounty, kill it with the Leviathan Axe mid-air.
- Fourth Raven (Bounty of Bay – Radsvinn’s Rig): Located on a hanging hook at Radsvinn’s Rig; climb over walls to reach it.
- Fifth Raven (Bounty of Bay – Althjof’s Rig): Found on the upper platform near a chain Kratos can climb, hidden inside a cracked wooden wall.
- Sixth Raven (Bounty of Bay – Lyngbakr Island): Accessible during ‘The Weight of Chains’ side quest; located in a tunnel to the left after using a fire bomb.
- Seventh Raven (The Forge): Near the Volcanic rock at the top of The Forge, time your shot as Odin’s Ravens fly by.
- Eighth Raven (Jarnsmida Pitmines): Flying openly in the middle levels of the Jarnsmida Pitmines, catch it mid-flight.
- Ninth Raven (The Applecore): Found in The Applecore area during your first visit to the Dwarves’ realm; squeeze through a crack in the wall to reach it atop a wooden branch.
So there you have it; these are all the Ravens you can kill during your first visit to Svartalfheim. Since we are aiming for efficiency and the quickest method to get the Raven Tears Armor in God of War Ragnarok, hence it is important to kill these 9 ravens. The other ravens can be killed much later in the game to unlock other rewards.
AlfheimAfter your first visit to Svartalfheim, your next best place for Raven hunting will be the Alfheim realm. In total, there are 10 Odin’s Ravens in Alfheim. However, you can only access Six of them during Kratos’ first visit. Hence, we will only cover the first 6 because the rest come later in the game, and we don’t want to wait that long to get the Raven Tears Armor.
Nonetheless, here are all the Odin’s Ravens Locations in Alfheim in God of War Ragnarok during Kratos’ first visit to the realm.
- First Raven (The Strond): Drop down from a ledge near a Nornir chest, find a dead tree on a cliff’s edge, and the Raven is perched on a branch.
- Second Raven (Temple of Light): Reflect your Leviathan Axe using a Purple rock to kill it behind a metal gate in the Temple of Light.
- Third Raven (Temple of Light): On a distant platform to the left of a staircase on the circular platform with the Light of Alfheim.
- Fourth Raven (The Canyon): Flying above spikes in The Canyon, kill it with the Leviathan Axe.
- Fifth Raven (The Barrens): Sitting on top of a dead tree near a Broken Tower in The Barrens.
- Sixth Raven (The Barrens): Inside the eye socket of a huge dragon skeleton in the northeastern part of The Barrens.
These are all the Ravens you can get during your first visit to the Alfheim realm. The other 4 ravens can be killed later on as you progress through the main story. However, these should be enough for now if you aim for the Raven Tear Armor set in God of War Ragnarok.
VanaheimVanaheim holds the most Odin Ravens in God of War Ragnarok. You will find 15 Ravens in this realm. However, sadly, only 6 of them will be accessible to you on your first visit. However, that should be enough for you to complete your full set of Raven Tears armor.
With that said, here are all the Odin Ravens you should watch during Kratos’ first visit to Vanaheim:
- In The Southern Wilds of Vanaheim, head left to find an archway made of tree branches after passing through the Mystic gateway. The raven flies over a small pond.
- At Freyr’s Camp, exit the camp’s rear during nighttime, head towards the eastern woods, and locate a huge crescent-shaped object held up by branches. The raven sits on a nearby tree.
- In Pilgrim’s Landing, during the ‘A Cure for the Dead’ favor, lower bridges and solve the Chandelier puzzle. Afterward, lower the next bridge to find a legendary chest. The raven is nearby, next to a tree.
- At The Veiled Passage, take a boat and reach a gate surrounded by purple mist. When disembarking, pan the camera upward in the cave’s opening to spot the raven on a tiny branch.
- In The River Delta, exit the cave, use a chain to descend, and head right to find a chest. You can spot the raven sitting on a branch next to a large tree from there.
- At Goddess Falls, wait until after climbing a lengthy cliff with Freya to get a better view of the raven flying around. It’s easier to defeat it while it’s in midair.
These are the first 6 Ravens you can kill in Vanaheim. The remaining 9 Ravens can be killed later on after you progress the main storyline and revisit Vanaheim.
Raven Tears Armor Stats
Now, let’s get to the stats of the Raven Tears Armor Set. It’s renowned for its outstanding defensive capabilities and potent healing effects. The in-game description states, “Heavily fortified armor said to be stronger than Niflheim’s hardened ice.”
Let’s look at the Base Stats and Maxed-out Stats of each Raven Tears Armor piece:
Cuirass Of Raven TearsCuirass of Raven Tears is the chest plate worn by Kratos and can be unlocked after killing 18 Odin’s Ravens and opening a legendary chest at the Raven Tree in Niflheim. The Cuirass of Raven Tears will also grant the ability to have a low chance of creating a Healing Mist when you hit enemies.
Here are the Base stats for the Cuirass of Raven Tears:
- Strength: 14
- Defense: 32
- Luck: 14
You can upgrade the Cuirass of Raven Tears to Level 9 by using 35,000 Hacksilver, 5 Smoldering Embers, and 40 Purified Crystalline when it is at Level 8.
Here are the Stats of the Cuirass of Raven Tears once Fully upgraded:
- Strength: 48
- Defense: 109
- Luck: 48
Bracers Of Raven TearsKratos will wear the Bracers of Raven Tears on his forearms. The Bracers can be unlocked after killing up to 12 Odin’s Ravens and opening a legendary chest at the Raven Tree in Niflheim in God of War Ragnarok. While wearing the Bracers of Raven Tears, Kratos’s healing will increase when he uses Healthstones, Rage, and Gear.
Here are the Base Stats of the Bracers of Raven Tears:
- Strength: 19
- Defense: 10
- Luck: 9
The Bracers of Raven Tears can be upgraded from Level 8 to Level 9 using 25,000 Hacksilvers, 5 Tempered Remnant, and 20 Purified Crystalline.
Here are the Level 9 Bracers of Raven Tears stats:
- Strength: 64
- Defense: 34
- Luck: 30
Girdle Of Raven TearsThe Girdle of Raven Tears is the last piece of the prestigious armor set. Kratos will wear this around his waist. You can unlock it by killing 6 of Odin’s Ravens and opening a legendary chest at the Raven Tree in Niflheim in God of War Ragnarok. It comes with a Healing Efficacy ability. While wearing it, Kratos will receive increased healing effects from Healthstones, Gear, and Rage.
Here are the Base Stats of Girdle of Raven Tears:
- Defense: 29
- Luck: 9
In order to reach Level 9 with the Girdle of Raven Tears, you will need to use up to 25,000 Hacksilvers, 10 Sparkling Crystal, and 20 Purified Crystalline once you’re at Level 8.
Here are the Stats for the Level 9 Girdle of Raven Tears:
- Defense: 98
- Luck: 30
In our guide, you will learn how to get the Raven Tears armor in God of War Ragnarok. Other than that, we have also covered the stats of each Raven Tears armor piece. We hope you learned some valuable stuff from the complete guide of Raven Tears Armor.
God of War Ragnarok is finally out. Now, you can travel through the nine realms with Kratos and Atreus as they try to uncover the hidden truths in the Norse World. The Fimbulwinter is finally here, which means Ragnarok is just on the horizon, so make sure your Combat is in top condition. Also, ensure you get the Best Skills for Kratos and the Best Relics in God of War Ragnarok.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍