Hogwarts Legacy is finally on the release radar for all the Hogwarts fans, and for players that are veterans and lore-nerds alike, the flying broom is nothing new to them. Such did the game introduce it as well. However, players might need help in figuring out how they can get their hands on the Hogwarts Legacy Flying Broom!
Flying Class Quest
Players must complete several main quests to gain access to the flying broom. First, they must complete the Flying Class main quest, which is an essential step and cannot be skipped.
The Flying Class quest is part of the “Complete The First Keeper Trial” section in the main objectives. Players can access this quest from their objectives list, where they will find it on the right side of the screen. The quest’s description explains that Madam Kogawa will teach basic broom flight and maneuvering.
During the class, players will learn about broom survivability, safe riding, and how to navigate using their broom. The objective is to head to the flying class, and the quest has a level requirement of at least level 6 for players to participate.
Taking A Look At The Map
When players open up the map, they can take a look at the Floo Flames locations towards the left side of the map, and with the 7 locations are as follows:
- The Astronomy Wing
- The Bellow Tower Wing
- The Grand Staircase
- The Great Hall
- The Library Annex
- The Secret Room
- The South Wing
When you click on The Bell Tower Wing, players can take note of the flying class objective that is present towards the right end of the screen.
Starting The Quest
While heading to the area where the quest is located, players are to stand beard a mortar and brick building, and two people are present towards the right of the player, standing a few feet away. Players can click on Square on their controller to start the quest line.
- Once the player starts the quest, they immediately tilt their hand to listen to the person speaking to them.
- Players can hear Madam Kogawa’s line play out, whereby she addresses everyone in her vicinity and says that everyone in this area needs to go ahead and grab a broom. Then they can get started.
After that, a cutscene ends up playing out, whereby there are a total of 11-12 people who are standing in a line, and there are six people who are in one line and five who are standing across from the six people, and all of them have a broom that is present beside them.
- The instructor walks in the middle of the people and explains everything, and players need to complete the full quest.
- Once the quest has been completed, they can see a symbol pop up on their screen, which showcases that the “quest complete” and the “Flying Class” are written below it.
Buying The Broom
After you’re done with that, the next thing that players need to go ahead and do is to make their way over to the Hogsmeade area that is present on the map.
- When they open up the map, towards the left end of the screen, players can see a box that opens up that showcases the Hogsmeade area. Right below the area name, it displays the text that Hogsmeade is perhaps the only all-wizarding village that is present in all of Britain.
- Below that, players can note the different items they can attain, most of which are 5 collection chests, 55 field guide pages, and 9 Demiguide statues.
- Below that, players can also see the quests that are made available to them, such as the flight test, Ghost of Our love, and a few more quests, and players can even set down a waypoint if they feel like it.
While being in the area, players need to make their way over to a shop called the “Spintwitches Sporting Needs,” which is described to be a sporting goods shop that can sell a few options of brooms that players can buy.
- If players zoom into the map even more, they can look at the different buildings that are present besides the sporting needs. There is a major building that is present infront of the sporting needs, while there are a few buildings that surround the sporting shop.
Identifying The Shop
To identify the shop, players can look for key features:
- The building has two opposing windows with 16 glass panels, asymmetrically placed, and a small lamp/item to the left where the left window curves in.
- Below the glass panels is a pastel green design with green circles and central lines that match the windows’ curve.
- The left and right windows curve inwards, leading to a wooden door with nine glass panels in the middle.
- Colorful triangular banners hang above the door, meeting at the building’s center before curving towards the ends.
- The building continues upwards in a typical style with a triangular rooftop.
Inside the shop, you’ll find various decorative items like barrels, tables, and smaller objects. Albie Weekes welcomes you upon entry, and a screen shows an enlarged view of him. On the left, you’ll see the “Spintwitches sporting needs” logo and the available brooms for purchase.
One of the first available brooms is the Ember Dash Broom, priced at 600 coins, suitable for those with a fiery temperament. To purchase it, simply press the X button on your controller.
After buying the broom, Albie Weekes assures you that you’ll be thrilled when you use it, keeping his promise to you.
- Another option is the Hogwarts House Broom, also priced at 600 gold, enchanted to celebrate your Hogwarts house pride.
- The Moon Trimmer Broom, crafted from ash, costs 600 gold and offers excellent stability.
- For a stylish option, there’s the Wind Wisp Broom, priced at 600 gold.
- Lastly, the Yew Weaver Broom, known for comfort and speed, features a woven design and also costs 600 gold.
- Once you purchase the Hogwarts Legacy Flying Broom, it becomes a permanent part of your inventory.
Interaction With Albie
After leaving the shopping screen, Albie Weekes addresses you again, acknowledging that while any broom is an improvement from the practice broom given in Kogawa’s Class, they all have their limitations.
He suggests that if you’re interested in brooms, you might want enhancements. If you agree, he praises your choice and explains that broom performance tends to falter at higher altitudes. He offers enchantments and upgrades to empower your broom.
To get these upgrades applied, you need to test your broom’s flight so Albie can perfect the enhancements. He mentions someone using abandoned broom course areas for testing, encouraging you to compete for the best time and report back.
You have four options to respond, including “Sounds worth a try, Mr. Weekes,” “How did your passion for brooms begin,” “why am I the right person for this,” and “You took Madam Kogawa’s class?” If you agree, Albie thanks you and assures it will be worth your while, with potential special prices.
He directs you to the Quidditch Pitch, where you’ll find someone who will guide you on what to do next.
How To Use The Broom In Hogwarts Legacy
While being from the item wheel, players can go ahead and select the broom from the item wheel, and while being on a Playstation, players can go ahead and click on L1 and Circle, and on an Xbox, they can click on Lb and B together.
- Players cant use the broom while being inside the city. Therefore players need to start heading back and running outside of the vicinity a little bit before they can start using it.
And there we have it! All that players need to know about how to get flying Broom in Hogwarts Legacy, and with that, we will wrap up our guide! For players that want to know which spells are present in the game, they should read up on our Hogwarts Legacy Spells guide! If players are just getting started with the game and want to know which quests they need to do and how long it will take to get through the storyline, why not check out our Hogwarts Legacy How Long To Beat guide?
While you’re at it, do not miss out on our Hogwarts Legacy PC Requirements guide so that you know whether your PC is compatible or not!
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍