When you reach the endgame of Horizon Forbidden West, you’ll eventually have a choice to make regarding the fate of Regalla. Whether she lives or dies will be in your hand, and it’s important to know the outcomes of both choices to make the “right choice.”
Although there is no actual “right choice” in the matter, there are subtle changes that can lead to some interesting moments depending on what you choose. But, you can be rest assured knowing that regardless of what decision you make, you won’t affect the narrative outcome or the ending of the game by much.
- In Horizon Forbidden West, you have a choice to make regarding the fate of Regalla, the main antagonist, which leads to subtle changes in the game but doesn’t affect the overall narrative outcome.
- The two choices are to save Regalla or end her life.
- Saving her allows her to join your fight against the Zeniths, but she eventually dies in the final mission.
- Ending her life results in obtaining her bow, Regalla’s Wrath.
- Regalla’s Wrath is a powerful, Very Rare Sharpshot bow with a damage boost for long-range shots, but there are other, more powerful bows available later in the game.
- The choice between saving or ending Regalla depends on your gameplay style and story preferences. Saving her aligns with Aloy’s character and provides a more narrative-driven experience, while ending her life grants access to a unique weapon.
- For first-time players, it is recommended to save Regalla for a richer narrative experience. In subsequent playthroughs or NG+, consider ending her life to experience gameplay with Regalla’s Wrath.
All Regalla Choices
For the majority of the game, Regalla acts as the main antagonist. She appears to do some extremely cruel things, and the player is led to believe that she’s completely evil. But as things unfold, we get to discover everything that’s truly been going on behind the scenes, and we discover much more about her.
That is why when we’re faced with the Horizon Forbidden West Regalla choice of ending her life or sparing it, many players get conflicted and, in fact, even inclined to let her live. It is worth mentioning that choosing whether Regalla lives or dies will have minor implications, such as a difference in cutscenes or acquiring a missable item. Asides from that, there are only moral implications that are worth considering for the two choices.
Save RegallaThe first choice, which many players might opt for, is the option to save Regalla. The dialogue option for choosing to save her is “There’s another battle here.” And most certainly, there is another battle as; if you choose to save Regalla, she will join and aid you in the fight against the Zeniths.
- The people around you will be quite skeptical of her intentions and loyalties, but Hekarro will step up and vouch for her, claiming that Regalla is always true to her word.
- And it turns out, that Hekarro is right.
- Regalla will agree to help you fight against the Zeniths, as dying against them would be more of a warrior’s death than dying in the arena.
When you’re going through the final battle against the Zeniths, Regalla will be part of your entire crew, and there will be multiple cutscenes, including her.
- However, the final mission of the game, Singularity, will also act as the final mission for Regalla as she will be killed during the mission, attaining the warrior’s death that she so sought.
- Regalla’s death is unavoidable and is not tied to any decisions that you make.
- This is also why certain players might prefer something other than letting her live, as there is no actual benefit.
- Whether you let her live or kill her at the arena, her fate will remain the same, simply delayed.
- Additionally, the other option has something tangible to offer.
However, many players also argue that saving Regalla is the better option as it is more canonical and truer to what Aloy would’ve actually done in the real story. It is also a nice ending to a character that gained quite a popularity in the fandom.
End RegallaThe other option that you’ll have is to end Regalla’s life, there and then, in the arena. Doing so will completely her story there, and there will be no further mention of her in the story again.
- You won’t get to deliver the final blow.
- Kotallo will instead impale her using his spear.
- Regalla will die mid-sentence before you can even do anything.
- The consequences of your decision will only impact a little, except that she will not appear in the final battle.
- And as she was going to die there anyways, nothing major would happen.
But, the major difference comes in regard to the rewards that you are given. If you choose to end Regalla’s life, you will be awarded Regalla’s Wrath – Regalla’s personal bow. And as it belonged to one of the main villains of the game, you can certainly expect it to be quite useful. We will discuss the bow in detail to help you get a better understanding.
Regalla’s WrathAs mentioned, the upside to ending Regalla’s life is getting the chance to acquire Regalla’s Wrath, a bow that can only be acquired if you let Regalla die.
- Regalla’s Wrath is a highly regarded, Very Rare Sharpshot bow.
- This weapon is known for its exceptional long-range capabilities, as it offers a 15% damage boost when targeting enemies from 30 meters or more.
- The in-game description of Regalla’s Wrath reveals that it was once the cherished possession of Regalla.
Players can enhance the bow’s performance by adding weapon coil slots, thereby upgrading its damage, handling, and other attributes. Many experienced players recommend prioritizing the upgrade of the bow’s firing rate.
- Regalla’s Wrath boasts impressive power, capable of eliminating some smaller machines in a single shot.
- This potency is especially evident in the early game stages.
However, as players advance through Horizon Forbidden West, they will discover even more formidable Sharpshot bows that outshine Regalla’s Wrath.
- One such example is Forgefall, a Legendary Sharpshot bow that can be exchanged for 80 Arena Medals and surpasses Regalla’s Wrath in every aspect.
- Additionally, in New Game+ mode, players can obtain Iriv’s Downfall, another Legendary Sharpshot bow with superior performance.
Nevertheless, Regalla’s Wrath remains a valuable weapon for players who favor long-range combat strategies. The bow’s ability to deal additional damage to distant targets is a significant advantage. Capable of decimating enemies from afar, Regalla’s Wrath can also be upgraded to enhance its overall power.
When faced with the decision to kill or spare Regalla, you should carefully consider their gameplay style and story preferences. The weapon’s potency and utility make it a highly sought-after prize. However, it is crucial to remember that other Sharpshot bows will eventually outperform Regalla’s Wrath.
What Should You ChooseNow that we’ve discussed the outcomes of each decision, we can finally discuss which decision is the best for you.
- If you want to stay loyal to Aloy’s character and want the best narrative experience, saving Regalla is the most obvious choice.
- Although she will not be forgiven for what she’s done, she’ll get a chance to redeem herself partially.
- Her final act of trying to help Aloy as much as she can line up with the things that we get to learn about her in the later stages. Furthermore, Aloy’s own morals would also incline her to save Regalla rather than let her die.
On the flip side, if you’re looking for the best gameplay experience and want to explore every item that the game has to offer, then choosing to kill Regalla is your best option.
- That is because the only way to get Regalla’s Wrath is by ending her life.
- The bow is not ordinary and certainly provides interesting mechanics which are worth exploring.
- But the only thing worth considering is that there are definitely better bows out there which might replace Regalla’s Wrath.
But, depending on whether it is your first time playing or not, we have certain recommendations.
- If you’re playing for the very first time, we’d recommend that you choose to let Regalla live so that you can fully enjoy the amazing narrative that Horizon Forbidden West has to offer.
- However, if you’re replaying, or know that you’ll be going through NG+, then we recommend that you should end Regalla the first time around, which will also give you enough time to mess around with the Regalla’s Wrath. And in your second playthrough, let her live.
- That way, you’ll get the best of both worlds.
Horizon Forbidden West Regalla Choice, puts you in a critical choice regarding the fate of Regalla, the main antagonist. The decision to save or end her life affects the game’s narrative and gameplay experiences. Saving Regalla aligns with Aloy’s character and allows her to join the fight against the Zeniths, while ending her life grants access to the powerful Regalla’s Wrath bow. First-time players are advised to save Regalla for a richer narrative experience, while subsequent playthroughs or NG+ can focus on obtaining the unique weapon by ending her life. Ultimately, the choice depends on the player’s preferences and gameplay style.
Besides just diving into the NG+ with Regalla’s bow, you can also choose to experiment it around in the Burning Shores DLC. It has a new map and many new machines to offer. To get started, you can read our how to start Burning Shores guide to get a better idea of everything you need to know.
- Horizon Forbidden West Ropecasters
- Horizon Forbidden West Black Box Locations
- Horizon Forbidden West: Door Codes
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍