Stormbirds can be found scattered throughout the vast Forbidden West landscape, inhabiting numerous regions and territories. Additionally, these formidable machines may be encountered during specific side quests, such as The Second Verse. Players must stay alert and be prepared for the sudden appearance of Stormbirds to avoid being caught off guard by these menacing opponents. One way of being prepared is to know all their locations, which we’ll discuss.
All Stormbird Locations
If you’re looking for Horizon Forbidden West Stormbird locations, then worry not, as there are two distinct locations on the map that will guarantee that you run into them.
Location 1The first location is within the northwest of Legacy’s Landfall. It is the area within the ruins of San Francisco. When you’re in the general area, look towards the destroyed bridge to spot the Stormbird.
Location 2The second location on the map for the Stormbird is within the mountains, west of the Maw of the Arena and Memorial Grave. To be more specific, it is north of the Raintrace North Rebel Camp. You will also run into a Dreadwig in the area, so be cautious. You’ll have an easier time getting here through a flying mount.
How To Defeat A StormbirdStormbirds are challenging enemies in Horizon Forbidden West, and players must prepare well to take them down. These bird-like, mechanical robots are found in several locations throughout the open world and can also be encountered during certain side missions. Taking down a Stormbird is no easy task, but there are several strategies that players can use to make the fight easier.
One of the most effective ways to take down a Stormbird is to target its weak points.
- The Stormbird has several weak points, such as its Storm Cannon, Wing Thrusters, eyes, engine, Blaze Canisters, and Freeze Canisters.
- Targeting the Storm Cannon can disable its ranged shock attack, which is one of its most devastating attacks.
- The six Wing Thrusters are a good target because of their size and position, and taking them out will disable its diving melee attack.
- Players can also use an explosive spear on its chest core to knock it down and make it fall to the ground, where it is possible to attack it with other types of ammunition and even melee attacks.
- Placing acid or explosive elemental traps in the area will cause it to receive massive damage and thus prevent it from flying again.
Another effective strategy is to use elemental ammunition, such as acid or plasma arrows, to take down the Stormbird.
- It is strong against Fire and Shock damage but weak against Plasma and Acid damage.
- Therefore, players should use acid or plasma arrows to neutralize them.
- The hunter bow is fast and deals a good amount of damage, while the sharpshot bow deals a ton of damage while being slower and more accurate.
- Players should also consider upgrading these weapons using the Tinkerer trait, which allows Aloy to upgrade all of her various weapons and add modifications to them.
Players can also use the ropecaster to pin the Stormbird down and shoot off its armor to stun it before attacking it with other types of ammunition.
To defeat a Stormbird in Horizon Forbidden West, players must be patient, prepared, and fully stocked on ammo and resources. They must be ready for a long fight, as the Stormbird is one of the toughest enemies in the game. Players should make sure they are fully stocked on ammo, resources, health potions, medicinal herbs, and resist shock potions to heal during the fight and resist as much shock damage as possible.
RewardsDefeating a Stormbird in Horizon Forbidden West can be a challenging feat, but it is well worth the effort as these giant mechanical birds provide a bounty of useful resources. Here are the most important pieces of loot you can get:
- Stormbird Storm Cannon: used for upgrading weapons and outfits. The Stormbird Storm Cannon is a powerful weapon that can be equipped to deal significant damage to enemies. The item can be used to upgrade your weapons and outfits, making them more effective in battle.
- Crystal Braiding: an essential resource that is required to craft powerful and advanced arrows that can help you deal more damage to your enemies.
- Luminous Brainstem: a valuable resource that can be used to upgrade some of the most powerful weapons and armor in the game.
- Volatile Sludge: an essential resource that is required to craft advanced and elite ammunition. This ammunition is more powerful than standard ammunition and can help you deal more damage to your enemies.
- Stormbird Primary Nerve: a valuable resource that can be used to upgrade your weapons and outfits, making them more powerful and effective in battle. By defeating a Stormbird, you can obtain this item and upgrade your equipment, giving you an advantage in combat.
- Stormbird Circulator: a useful resource that can be used to purchase and upgrade weapons and armor. By defeating a Stormbird, you can obtain this item and use it to buy new weapons and armor or upgrade your existing ones, making them more powerful and effective in battle.
- Apex Stormbird Heart: can be sold for metal shards, which can be used to buy new weapons, armor, and resources.
With that, you know everything about Horizon Forbidden West Stormbird locations, how to defeat them, and their resources. Stormbirds are formidable bird-like machines found in various locations across the game’s vast landscape. Players can encounter these menacing machines in regions such as northwest of Legacy’s Landfall and the mountains west of the Maw of the Arena.
To defeat Stormbirds, players should target their weak points, use elemental ammunition, and employ weapons like the hunter bow and ropecaster. Patience, preparation, and resourcefulness are essential for success. Defeating Stormbirds yields valuable resources for upgrading weapons and outfits and crafting advanced ammunition.
You can also check out our review of the latest DLC for Horizon Forbidden West, Burning Shores. We’ve also got a guide on all the new machines as part of the DLC and how to start burning shores as well.
- Horizon Forbidden West: Apex Stalker Location
- Horizon Forbidden West XP Farming
- Horizon Forbidden West: Relic Ruins Locations
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍