In the charming world of Stardew Valley, managing your farm is a key game aspect. To maintain the health of your livestock throughout all seasons, it’s essential to have a consistent Hay supply. Hay is the primary source of food for your animals, including cows, sheep, goats, and chickens.
How To Make Hay In Stardew Valley
In the enchanting world of Stardew Valley, players can find Hay through various means, either by selecting one method or exploring a combination of the following options.
|How To Get Hay||Summary|
|Constructing A Silo||Build a silo to convert grass into hay, essential for livestock.|
|Purchasing Hay From Marnie:||Buy hay from Marnie's ranch in Cindersap Forest during her shop hours.|
|Growing Hay From Grass Or Wheat||Purchase grass or wheat from Pierre's shop, plant, and harvest for Hay.|
|Other Ways To Get Hay||Trade Omni Geodes with the Desert Trader or build rapport with Marnie for hay rewards.|
Constructing A Silo
A silo on your farm enables you to use your scythe to cut grass and transform it into Hay. Without a silo, cutting grass won’t yield any Hay. It’s advisable to prioritize building a silo before constructing any barns for your animals. This way, you can accumulate a stockpile of Hay before you require a significant amount. Ensure you have enough Hay before adding barns and livestock to prevent feeding issues.
Following are the steps to construct a Silo:
- Head to Robin’s shop on the mountain road North of the Town Square.
- Note that Robin’s shop is open every day except Tuesday and closes early at 4:00 p.m. on Fridays.
- Interact with Robin at the shop’s counter.
- Choose the “Construct Farm Buildings” option, then select the silo from the building list.
- Ensure you have all the required materials for silo construction: 100g, 100 Stone, 10 Clay, and 5 Copper Bars.
- Select “Build” to start construction if you have all the materials.
- Choose a 3×3 area on your farm for the silo’s placement.
- Pay attention to the color of the land plots for the silo:
- Green squares are suitable locations.
- Red squares are unsuitable or blocked locations.
- Robin will confirm the start of construction, which takes two in-game days to complete the silo.
- Each silo can store a maximum of 240 pieces of Hay.
Purchasing Hay From Marnie
If you urgently require Hay, you can purchase it from Marnie at her ranch in Cindersap Forest, south of your farm. Her shop operates from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Wednesdays through Sundays and remains closed on Mondays, Tuesdays, and holidays.
To purchase Hay from Marnie, here is what you need to do:
- Head over to Marnie’s store situated within Cindersap Forest.
- Approach the counter and interact with Marnie.
- Select the Supplies Shop option from the menu.
- Hay will be listed as the first item, with its price of 50g per piece displayed to the right of the item name.
- Click on Hay in the list to make your purchase.
Growing Hay From Grass Or Wheat
Players can purchase grass or wheat from Pierre’s shop, which can be planted and later harvested for Hay using a scythe. This not only resolves the Hay shortage but also allows your animals to graze, eliminating the need for harvesting in the first place.
To gather Hay from grass or wheat, follow these steps:
- Visit Pierre’s shop, situated north of the town square, during his business hours from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding Wednesdays.
- Engage Pierre in conversation to begin your shopping.
- Navigate through the available items list until you locate Grass Starter.
- Select Grass Starter and return to your farm after purchasing and planting it.
- After planting, you have the option to use your scythe to cut the grass for Hay.
Other Ways To Get Hay
Another way to find Hay in Stardew Valley is trading with the Desert Trader. Players can exchange an Omni Geode with the Desert Trader in return for three pieces of Hay. This provides an alternative method for acquiring Hay for your livestock.
Additionally, Hay can also be received as a gift after building a rapport with Marnie. Once players have earned enough friendship points with Marnie, they may receive a generous gift of 30 pieces of Hay for free. Building relationships with the residents of Stardew Valley can lead to valuable rewards, including essential resources like Hay for your farm animals.
Uses Of Hay
While Hay serves as the primary source of sustenance for your livestock in Stardew Valley, it does hold significance beyond animal feeding.
- You’ll need at least ten pieces of Hay to complete the Fodder bundle requirement for the Community Center quest.
- If you have a sewing machine and want to craft your own attire, you can use Hay to craft the Grass Skirt.
- The Grass Skirt is unique and not available as an option during character creation, making it a distinctive addition to your wardrobe.
You can find Hay in Stardew Valley by building a silo, buying from Marnie, growing grass or wheat, trading with the Desert Trader, or earning it as a gift from Marnie. Hay serves as primary animal food, helps with quests, and can even be used for crafting unique attire like the Grass Skirt.
You can also refer to the subreddit to see how to make Hay in Stardew Valley. Make sure to visit these helpful guides for your Stardew Valley adventure. Explore the best fishing spots for Summer, Winter, and Spring, learn about the top Spring crops, and become friends with the Wizard with our comprehensive Wizard Friendship Guide. These guides contain valuable tips and insights to enhance your gameplay in Stardew Valley.
- Stardew Valley: Best Weapons
- Stardew Valley: Explosion Was Heard In The Night
- Stardew Valley: Best Armor
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍