FPS (Frames Per Second) is the most crucial setting to keep an eye on while playing COD Warzone 2, and that is why you must know how to see FPS in-game.
- You cannot see the FPS counter if you are playing Warzone 2 on a console
- There are four ways to see the FPS counter; the game’s internal setting via Steam, using Geforce Experience, and the window’s Gamebar
- Server Latency is equally important and can be toggled on when turning on the FPS counter
- High FPS and low server latency are responsible for smoother gameplay
Best Methods To See FPS In Warzone 2
You can enable the FPS real-time counter to see the FPS count even during the game. But this feature is only confined to the PC game. This means you can only see the counter if you are playing Warzone 2 on PC. Activision has not released this option for consoles. It is a bit downside for players that are playing on consoles.
However, there are several ways to see the FPS counter in Warzone 2. All of them are discussed below:
Enable the Game’s Internal FPS Counter
To enable the counter, you will have to follow the given steps below:
- Press ‘F3’ (shortcut key) on your keyboard to open the settings menu.
- Find ‘Interface’ and click on it.
- Another list will show up; find ‘Telemetry.’ Set it to ‘Custom.’
- You will be able to see ‘See more options’ right below the Telemetry settings.
- A list of options will appear. On the top, you will see the FPS counter. Toggle it to ‘On.’
- You will see Sever latency on the 2nd; toggle it to ‘On’ as well.
Turning these on will let you know your device’s performance on various maps. If the server latency is high, you can check your internet settings accordingly.
Steam FPS Counter
Steam is another option to see the FPS counter in Warzone 2. Steam is separate software, and you need to follow the steps given below:
- Open Steam.
- Go to ‘Settings’ (located on the top left corner of the screen).
- Find the ‘In-Game’ option in the list and click on it.
- Find the FPS counter and turn it On.
- You will have to restart the game to see the counter.
Geforce Experience is yet another software to turn the FPS Counter on for the users to NVIDIA graphics card. If you have this software, you can enable the FPS counter in Warzone 2 by following the steps given below:
- Open the Geforce Experience.
- You will see your profile’s icon on the top right section of the screen. Click on that and then select ‘Account.’
- A new list of options will show up; click on ‘General.’
- Among the new options being displayed, find ‘In-Game Overlay’ and click on it.
- Click on ‘Settings’ in the In-Game Overlay section.
- Select ‘HUD Layout’ from the new window that opened up.
- You can customize the HUD layout from here.
- Click on ‘Performance,’ then on ‘FPS,’ and select the counter position.
Windows 10 exclusively has this feature to display all the gaming-related information on the screen, such as CPU, GPU, FPS, etc. It can also be used to record the gameplay. Very Few players are aware of this feature. This process is just a one-step process.
Press “Win+G” on your keyboard to display the settings bar on your screen. You can click on the settings on the bar to select which options you need to see. Like you can choose to see only FPS or anything you want.
Can You See FPS Counter On Consoles
Unfortunately, the answer is No! You can only find the FPS counter on PC. We can only hope that we get to see this option in near future with updates. However, don’t dishearten yourself. You can only not see the FPS counter. Players can still see the server latency and packet loss options. To do that, you must follow the following steps:
- Press the ‘Pause’ button on your controller.
- Go to the ‘Settings.’
- Navigate to ‘Interface.’
- Click on ‘Telemetry’ and then click on ‘Custom Settings.
- Click on ‘See more options’ right beneath the telemetry option.
- Here you will see the ‘Server Latency’ option. Toggle it on.
Warzone 2 is the center of attention for most players nowadays. Having 150 players on the map, all of them fight for survival. So, checking your game’s FPS at every instance becomes a matter of concern. Frames Per Second determines the quality and smoothness of your gameplay. If you have fewer FPS, your game will be a bit sluggish. Similarly, more FPS means smoother gameplay.
Like FPS, checking Server latency, simply called ‘Ping,’ is equally important. It means how much delay you have in your gameplay. Like, how long your shots and location take to register on the server. The lower value of server latency is responsible for smoother gameplay.
These two topics are the focus of this guide. We will tell you how you can show the FPS counter and game latency in Warzone 2. You can also consider reading about how to increase FPS in Warzone 2.
First Person Battle Royale games are always fun to play. They are more fun when you have more competition with them. Like PUBG or any other COD game, Warzone 2 is no different. Especially when you have 150 players on a map, it is quite necessary to have the lowest ping and high frame rate so that your every shot connects.
Keeping an eye on the FPS counter is quite important. You get to know the performance of your device in different maps and conditions. Moreover, you can change the trade-off FPS if your device is underperforming.
Server Latency is numbered with ‘ms’ written with them. It means “milli-seconds” of delay. Higher the delay, miserable the game will be. So, when you have server latency numbers being shown on the screen, you know how is your server speed. If the numbers rise, you need to check your internet connection.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍