Another day rises in Warzone 2.0, and alongside it, we encounter another error. Since the game’s release, players have received all kinds of bugs and errors in Call of Duty Warzone 2.0. These glitches and crashes are capable of ruining the excitement of dropping into Al Mazrah with your friends, especially when they are related to voice chat. Hence, today we have lined up a fixing guide that covers COD Warzone 2.0 Voice Chat not working error.
How To Fix Voice Chat Issues In Call Of Duty Warzone 2.0?
After the whole fiasco of the ‘A Player that your platform denies’ error, we have yet another bug related to teammates and friends. If you’re playing on PC, Xbox, or PS4/PS5, there is a chance that you’re also facing the issue.
However, most of the time, the error is linked to your system rather than the game itself. This is why a lot of people fixed the ongoing voice chat problem by running a few troubleshooting methods in Call of Duty Warzone 2.0. If you’re facing the annoying bug and are unable to talk to your friends, then you’re in luck because we have included some of the Best troubleshooting methods below!
Set Your Default Sound Input DeviceThe first thing you should do is set up your Sound input device on your PC before you try out anything else. Most of the time, this simple fix was enough for some gamers to solve the voice chat not working problem in Warzone 2.0.
It is possible that your PC has a different microphone input set in the sound settings, which is why it isn’t catching your voice on the microphone of your preferred headphones. Follow the steps below in the mentioned order to fix this issue:
- Right-click the Speakers icon at the bottom right corner of your taskbar.
- From the options, choose “Open Sound settings“.
- Scroll down on the Sound Settings window until you reach the “Input” option.
- Open the drop-down menu under “Choose the input device” and pick your current microphone in use.
After you have set up your preferred microphone device through the Sound Settings on your PC. It is time for you to choose the same device on your Battle.net launcher so that there is no conflict between the game and the system.
- Run Battle.net on your PC.
- From your games bar, choose Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Warzone 2.0.
- Press the Settings (gear icon) next to the play button and choose “Game Settings“.
- In the settings, click on “Voice Chat” from the list of options available on the left of the window.
- Now at the Microphone sub-tab, choose the same input device that you chose on the Windows Sound Settings.
- Click “Done” and Save your changes.
Before launching the game, you can easily check your microphone settings on Battle.net. Just go to the microphone option, where you’ll see a “Test Microphone” button. Click this button and speak into your microphone to see if your PC and Battle.net are picking up your voice.
If you can’t hear yourself during this test, there might be another issue at play. It’s possible that your headset’s microphone is broken or malfunctioning. Alternatively, the microphone port on your PC could be damaged. To troubleshoot, you can try unplugging and plugging your headset back in or testing a different microphone on your computer.
On a positive note, if you do hear your voice during the test, that means your voice chat is working properly. Feel free to run the game and test it out while exploring Al Mazrah.
Allow Access To The MicrophoneWe also found out that many players have fixed their Voice chat issues by Allowing Warzone 2.0 access to the microphone. This troubleshooting method has done wonders for a lot of other games for us as well. Every now and then, your PC may not allow access to the microphone for a specific game.
In such a case, you need to make sure that all the settings are in place. So that your voice chat experience can flow smoothly in Warzone 2.0. Without further ado, here is how you can allow access to the microphone for Warzone 2.0 on your PC. Not only that, but we have also included brief guides for PS4/PS5 and Xbox users as well.
Here are the simple steps you need to follow to allow Warzone 2.0 to get access to the microphone.
- Head to the Sound Settings on your PC by right-clicking on the Speaker icon on the right side of the Taskbar.
- In the Sound Settings window, under the heading of “Related Settings” click on “Microphone Privacy Settings“.
- Make sure that the “Allow apps to access your microphone” is Turned On.
If it was turned off, then that is the reason your Voice Chat was not working in WZ 2.0. If it is already turned on, then there are a few more steps that you should perform before testing the microphone in Warzone 2.0.
- Open the “Control Panel” on your PC.
- Choose the “Hardware and Sound” option and then pick “Sound“.
- Now pick the “Recording” tab and then right-click on the microphone you are currently using.
- From the drop-down menu, click “Properties“.
- Another window will open up; in here, choose the “Advanced” tab.
- Make sure that “Allow apps to take exclusive control of this device” and “Give exclusive mode application priority” are Turned On.
- Apply the changes and click “Ok” to close the properties.
If your microphone is not getting picked up by your PlayStation, then here is a quick guide on how you can set up your audio input for Warzone 2.0.
- Turn on the PS4.
- Make sure that your headset microphone’s exterior button is unmuted before you plug it into the controller.
- Now head to the Settings menu. You can do that by pressing the Up button on the D-pad and then sliding all the way to the right.
- In the Settings menu, choose “Devices“.
- Click on “Audio Devices” and then press “Input Device“.
- Now choose the headset that you plugged into your controller from the list of options.
- From the home screen of your PS5, click on the Settings icon in the top right corner.
- Now press ‘X’ on the “Sounds” option in the Settings menu.
- Choose Microphone and then click on “Input Device“.
- Finally, pick the headset that you plugged into the controller.
Completing these steps on your PS4/PS5 should fix your Voice Chat in COD Warzone 2.0.
Here is a simple guide on how to set up your audio input for Warzone 2.0 if your Xbox isn’t picking up your microphone.
- Start up your Xbox console.
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to open up the quick menu.
- From the list of options at the bottom, choose “Audio and Music“.
- Make sure the first option, “Headset Mic” is Turned On.
- Save your changes and head into Warzone 2.0 to check if the Voice Chat is fixed.
Turn Off Push To TalkAnother common reason that players run into voice chat problems is that they have set their voice chat to “Push to Talk“. In such a case, your microphone may be working properly. However, since you don’t push a certain button, you may end up thinking that the voice chat is glitching up.
So, before jumping to conclusions, it’s important that you turn off Push to Talk in Call of Duty Warzone 2.0. Doing this will make it easier for you to check your microphone in-game properly.
If you haven’t tweaked your Audio Settings in Warzone 2.0 then make sure you do that as well while turning “Push To Talk” off.
If you faced the Proximity Chat Not Working error in the game, then you’d be familiar with where you can find the “Push to Talk” settings. Here is a quick rundown on How you can turn off “Push to talk” in COD Warzone 2.0.
- Launch Call of Duty Warzone 2.0 on your PC, PS4/PS5, or Xbox.
- Go to the in-game Settings by pressing the gear icon on the top right side of the screen.
- Now choose the “Audio” option from the left side. It is showcased by a speaker icon.
- Scroll down to “Voice Chat” and then click the drop-down menu of “Voice Chat Recording Mode“.
- From the options, choose “Open Mic” and Apply the changes.
After completing all the steps, load up a game of Warzone 2.0 to see if the issue has been fixed.
Fortunately, we have dug up the forums and subreddits on the internet to find some of the best possible fixes for the voice chat error in Warzone 2.0. By trying these out, you could potentially fix the bug and start enjoying the voice chat features of the game. On that note, make sure to check the Warzone 2.0 Crashing Guide to find legitimate fixes for some other major errors.
Call of Duty Warzone 2.0 is out, and all the Battle Royale enthusiasts are already spending hours on it. After making tons of memories in Verdansk, Rebirth Island, and Caldera, it is time to wreak havoc in Al Mazrah. Before you drop in on the huge map, make sure you have applied the Best Controller Settings. After that, make sure that you have the Best SMGs, Pistols, Assault Rifles, and Snipers in your loadouts of COD Warzone 2.0.
For more helpful guides along with error fixes for Call of Duty Warzone 2.0, make sure to stick around at eXputer.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍