Like any other survival game, to achieve your goal, you’ll need skills or abilities to strengthen your character. These skills can be acquired through exploration or slaying the monstrosities that plague the land of Vardoran. Today, the V Rising Putrid Rat form is one of the most important early-game skills we’ll cover.
Putrid Rate is among the many bosses you’ll encounter in V Rising. It’s relatively easy to beat, but the fact that the fight takes place in such a small, confined place can make it quite challenging.
Finding And Summoning Putrid Rat
Here are our quick steps from start to finish:
- Build a Vermin Nest:
- Go to the Refinement sub-tab of the Production tab.
- Construct the Vermin Nest from there.
- Obtain Required Items:
- Click on the Vermin Nest to see the three items required: Twilight Snapper, Fish Bones, and Grave Dust.
- Obtain Fish Bones:
- Craft a Fishing Pole at a woodworking bench.
- Locate rivers or blue-colored areas on the in-game map.
- Fish in these areas using your fishing pole.
- Fish Bones are a random drop from fishing, so try multiple times.
- Alternatively, obtain Fish Bones as random drops from enemies or find them in treasure chests in bandit camps.
- Obtain Grave Dust:
- Slay necromancers in graveyards and cemeteries to obtain Grave Dust.
- Visit graveyards nearest to you or marked spots like the “desecrated graveyard” and “forgotten cemetery.”
- Grave Dust can also be found in treasure chests of bandit camps.
- Obtain Twilight Snappers:
- Fish in blue-colored areas or rivers using your fishing pole.
- Twilight Snappers are rare drops, so keep fishing during both day and night.
- Explore bandit camps and look for treasure chests, where Twilight Snappers can sometimes be found as loot.
- Summon Putrid Rat:
- Once you have the required items (4 Fish Bones, 8 Grave Dust, and 1 Twilight Snapper), interact with the Vermin Nest.
- Use the items to summon Putrid Rat.
Still, for convenience, we’ll mark and mention two graveyards here. The most common ones are the “desecrated graveyard” and “forgotten cemetery.”
Putrid Rat Boss Fight
Once you summon the Putrid Rat, you’ll have at least 20 seconds before the boss appears. So use this wisely and apply all the necessary buffs or use summon for additional help. Also, our recommended level to fight putrid rats is level 30
The move set of the Putrid rate isn’t anything crazy. It mostly does a forward headbutt attack and occasionally a poisonous AOE attack. These two attacks particularly aren’t hard to evade. The attacks are heavily telegraphed and give plenty of room to punish back after a successful evasion.
After considerable damage is done, Putrid Rat retreats into the ground and summons a large quantity of smaller variants of itself. This move can be a game-changer and turn the battle’s tides against you.
The correct way to counter this attack is by taking out the minions first instead of focusing on the main rat. Once the minions are out of the way, you can focus on the Putrid Rat again. After this, there isn’t anything new in the fight; rinse and repeat, and eventually, you’ll take it out.
Putrid Rat Boss Fight Rewards
After slaying this overgrown foul beast and extracting its blood, you’ll be rewarded with one of V rising’s most useful abilities, the “Putrid Rat Form.”
This ability lets you transform into a rat and sneak into or get around enemy encampments unnoticed. However, taking any form of damage will reveal your true self to your enemies. Furthermore, getting too close to your enemies can also make them notice you. So stay out of harm’s way and keep your distance from the enemies while sneaking around in the Rat form.
This wraps up our guide on Location and summoning guide of Putrid Rat. Let us know what you think about our guide in the comments below.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍