The Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth Dondoko Island is one of the game’s biggest pieces of side content. It instantly became my favorite for its Animal Crossing-inspired and addictive gameplay loop. After countless hours in that mode alone, I have compiled a beginner’s handbook to help you quickly meet the Resort Rank requirements needed to complete this side activity and the major features not to miss out on.
- Author’s Note: You can trust and rely on my expertise since I’ve gone through Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth for over 100+ hours now on PS5, experiencing everything the title offers, from becoming a Sujimon Master to clearing the main storyline.
What Is Dondoko Island In Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth
Dondoko Island is unlocked during Chapter 6 where Ichiban will get transported to it, introducing him to the side activity for the first time along with the two mascots, Gachapin and Mukku.
The side activity is essentially an entire game mode dedicated to rebuilding an Island Resort with several elements akin to the Animal Crossing series such as farming, fishing, and customizing the Island with furnishings.
- Any Restrictions: Upon unlocking Dondoko Island for the first time, you can continue to do this mode as you please since it doesn’t limit you from engaging in it too much.
- Dondoko Dailies: These daily tasks will be generated randomly throughout your venture on the Island, from chopping a certain amount of food to catching Fish.
- Resources and Furnishing: Furnishing can be crafted from the Workshop table near Ichiban’s House using materials such as Stone, Wood, Cloth, etc.
- Dokobucks: The main currency of the activity, you’ll need this in high commodity later to clear locked-off areas, purchase lodgings, upgrade tools, and more.
Dondoko Island Resort Rank Levels & Requirements
To make the Island lively again like the shell of its former past, you will need to fulfill certain requirements such as raising the Satisfaction and Popularity ratings, all done by placing furnishings around the Island, inviting guests, and opening more locked areas away from the Washbucklers, the main villains of this activity.
While I took my sweet time with the activity from start to end to make it a Five-Star resort, below is a summary of all the Star Rating requirements for Dondoko Island:
How To Increase Satisfaction And Popularity
Most of the time, you must fulfill certain criteria of Satisfaction and Popularity to advance to the next star rating for the Island. You will also encounter guests who require certain Satisfaction and Popularity to live on the Island.
I have detailed the following ways you can increase both Satisfaction and Popularity in Dondoko Island:
- Crafting and Placing Furnishes: Furnishings primarily increase Satisfaction but also contribute to Popularity, depending on the type you craft and put on the Island for guests.
- Commercials: After reaching Three-Star, you can request Subaru to purchase either a TV ad for 100,000 Dokobucks or an online broadcast for 200,000 Dokobucks, which can greatly increase popularity.
- My Suggestion: I strongly recommend crafting the large Building structures first as they provide a ton of Satisfaction and Popularity, perfect for meeting the Star Rating requirements.
How To Quickly Earn Dokobucks
You will need lots of Dokobucks to accomplish various tasks in the activity, ranging from purchasing Lodges for guests to upgrading Tools, Ichiban’s House, and even purchasing the exclusive Matayoshi furnishings. While they can be scarcely found initially, as the game opens up more features later on, so does the opportunity to acquire more of this currency become available.
After completing the entirety of the Dondoko Island storyline in Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth, the following are my favorite methods to farm Dokobucks:
- Dondoko Dailies: Completing the Dondoko Dailies will be the best source of Dokobucks in the early game.
- Suggestion Box Milestones: The Suggestion Box displays your feats on Dondoko Island and meeting certain milestones can reward you with a ton of Dokobucks when completed.
- Dokobuck-Up Furnishings: Some Outdoor Furnishings can provide a passive income as guests will interact with them on their visits to the Islands, a slow but sure way to get Dokobucks.
- Dondoko Farm Workshop: The Dondoko Farm opens up with a 2-star Rating, and one feature there is the workshop, which can allow you to generate upwards of 300,000 Dokobucks with properly assigned Sujimon.
- Selling Unwanted Items: You can sell High Dondoko value items such as the Golden Shark at Matayoshi’s General Store if you desperately want extra cash.
- Lodgings & Guests: By far the best way to generate Dokobucks in the endgame, as you can easily earn upwards of a million via A or S-rating Lodgings and premium guests as shown in the images above.
My Experience With Dondoko Island
If you ask me, Dondoko Island is easily my favorite side activity in the entire game, this is coming from both a JRPG and Yakuza series veteran. In my Review of Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth, I even went as far as to say that Dondoko Island becomes too addictive at one point that it’s hard to leave it to get back to the main game.
Aside from that, I highly encourage you to play this side activity in general too as once you complete it and start accommodating tons of guests, it becomes the best way to earn money in Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth.
If you enjoyed reading this, then check my comprehensive guides to Upgrading weapons to changing or unlocking Jobs. Let me know in the comments below what you think of the game so far and if you have any further questions or queries, I’ll be sure to get back to them as quickly as possible.
- Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth: Best Jobs
- Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth: Best Kiryu Jobs
- Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth: Best Chitose Jobs
- Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth: Anaconda Escape
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍