When you start playing Lords of the Fallen, you will find this mysterious item in your inventory called the Umbral Scouring. The detail of this item is hidden, but if you have enough Umbral Scouring, you can use them to unlock the in-game boss items, which include armor, weapons, and even spells.
What Are Umbral Scouring In Lords Of The Fallen
Umbral Scoring is a type of dropped item that can be traded for boss items in Lords of the Fallen.
Umbral Scourings are obtained in Lords of the Fallen when you defeat a boss, after which you go into the Umbral Realm and Soulflay the memories that appear at their arena. These are difficult and rare to obtain as they are dropped after Soulflaying the memories. There is another method you can obtain these through the Scarlet Shadows farm.
Umbral Scouring Farm
You can farm Umbral Scourings in Lords of the Fallen by two methods:
- By defeating bosses
- By killing Scarlet Shadows
The following table shows the bosses and how much Umbral Scourings they drop:
|Umbral Scourings Dropped
|The Congregator of Flesh,
The Hushed Saint
|Harrower Delva & The Unbroken Promise
|The Hollow Crow
|Fief of the Chill Curse
|Tancred & Reinhold the Immured
|Tower of Penance
|Judge Cleric, the Radiant Sentinel
|The Sundered Monarch
Farming Scarlet Shadows
The best Umbral Scourings Farm in Lords of the Fallen I have personally tried is killing Scarlet Shadows, also known as the red reapers. These are stronger than the average mobs that spawn in the Umbral Realm. The Scarlet Shadows start to spawn when you are in the Umbral Realm, and the eye on the right side of the screen turns red. The Vigor multiplier, in addition, also becomes 3.0x.
- They are tough to kill when you are a low-level player, and the Sanguinatrix is turned off during that time, which you can’t use.
- The simplest way to kill them, even for low-level players, is by fall damage.
- You can do this by luring them to a chasm or a plank and then Soulflay their souls.
- Then push them off of it, which may sound easy, but the Reapers have the teleport ability and are very aggressive, making them unpredictable.
- Vigor wisps are spawned when a Scarlet Shadow dies, dropping about five Umbral Scourings.
- The Scarlet Shadows spawn within five minutes, and you can again do the same procedure to kill it.
- Ultimately, you can collect and trade the loot for boss items from Umbral Merchant Mohlu.
How To Utilize Umbral Scourings
You can use Umbral Scouring to purchase unique items from Umbral Merchant Molhu in Lords of the Fallen, which is present on the Skyrest Bridge.
Molhu only appears in the Umbral Realm, so you first have to go into that Realm via your Umbral Lamp. Then go next east from the Pieta NPC; you have to pass Nathaniel and Exacter Dunmire. Then, before reaching the Vestige of Ethryg, take the doorway on the left. There, you will see the merchant in the Umbral Realm.The Umbral Merchant Mohlu can be used to upgrade your Umbral Lamp by trading the plucked eyeballs. See eXputer’s plucked eyeballs guide for more details.
Bowl Of Revelations
Before trading with the Umbral Merchant Molhu, you must unlock him by giving him the Bowl of Revelations in Lords of the Fallen.
- For this, you have to reach the Pilgrim’s Perch, then go to the Vestige of Blind Agatha in the Bellroom, which you can reach via the following YouTube video.
- Go outside, then drop down; on the left, you will see a ladder that will take you a level below.
- From there, dodge or kill the tall enemy guarding the ladder on the left.
- Take the ladder down, enter the Umbral Realm, and place a Vestige Seed there for respawn.
- The ladder on your right will go to the bottom of the ash floor.
- Soulflay the statue present there, and it will drop the Bowl of Revelations.
- When you enter the area, try to kill the enemies that spawn there as quickly as possible, then take the Bowl of Revelations.
Purchase Boss Items From Molhu
The Umbral Scouring in Lords of the Fallen can be traded with the Merchant Molhu. In the Umbral Realm for boss items. You can trade these items from the bosses you have defeated. You can also upgrade your Umbral Lamp through the Merchant Molhu and purchase items from him with Vigor.
My Opinion On Umbral Scouring Farm
I have spent roughly 5+ hours finding a way to gather Umbral Scourings in Lords of the Fallen, and the Scarlet Shadows method is the best I have found. It takes some time for them to spawn as you remain in the Umbral Realm; the enemies that spawn are stronger from time to time.Lords of the Fallen is a difficult game and takes patience to clear. I hope you guys can farm Umbral Scouring easily and acquire the boss items, which will help you in the game through my guide. If you have any queries or suggestions regarding the Umbral Scouring Farm, add your thoughts in the comment section below.
Be sure to read Moiz Banoori’s guide on the Best Bows in Lords of the Fallen, which covers a step-by-step guide to unlock them and their damage stats. Also, if you are interested in red lanterns, here’s a look at Red Laterns in Lords of the Fallen by Huzaifa Amjad. And if you’re having trouble clearing Lords of the Fallen, look at some Tips And Tricks in-game, also curated by Huzaifa Amjad.
- Lords of the Fallen: Best Radiance Weapons
- Lords of the Fallen: How To Heal The Petrified Girl
- Lords of the Fallen: The Best Bows
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍