Midnight Suns will require some practice to learn and understand, as the game’s initial hours can be highly confusing for new players. Its 60-hour campaign is filled to the brim with content so it can get a bit overwhelming, but the tips and tricks we are about to list here are bound to help you out.
- The very first piece of advice is to know about the strengths and weaknesses of each hero.
- When in the Abbey, players should thoroughly explore it and properly utilize all the resources that are available to them.
- Add Variety to your deck, so you perform different types of moves in battle.
- In gameplay, utilize quick attacks and be wary of messing around with difficulty modifiers.
Combat TipsAs for combat tips and tricks in Midnight Suns, there is quite a lot to cover, so we’ll just cover the basics that every player should know before engaging the enemy. Let us start off with the most basic one.
- Quick Attacks are extremely useful, and you should be using them most of the time. Sure, their damage is not great as your hero abilities, but they do instant-kill grunts that do not have any health bar, so it is better to use quick attacks on them rather than wasting your hero abilities.
- Using Quick Attacks strategically can give you an upper hand in battle because the quick attacks of some heroes, such as Spider-Man and Iron Man, have knockbacks. By throwing the enemy on an explosive barrel at the back, you can do massive damage to both your target and the surrounding enemies without wasting any card slots.
- In missions, prioritize the objective over the enemies. In Midnight Suns, your mission will end as soon as you’ve finished your objective. That will stop more enemies from spawning, thus saving your heroes from getting any unnecessary injury because accidents tend to happen sometimes.
- Speaking of injuries, try your best not to get any of your heroes severely injured, but if they do get injured, then be sure to give them the rest they need. If you add an injured hero to your roster, then they will not be able to perform to their fullest.
- We said it before, and we’ll say it again. Don’t sleep on Combat items. They are easy to craft, free to use, and can give you a huge advantage in battle.
- Be cautious about messing around with the difficulty modifiers. As you complete missions, you will be able to unlock new difficulty modifiers. Higher difficulty means tougher enemies and more XP. We will recommend testing out each difficulty modifier properly and trying to find a balance between XP and difficulty that works best for you because it can have a huge impact on your experience.
Know Your TeamThe very first piece of advice we can give you is to know properly about the strengths and weaknesses of the characters in your roster. Ensure that each character has a separate role that complements the other. Your roster shouldn’t be filled with heroes who all do the same thing. Some match-ups can cost you greatly.
For example, if a hero can perform devastating attacks at the cost of losing his health, then he belongs in a roster with some healers. The abilities of both characters will complement then each other in this case.
What To Do In The AbbeyAfter every mission, you will be returning to the Abbey to unwind with your team and to upgrade items. In order to make sure that your time in the Abbey is well spent. Research projects usually take a day or two to complete; thus, we would recommend having at least one research project in the Forge ongoing so you do not waste your valuable time.
One of the research items that we would recommend prioritizing is the combat items. They are free to cast items that are extremely useful mid-battle.
Aside from hanging around Forge, be sure to read books occasionally to gain Arcane knowledge, which you can later use to open up new chests in Abbey. One thing to remember is that if you have Arcane keys, be sure to save them for rare or legendary chests and not waste them on common ones.
And last but not least is to make sure that you pet Charlie every day. We are not even joking when we say that it is extremely important to pet Charlie every day because, unlike other heroes, you can not upgrade Charlie; the only way to make him stronger is to give him lots of pets and make him feel loved. After some time, you will be able to summon it in battles, and Charlie can be a lifesaver in certain scenarios.
Explore The Abbey Grounds
Exploring this area is optional in Midnight Suns, but you will miss out on a lot of stuff if you don’t take out the time to fully explore this area. For example, exploring the grounds will give you access to Agatha’s Cauldron, which you can use to turn Regents into essence, gifts, and tonics. There are also armor sets, passive abilities, and multiple other things that you will miss out on by not exploring this area.
In a nutshell, we recommend spending a ton of time in the Abbey and the Abbey Grounds to make sure that all of the resources available to you are being utilized properly and that you are not missing out on anything.
Add Variety To Your DeckThere’s nothing wrong with having a favorite hero but we would recommend trying out different heroes and learning about each of their strengths and weakness and which hero works best with who. Keep every hero leveled up, as you never know when you might need the abilities of a certain hero to win a battle in the late game.
Design your roster according to the abilities of the boss you are about to fight.
Leveling Up Cards And Friendships
As we stated previously, it is important to keep all characters leveled up, but that is no easy task since there are about 13 heroes in the game, and players are required to use their abilities and cards in battle if they wish to level them up.
The first thing you need to do is find your favorite heroes that you will be using the most. Then you’ll need to hang out with those heroes and give them gifts to increase your friendship level, which will result in you unlocking passive abilities for those heroes, so it is worth the extra time.
It is no secret that you will be using your favorite heroes in most battles which will result in them having roughly the same level as you. As you use those heroes, you will unlock new ability/hero cards for them, so your preferred heroes will automatically get stronger and stronger than the other heroes.
Now instead of wasting time and separately leveling up each hero, the thing we would recommend is to start doing T.H.R.E.A.T Rooms in the yard. It will allow you to level up every single hero by only playing with one hero. So you can use your most powerful hero as much as you like. This is a great way to level up under-leveled heroes, and players should not ignore this.
The Midnight Suns is a tactical role-playing game that features multiple characters from the Marvel Comic Book and the ability to create your own character. Of course, being a tactical role-playing game means players should know what to look out for and what to avoid in order to save the world later on potentially. These Midnight Suns Tips and Tricks will ensure that you start off on the right footing.
That concludes our guide on Tips and Tricks for the Midnight Suns that every player should know about. Following these tips will ensure that you are properly utilizing all of the resources that are available to you and you aren’t missing out on some hidden mechanic. Here we have also listed combat tips that can greatly help you out in battles and about how hero cards work in the game.
Midnight Suns is available now on PS5, Xbox Series S/X, and PC. We hope our guide helped you out. Please let us know your thoughts about the game in the comment section below.
- Midnight Suns: The Best Blade Build
- Midnight Suns Iron Man Build
- Marvel’s Midnight Suns: All Costumes
- Midnight Suns: BEST Characters
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍