Midnight Suns will require some practice to learn and understand, as the game’s initial hours can be highly confusing for new players. Its 60-hour campaign is filled to the brim with content so it can get a bit overwhelming, but the tips and tricks we are about to list here are bound to help you out.
Best Midnight Suns Tips
Here’s a quick briefing on some major tips that you should know before playing Midnight Suns:
|Know Hero Strengths and Weaknesses
|Understand the attributes of each hero for better team composition.
|Explore the Abbey
|Utilize resources, start research projects, and pet Charlie.
|Add Variety to Your Deck
|Customize your hero roster for strategic advantages.
|Prioritize Quick Attacks in Combat
|Use quick attacks for instant-kills and strategic knockbacks.
|Focus on Objectives in Missions
|Completing objectives stops more enemies from spawning.
|Level Up Cards and Friendships
|Strengthen preferred heroes through cards and friendships.
|Level Up Heroes with T.H.R.E.A.T Rooms
|Efficiently level up underused heroes by playing with a single one.
Combat TipsAs for combat tips and tricks in Midnight Suns, there is quite a lot to cover, so we’ll just cover the basics that every player should know before engaging the enemy. Let us start off with the most basic one.
- Quick Attacks are highly valuable and should be prioritized in most situations.
- In missions, focus on completing the objective as it determines mission success in Midnight Suns.
- Avoid severe injuries to heroes, but if they get injured, ensure they receive the necessary rest.
- Utilize Combat items; they are easy to craft, free, and provide a significant advantage in battle.
- Exercise caution with difficulty modifiers; unlocking new ones increases enemy toughness and XP gained
Know Your TeamThe very first piece of advice we can give you is to know properly about the strengths and weaknesses of the characters in your roster. Ensure that each character has a separate role that complements the other. Your roster shouldn’t be filled with heroes who all do the same thing. Some match-ups can cost you greatly.
For example, if a hero can perform devastating attacks at the cost of losing his health, then he belongs in a roster with some healers. The abilities of both characters will complement each other in this case.
What To Do In The Abbey
- After every mission, return to the Abbey to unwind and upgrade items with your team.
- Ensure your time in the Abbey is well spent by having at least one research project in the Forge; research projects take a day or two to complete.
- Prioritize combat items in research projects, as they are free-to-cast and extremely useful mid-battle.
- Read books occasionally to gain Arcane knowledge, allowing you to open new chests in the Abbey.
- Save Arcane keys for rare or legendary chests, avoiding use on common ones.
- Remember to pet Charlie every day; it’s crucial for his strength as he can’t be upgraded like other heroes.
- Over time, summon Charlie in battles; he can be a lifesaver in certain scenarios
Explore The Abbey Grounds
Exploring this area is optional in Midnight Suns, but you will miss out on a lot of stuff if you don’t take the time to fully explore this area. For example, exploring the grounds will give you access to Agatha’s Cauldron, which you can use to turn Regents into essence, gifts, and tonics. There are also armor sets, passive abilities, and multiple other things that you will miss out on by not exploring this area.
In a nutshell, we recommend spending a ton of time in the Abbey and the Abbey Grounds to make sure that all of the resources available to you are being utilized properly and that you are not missing out on anything.
Add Variety To Your DeckThere’s nothing wrong with having a favorite hero but we would recommend trying out different heroes and learning about each of their strengths and weaknesses and which hero works best with whom. Keep every hero leveled up, as you never know when you might need the abilities of a certain hero to win a battle in the late game.
Design your roster according to the abilities of the boss you are about to fight.
Leveling Up Cards And Friendships
- Keeping all characters leveled up is challenging with 13 heroes in the game.
- Choose favorite heroes for focused leveling.
- Increase friendship level by spending time with chosen heroes and giving them gifts.
- Unlock passive abilities by raising friendship levels.
- Preferred heroes used in battles tend to have similar levels.
- Unlock new ability/hero cards for preferred heroes as you use them, making them stronger.
- Instead of individually leveling up each hero, focus on T.H.R.E.A.T Rooms in the yard.
- Allows leveling up every hero by playing with just one powerful hero.
- Effective way to level up under-leveled heroes and should not be ignored
The Midnight Suns is a tactical role-playing game that features multiple characters from the Marvel Comic Book and the ability to create your own character. Of course, being a tactical role-playing game means players should know what to look out for and what to avoid in order to save the world later on. These Midnight Suns Tips and Tricks will ensure that you start off on the right footing.
That concludes our guide on Tips and Tricks for the Midnight Suns that every player should know about. Following these tips will ensure that you are properly utilizing all of the resources that are available to you and you aren’t missing out on some hidden mechanic. Here we have also listed combat tips that can greatly help you out in battles and about how hero cards work in the game.
Midnight Suns is available now on PS5, Xbox Series S/X, and PC. We hope our guide helped you out. Please let us know your thoughts about the game in the comment section below.
- Midnight Suns: The Best Blade Build
- Midnight Suns Iron Man Build
- Marvel’s Midnight Suns: All Costumes
- Midnight Suns: BEST Characters
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍