Hopoo has done many cool things in their latest installment in the Risk of Rain series. Still, arguably, one of the coolest is the possibility of unlocking a Risk of Rain Returns secret character. You will need to follow a very fun series of steps to unlock the character, and it’s worth every bit!
Helpful Read: Risk of Rain Returns Best Characters
Who Is Risk Of Rain Returns Secret Character?The secret character in Risk of Rain Returns is Robomando.
The character has great skills to be utilized. He is faster than any other survivor; his primary is similar to commando.
Robomando arguably has one of the most powerful survivor skills, which lets you open any drone or chest completely free. All of this makes unlocking this character seriously worth it.
Unlocking The Character
To unlock the character, follow all of the steps below. If done correctly, by step 4, your character should be unlocked and ready for use.
Locating The Strange BatteryTo get started, simply set the difficulty to drizzle and start a run. You need to ensure your survivor has good mobility. A few Hopoo feathers along the way would do the job as well.
- Once in the run, you must reach the fifth stage, the Temple of the Elders.
- Every variant of the stage would have a hidden pot, which could be on the stage’s very left or right side.
- To reach it, you would have to traverse the top of the building to reach outside the building walls.
- Once you are there, interact with the pot.
- At first, it may only seem like a strange battery that does nothing, but don’t worry; the little thing is the key to the easter egg.
Putting The Battery In The ChestAfter interacting with the battery, bring it to the Contact Light, the game’s final stage. Once here, you must;
- Travel on top of the ship from the outside.
- Make sure you travel to the far right side of the stage
- You will know you are there once you see the secret area where a group of golems are chilling to some music on their boom box.
- Ignoring them, continue through the room, and you will find a chest that requires you to put equipment inside it.
- Place your strange battery inside and end the run by dying or defeating Providence.
Starting Another RunOnce that run has been finished, you would have to start yet another run, but this time on a rainstorm or higher difficulty. This is important for this Risk of Rain Returns secret character easter egg.
Your objective is to reach stage 2 and find the chest you put the battery in on the last run. The chest would act as a way to transfer equipment from one run to another. Therefore, the strange battery will drop from it.
Finishing The Easter EggOnce you have progressed to stage 3 on that run and finished the teleporter event, you must wait before leaving for the next stage until your in-game time is 22-22:59 minutes.
If done correctly, you will spawn on stage 4 with something special, almost drone-like, buried in the ground. If you place your strange battery in it, you will spawn an extremely powerful robot commando.
To complete the step, you must accept defeat and die while the character is alive. Upon completion, you will finally unlock Robomando, the secret survivor in Risk of Rain Returns.
Therefore, unlocking the Robomando survivor in Risk of Rain enhances the fun and adds variety to the already diverse roster. Just follow the steps to add Robomando to your team. Enjoy the game with your new powerful ally!
- Risk Of Rain Returns: All Bosses
- Risk Of Rain Returns: Miner
- Risk of Rain Returns Mercenary
- Risk of Rain Returns Drifter
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍