Risk of Rain Returns has a few hidden bosses that you cannot find by the usual means. The Direseeker is one of such hidden bosses in Risk of Rain Returns. The Direseeker is just a bigger Elder Lemurian with more health and damage than regular ones. It is a relatively simple boss to fight, and if you know how to deal with the normal Elder Lemurian, then it is a piece of cake.
Where To Find The DireseekerDireseeker can be located in the Magma Barracks in a hidden area connected with a magma-filled tunnel.
Magma Barracks is the fourth stage in the game. You can find many different types of enemies here. Usually, to fight an area boss, you need to start the teleporter. The Direseeker is a special boss and cannot be spawned by turning the teleporter on.
Following are the steps you need to follow to find the boss:
- Once you spawn at the Magma Barracks, run to the right edge of the map.
- Drop down to the lowest level of that area, just above the lava
- When you see a tunnel at the bottom of the edge of the map on the right side, enter it.
- Reach the end as fast as you can to find the boss.
How To Defeat DireseekerTo defeat the Direseeker the easiest, you need a long-ranged character and shoot it from afar.
As mentioned earlier, Direseeker is just a bigger Elder Lemurian with more health and higher damage. You can defeat it fairly easily with any character you want. But it also has a larger AOE of its attacks. So, melee characters like Acrid or Mercenary can die much more easily. The best part about the boss is that no enemies spawn when you are fighting it, so it is even easier.
Here are a few tips that can help you out during the boss fight:
- Use ranged characters to fight the boss to avoid getting damaged.
- You will already be damaged by the lava trying to reach the area, so it is better to be at a distance.
- Keep healing items on you when you are playing as a melee character.
The Direseeker is very easy since it is just a bigger version of a regular enemy. There is no right or wrong way of defeating the boss. You need to keep a distance from the boss and keep shooting the boss. Ranged characters like Bandit or Pilot work great against the boss. This way, you can defeat Direseeker without even taking a single hit in Risk of Rain Returns. Defeating the Direseeker unlocks Miner, one of the game’s best characters.
- Risk Of Rain Returns: All Hidden Event Bosses
- Risk Of Rain Returns: Best Items
- Risk Of Rain Returns: How To Get To Boar Beach
- Risk of Rain Returns: Best Controls
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍