Gloom hands are one of the most annoying enemies in The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. They strike along trajectories that are practically impossible to evade, and just when you think you’ve annihilated them, they regain a portion of their health and re-emerge from the Gloom, relentlessly attacking you repeatedly. In this Gloom Hands Tears of the Kingdom guide, I will help you and share some pro tips on how to kill them!
- Gloom Hands are challenging enemies in The Legend of Zelda’s Tears of the Kingdom, featuring unique abilities and an unsettling appearance.
- They emerge from pools of gloom scattered throughout Hyrule, attacking Link with a grab that drains his health over time.
- Climbing to higher ground, using Area of Effect ranged attacks, and targeting the Gloom Hands’ eyes are all effective strategies against these foes.
- The Gloom Hands are vulnerable to being frozen, which incapacitates them and prevents their regenerative ability.
- Ice Fruit and Ice Arrows are two key items that can freeze the Gloom Hands, making them easier to defeat.
- Bomb Flower Arrows, crafted by fusing Bomb Flowers with arrows, are highly effective against Gloom Hands due to their high damage output and wide area of effect.
- Gloom Resistant Armor helps mitigate the harmful effects of gloom, reducing the damage you take over time from the Gloom Hands’ attacks.
- After defeating all the Gloom Hands in an area, players will have to face the formidable Phantom Ganon.
What Are Gloom Hands In Tears of the Kingdom?
In The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom, players are introduced to a unique and unsettling enemy known as the Gloom Hands. These entities, also referred to as Gloom Spawn or Red Hands, are manifestations of the malevolent Gloom that permeates certain areas of the Totk world, specifically in the surface layer of Hyrule.
- The Gloom Hands appear as dark, reddish hands covered in a shadowy gloom, each featuring a chilling eye in the center of their palms.
- They are born from ominous puddles of gloom that form unexpectedly, with the hands crawling out and swiftly moving toward the player character, Link.
- Their primary mode of attack is to charge and grab at Link.
- If they succeed, they inflict the gloom status effect, which chips away at Link’s hearts or health points, making them a serious threat to the unprepared player.
- What makes the Gloom Hands even more disturbing is their ability to regenerate if not all of them are defeated quickly, adding a layer of urgency to their encounters.
Encountering Gloom Hands
They are scattered throughout Hyrule, usually hiding out of sight until you unwittingly approach them. As you traverse through Hyrule’s diverse landscape, you may notice an unusual pool of gloom that seems out of place. This is the first indication that a Gloom Hand encounter is imminent.
The next moment, the ground opens up, and the Gloom Hands crawl out from the gloom pool, immediately charging toward you. The suddenness of these encounters, combined with the eerie appearance of the Gloom Hands, contributes to the tension and surprise.
- The areas with a high concentration of Gloom Hands include the Lost Woods and the Korok Forest, where the gloom status effect is prevalent.
- Tears of the Kingdom gloom hands locations are typically darker and filled with a sense of foreboding, enhancing the player’s anticipation of danger.
- It’s worth noting that the Gloom Hands are deceptively fast.
- They can cover the ground quickly and grab hold of you before you have a chance to react, which makes these encounters particularly dangerous.
- If they manage to grab you, they will inflict gloom damage, gradually draining your hearts.
Best Strategy To Beat Gloom Hands
Beating Gloom Hands in The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom requires a combination of strategy, quick reflexes, and the right gear. Below are some tried-and-true tactics that can help you overcome these fearsome foes:
Take the High Ground
Since Gloom Hands have limited vertical mobility, one of the best strategies is to climb to higher ground. This prevents them from reaching you and allows you to attack them from a safe distance.
Use AOE-Ranged Attacks
Gloom Hands typically attack in groups, so it’s beneficial to use Area of Effect (AOE) ranged attacks that can damage multiple enemies at once. Fusing bomb flowers or elemental chuchu jellies into your arrows can produce an AOE effect that’s highly effective against Gloom Hands.
Target the Eye
Each Gloom Hand has an eye in its palm, which is a significant weak spot. Aim your attacks there to deal the maximum amount of damage.
If a Gloom Hand does manage to grab you, quickly shake your analog sticks to break free from their grip. If you’re fast enough, you can escape without losing any hearts.
Eliminate All Gloom Hands Quickly
Gloom Hands can regenerate if not all of them are defeated quickly. Use your AOE attacks and focus on eliminating all the Gloom Hands in a group as fast as possible to prevent them from respawning.
Freezing the Gloom Hands
As the Gloom Hands are creatures of darkness and gloom, they have a particular vulnerability to being frozen. This is because when frozen, the Gloom Hands are incapacitated, unable to move or attack, providing the player a significant advantage in the battle.
- It is essential to note that the Gloom Hands have the unique ability to recover and respawn if not adequately defeated.
- This means that even if you’ve managed to deplete their health, they can still come back to life if not dealt with properly. This is where freezing them becomes crucial.
Using Ice Fruit
It’s a unique item that, when used, freezes your foes, rendering them incapable of attacking or moving. This proves particularly effective against Gloom Hands due to their vulnerability to cold and their unique ability to regenerate.
Some Pro-Tips Which Helped Me
Bomb Flower Arrows can be a crucial tool when battling against Gloom Hands in The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. These explosive arrows are incredibly effective due to their high damage output and a wide area of effect, which makes them perfect for handling groups of Gloom Hands.
Creating Bomb Flower Arrows
To create a Bomb Flower Arrow, you first need to find a Bomb Flower. These can be found throughout Hyrule, often growing on rocky cliffs or near Bomb Flower farms. Once you have a Bomb Flower, you can fuse it with an arrow in your inventory.
Using Bomb Flower Arrows
As soon as you notice a group of Gloom Hands emerging from a pool of gloom, prepare your Bomb Flower Arrow. Aim towards the middle of the group to maximize the damage, then release the arrow. The resulting explosion will harm all Gloom Hands in the vicinity, significantly reducing their health.
It typically takes about six Bomb Flower Arrows to defeat a group of Gloom Hands. Even if some Gloom Hands survive the initial explosion, they will be significantly weakened, making it easier to finish them off with regular attacks. Furthermore, the explosion can interrupt the Gloom Hands’ attacks, providing you with a brief respite or an opportunity to escape.
While Bomb Flower Arrows are powerful, they are also limited in number. You’ll need to be mindful of your inventory and use these arrows sparingly. Also, remember to stand at a safe distance when using Bomb Flower Arrows to avoid getting caught in the explosion yourself.
Acquiring Gloom Resistant Armor
Wearing Gloom Resistant Armor helps mitigate the harmful effects of gloom, reducing the damage you take over time. This allows you to withstand longer encounters with Gloom Hands or navigate areas heavily infested with gloom.
- Acquiring this protective gear often involves completing specific quests or challenges in Totk.
- Certain armor sets, and food items in Totk provide resistance to the gloom status effect.
- Equipping this gear or preparing sundelion dishes can help mitigate the damage if a Gloom Hand manages to grab you.
Using Ice Arrows: Much like the Ice Fruit, these chilling projectiles have the power to freeze enemies, making them especially potent against the Gloom Hands’ unique regeneration ability. Remember, timing is key when using Ice Arrows.
- You must be quick to switch to your best weapon under melee category and strike the frozen Gloom Hands before they can thaw and recover.
- Also, given the rarity of Ice Arrows, it’s important to ensure your shots count.
Related: Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Ganondorf
Encounter With Phantom Ganon
Upon successfully defeating all of the Gloom Hands in The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom, players will face a new, more formidable adversary Phantom Ganon.
- This spectral version of the main antagonist emerges from the gloom where the Gloom Hands were defeated, presenting a new challenge to overcome.
- This enemy uses a mix of long-range and close-quarters attacks, making it a versatile and unpredictable foe.
I hope you now know how to kill Gloom hands from this how to beat Gloom hands. The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom guide. Bomb arrows and Ice fruit are key. Feel free to check out our take on Tears of the Kingdom Ending and Tears Of The Kingdon Tukarok Shrine.
- Tears of the Kingdom: Jio Sin Shrine Solution
- Tears of the Kingdom: How To Cook
- Tears of the Kingdom Best Horses
- Tears of the Kingdom Beginners Guide
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍