Now you will be able to fuse different weapons in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom to create more powerful weapons with strong combos. This weapon-fusing mechanic is the newest addition and will allow the players to combine anything together, including a mushroom to a shield, and make use of a lot of possibilities. You will also be able to fuse rocks and sticks as well to create hammers ultimately. Furthermore, you will also be able to fuse food items to weapons as well to get a damage boost.
Related: Tears of the Kingdom’s best weapons
- You can now fuse weapons with different items in Tears of the Kingdom to increase their efficiency.
- To unlock the fuse ability, the players will have to first complete the in-isa shrine.
- In order to fuse a weapon, you will have to hold them in hand and then hold down the L button to fuse it with any item you interact with on the ground.
- You will be able to use the weapon fusion mechanism in crafting to make hammers and other useful items for your journey.
- You will also be able to use the fusion ability to add a damage boost by combining certain items with your gear.
- By fusing your weapons with certain precious minerals, you will be able to add magical effects and use them for spell casting.
- Weapon fusion can increase the durability of your swords and Shields.
- Other than that, you will be able to get a lot of powerful weapons, including the Blue Boss Boko axe, Boss Boko blade, and the Soldier Reaper.
- To unfuse the weapons, you will need to spend 20 credits and go to Pelison the Goron child.
- You can use the Destroy Fused Material option as well. However, it will destroy any item fused with your weapon.
How To Fuse Weapons
The Fuse Ability mechanism will allow you to fuse weapons and arrows in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom to construct powerful variants.
But before you can unlock the Tears of the Kingdom fuse ability for weapons, you will have to complete the In-Isa Shrine that you will go through during the tutorial as you progress as Link.
Completing The In-Isa Shrine
You will be able to find the shrine located in the southwestern area of the map on Great Sky Island.
However, before you can access the shrine, you will have to complete the Ukuoh Shrine as well. After that, you will be able to allow the Ultra Hand Ability and build yourself a raft.
- Now you just need to make your way to the In-Isa Shrine following the coordinates.
- The coordinates for the shrine are 0025, -1503, and 1408.
- Now you need to enter the shrine in order to gain access to the fusion ability.
- You won’t necessarily have to complete the whole shrine in order to get this ability, and as soon as you enter, they shine, and you will get the fuse skill.
- Now you just need to select it from the power wheel.
How To Use The Fuse Ability
In order to use the Tears of the Kingdom fuse ability, you will have to make sure it is in one of Link’s hands, and then you just need to press the L button.
After that, from the Ability Wheel, you need to select the Tears of the Kingdom fuse option and then interact with the item you want to fuse the weapon with.
- Make sure the item that you need to fuse your weapon with is present on the floor for your convenience.
- However, if you are looking to fuse a shield over a weapon from your inventory, then you need to access the pocket of Link first.
- After that, you need to hold down the item you want to fuse the shield or weapon with and drop it down on the floor.
If you want to unfuse any weapons you have fused currently, then you can do so easily. However, you will have to complete the Great Sky Island area first.
After that, you will be able to unfuse rare items that can be used in other instances. For that, you will be required to go to Tarrey town.
- You can access it by trekking from the Hyrule Proper location on the eastern side of the region to go to Tarrey Town or just fast-travel to it.
- One of the best fast travel spots would be the Rasitakiwak Shrine location. Fortunately, you will be able to unlock the fast travel point without having to go through the whole shrine.
- After that, you need to go to City Square and look for Pelison the Goron Child. In this way, you will be able to retrieve both of the fused items without breaking or destroying them.
- You will need to spend 20 credits to unfuse the weapons and safely retrieve the fused material. This works great for items with high value, like diamonds, in case you have fused them with weapons.
- Unfortunately, you won’t be able to use the ultra hand ability as an alternative method, but you can try the destroy fused material option.
- However, keep in mind that this will ultimately destroy any item that you have attached to your weapon. In order to use the destroy fused material option, you need to go to the menu and select the fused weapon.
- Open up your inventory and select the fused weapon with L/R. They will be marked by a bluish hue around them.
Uses Of Weapon Fusion
You will need fused weapons a lot of times throughout your gameplay. Some of the uses are mentioned below.
You will be required to use weapons and object fusions often during your exploration.
For instance, you will be able to fuse a stick with a rock and turn it into a hammer.
- This will also be very convenient as you won’t have to carry two heavier objects.
- Instead, you can fuse them into one and turn it into a useful item.
- This hammer can help you a lot in crafting.
By using this weapon fusion ability, you will be able to protect yourself against enemies by fusing two heavy weapons together. This will allow you to create a far more powerful weapon against higher-level enemies and bosses that will be otherwise difficult to defeat.
You will be able to combine two weapons with similar elements as well to increase their efficiency. Furthermore, you will also be able to fuse your shield and sword together, which will allow you to deal damage while you are protecting yourself from incoming attacks.
- You will also be able to fuse your sword into your shield to make it more deadly and push behind enemies in close combat.
- Other than that, you can make use of the weapon and material fusions to add damage points to your weapons. For this, you will have to combine your weapon with items that are normally used for potion-making, cooking, or elixir brewing.
- For instance, you will be able to make use of the Hylian Tomatoes and fuse them into your swords or spears to add damage boost.
- Furthermore, you can also make use of the Bokoblin Fangs, which will add around five additional damage points to your weapons-based damage.
- Therefore by choosing the right items, you will be able to turn your swords or other light weapons into heavy melee damage dealers thanks to the weapon fusion.
- Some fusible items will also allow you to shield yourself from incoming damage, including stun damage.
You will be able to use the fuse ability to add various effects to your weapons as well.
By adding rare minerals and fusing them onto your weapons, you will be able to get various magical effects that can add to the overall damage of your weapons as well.
- For instance, you will be able to attach rubies and other items to your weapons to get the fireball effect.
- This will allow you to hit your enemies with fireballs.
- Other than that, you will be able to combine weapons with certain items that will improve their efficiency, including the Zonai weapons.
- You will be able to boost the Zonai weapons by fusing them with an item of a Zonai nature to get powerful attacks.
To increase the durability of your weapons, you can make use of the fusion system. You can fuse weapons with similar constructs to increase their efficiency.
Through certain fusions, you will be able to increase the overall durability of your Weapons and gear.
- However, with stones, you won’t be able to get a lot of fusions as they have low fuse damage.
- But they do increase the durability of your weapons a lot, so in case you have a weapon with great damage but low durability, you can consider fusing them with these precious stones.
- This will, in turn, increase the defense and damage of your shield as well.
- Different stones have different effects on the weapons they are fused with.
- For instance, if you fuse a Topaz with your weapon, you will get electricity damage, and if you pair it with a shield, you will get electricity protection.
- Similarly, Ruby will add fire damage and Fire Protection to your Shields and allow you to shoot fireballs at your enemies.
- Sapphire will have a freezing effect and will add up cold damage to your weapons. If used with Shields, it will grant you gold protection.
To Complete Shrines
When completing shrines, you will be required to fuse items to progress further.
You will have first to use the fusion ability to complete the In-Isa shrine as well. When you first unlock the fuse ability, you will have to combine the boulder with your weapon or your shield to form a hammer.
- This will allow you to break the stone wall in front of you as well as a bunch of stone pillars nearby.
- After that, you will be able to open up a chest with arrows and add them to your inventory.
- In the latter part of the shrine, you will also be required to fuse a fire fruit with your arrow and use it on some brambles to access a platform.
- In other shrines, you will also need this fusion ability to get you through certain areas.
You will also be able to make better Shields through the fusion ability. There are a ton of combinations, but some stand out a lot as they can make your shield a lot more durable.
By fusing a shield with a shield, you will be able to increase its damage.
- Another great use of the fusion ability is to pair your Shields with time bombs or springs. These Zonai devices will allow you to use platforms in different shrines.
- They will allow you to do a shield surf as well.
- However, the Shield Surf Action with the fused shield will be much more effective as it will allow you to launch yourself in the air to go into areas with no platforms or to perform a high-air attack.
- Also, I recommend not to fuse your Shields with anything that requires activation, including shock emitters, as well as flame and frost emitters, as it will decrease the ability of your shield.
Later on, you will be required to make use of some powerful fusions against difficult areas and enemies.
There are a lot of powerful weapons that you can obtain by fusing ideal items together.
- For instance, you can make the Blue Boss Boko Axe by fusing Soldiers Broadsword with the Blue Boss Bokoblin Horn.
- You will also be able to construct the Boss Boko Blade by Combining Soldiers Claymore with Boss Bokoblin Horn.
- Another great weapon for the end game is the Soldier II Reaper, which can be constructed by combining the Soldier Construct II Horn with a Zonai Sword.
- You can also make yourself some spiked Iron Balls that are capable of dealing 15 damage to enemies.
- You will also be able to use the fusion mechanism on Gloom Weapons, which can leave a debuff on you.
- However, by using it as a fused material, it won’t have any debuff effects on you, and you will be able to make use of its high damage-dealing capabilities without draining yourself of health.
- You can even use a Wooden Stick and use Tears of the Kingdom fuse on it with the gloom weapon to negate its effects.
Summing It Up
With this, I conclude my detailed guide on how to fuse weapons and arrows in Tears of the Kingdom. While you are at it, don’t forget to check out the Archaic tunic location guide and how to get the wing tears in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. You can also read out a detailed guide on the Ganondrof and its role, along with the plot of Tears of the Kingdom so far.
- Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: All Characters
- Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom All Editions
- Games Like Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍