The Tears of the Kingdom’s Hylian shield is a very durable and easy-to-get kind of shield. Fusing it with objects and bringing out good results on the battlefield. You can do pretty much anything with the Hylian Shield, like fusing and surfing, but it is not unbreakable like you think because it breaks.
Finding The Hylian Shield
The main location for discovering the Hylian Shield is the Docks of the Hyrule Castle. Reaching there would have been a hefty task, especially in earlier stages of the game. But you have your glider with you, which will help you reach the place in no time. In order to reach the place, you will need to head to the Skyview Tower that was introduced to you by Purah. From there, you will be blasted into the sky, and you will start gliding.
Heading Toward The Docks
- Glide to the main entrance of Hyrule Castle, walk up the stairs, and enter the Sanctum.
- Move forward from the Sanctum, exit through the left opening to a lava-type pit area.
- Jump onto dry floor to avoid lava, then glide downward.
- Glide below the B2 area and locate a cave entrance.
- Land on the cave edge, go inside, but beware of long red-armed monsters.
- Caution is needed in the docks area to avoid trouble.
- The red stretchy arm monster in the area will follow you, but you can evade it by running and climbing the stairs’ wall.
- Keep moving up the stairs until you reach a gigantic torch with mini torches.
- Use your bow and arrow to shoot Fire Fruit-infused arrows at the Giant Torch to make the chest with the Hylian Shield appear.
- No complex puzzles are required; simply interact with the chest after it emerges to obtain the Hylian Shield.
- The shield outshines others in durability, as mentioned in its description.
Okay, so it has the best base defense after every other shield in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. The Hylian Shield has a base defense of 90. This statistic can be creased by fusing as well. Many different swords, like the Legendary Sword, can pair well with the shield. Fighting the monster with a combination alongside the shield will prove beneficial in battles. Survival in battles becomes longer due to the insane durability of the shield.
High durability does not mean that the Tears of the Kingdom Hylian Shield is unbreakable because it breaks too. You may ask what to do if Hylian Shield breaks. In that case, you can simply just play the game further, and just like the previous rendition of the game, you can buy it from various merchants. Till then, you can fuse your shield with various items and enjoy shield surfing on different plateaus.
So this is how you get the Hylian Shield in Zelda with each and every step; make sure to follow the prerequisite so that you have everything you need before you try and find the shield. If you are just a beginner in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom, then make sure to check out our Beginners guide over it. Do check out our list of the best horses in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom, as one of the staff writers has ranked them all.
- Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Ganondorf
- Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom All Editions
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Archaic Tunic Location
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Wing Tears
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍