The Lost Treasure in God Of War Ragnarok is a favor, also known as a side mission. Players tend to complete the side missions for rewards and adventures. These side missions have a certain way to get started, so just follow the guidelines.
How To Start The Lost Treasure
Like the previous God of War game, this one also requires you to just talk with spirits most of the time to start a certain quest. You must visit the Dragon Beach located within Svartalfheim to complete this quest. This area will require your presence for another quest, known as the Spirit of Rebellion.
This spear is used to reach the upper ground by climbing the wooden area where you will meet a spirit named the ghost of Elder Wayfarer. When you talk to this spirit, it will tell you about a treasure hunt.
This hunt was begun by the spirit alongside his son. Due to the danger in pursuing the treasure, he sought half of the treasure alone and got killed while finding it. Now, he demands that you must find the second half so you can also find out about the whereabouts of his son, kickstarting the quest.
Completing The Quest
The Lost Treasure quest in God of War Ragnarok is a bit time-consuming, so you must complete it by visiting various places and fighting off several enemies.
Visiting Alberich Hollow
You need to continue moving forward and travel via the bridge. Traveling down the bridge, you will come across a run slate that needs to be destroyed. Before this, you might also find a chest near the bridge.
As you leave the bridge, you will come to a place known as Alberich Hollow. This place will consist of a dead body possessing hacksilver, which you can collect.
Fighting Enemies At Alberich Hollow
As soon as you enter the Alberich Hollow, you will encounter some enemies. These enemies include some Bergsras and Grims, which can easily be defeated. After defeating them, move to your left where you will spot a container. Open these containers to get several bombs from them.
Using Bombs To Clear Rocks
Use one of the bombs by throwing it at the golden rocks near a chest. Then utilize another bomb to open a hollow way which is blocked by some rocks. As soon as this path clears up, you will face some enemies again.
You can use the bomb by pressing L2 for aiming and R1 for throwing. This will cause the bomb to land at the desired place, clearing the place out so you can travel further.
This mini-boss in The Lost Treasure quest of God of War Ragnarok may seem a bit small, but his quick movements might be a problem for you. The main attack of Ormstunga is to jump on you and swipe to cause you some damage. Some of the attacks carried out by this boss are:
- The primary swipe attack is carried out quite rapidly due to the ability of quick movements of the boss
- A somersault attack with heavy slashes that can be easily dodged just by moving out of the way
- He can attack by throwing his poison or some kind of acid on the ground, so watch out for that area where he throws the poison.
- Watch out for its tongue, as it may use it to block some of the attacks
- His attacks also include some of the spinning attacks, which aren’t very dangerous, but they might give you sufficient damage.
Some of the useful weapons and strategies to defeat Ormstunga are:
- The Draupnir Spear: It is a great weapon, but caution is advised as you require good aim to use it at long range. You must throw it and then detonate it to cause the boss a little damage and get stunned. You could give him damage while he is stunned.
- Blades of Chaos: This item is used to destroy the opponents in a broader, sweeping attack. But this won’t be much effective without using arrows.
Rewards For Defeating Ormstunga
Upon defeating the mini-boss in God of War Ragnarok’s lost treasure, you’ll receive the Emblem of Elusion amulet and Svefnthorn, along with a 500 XP boost for Kratos and 400 XP for Freya.
After the battle, climb the left ledge opposite Yggdrasil Rift to collect Lindwyrms. Follow the path, and if blocked by golden rocks, use bombs to clear the way.
Continue to find a legendary chest with:
- Folkvangr Whetstone
This chest was sought by a ghost. Proceed to the cliff in front, use the chain to descend to the beach, and find a boat to embark on.
How To Defeat Beigadr The Feared
Take the boat in the northern direction to reach Alberich Island. Once you dismount the boat, you must defeat some of the enemies, which is relatively easy. After moving forward, you will encounter Beigadr the Feared, which needs to be defeated to complete another favor named Fit for a King.
To avoid revisiting the same location, obtain a crucial sword for your Lost Treasure quest. Be prepared for the challenging Beigadr The Feared, understanding his deadly attack patterns.
His major attacks include:
- Swift double fist swipes—dodge and counter promptly.
- Teleportation using green smoke—remain vigilant.
- Ground shockwaves or electric orbs—evade by rolling.
- Airborne assault with four orbs—anticipate and dodge.
- Periodic ground attacks—stay cautious.
Counter effectively with these strategies:
- Utilize all available resources and change positions after attacking.
- Anticipate and move preemptively during his aerial orb assault.
- Stand your ground and use the R3 button for dedicated combat.
When you defeat them, you will obtain some enactments, such as 25x Bonded Leather, Asgard’s Might, 25x Shattered Runes, and 2x Tempered Remnants.
Meeting The Spirit’s Son
When you defeat the Beigadr, The Feared, you must move forward where you will see a hole that is passing air. Hit the Draupnir Spear right at the spot and continue the path. You will meet the spirit’s son on your way. Talk to him by simply pressing the triangle button to get a know-how of the remaining treasure.
Finding The Lost Treasure
There are a total of 2 chests in favor of the Lost Treasure. Obtaining both of them will end the quest; although the first one is easy to obtain for the second one, you will have to put in some input and resources.
Treasure Chest Box 1
You will find the first chest once you defeat Ormstunga and move on by clearing the gold rocks. You should open the chest to obtain the items inside it by pressing the ‘O’ button.
The first chest box will contain:
- Folkvangr Whetstone
- 5000 times worth of Hacksilver
Finding Chest Box 2
After conversing with the Spirit’s son, locate the second chest atop the hills. On your left, find the Soundstone and instruct Atreus to shoot a Sonic Arrow. This clears the path, revealing a rock blocking the geyser.
Execute the following strategies:
- Use the spear to throw and clear the way, detonating rocks.
- Employ the blades to ascend to the surface above.
- Continue with these tactics until you reach chains.
- Open the door with the chains and place a purple sigil on the wheel.
- Freeze the wheel by throwing your axe.
Proceed to the surface, recall your axe, and use it on the geyser. The lift will rise, providing access to the island’s other side. As the axe holds the platform, calling it back makes the lift ascend. Climb to the island’s peak, dispatch wrenches, and claim the second treasure box.
In addition, you can collect Hacksilver, which is discovered on a corpse. When you reach the treasure box, just press the circle button to open it.
You will obtain:
- Jewel of Yggdrasil
- 30 worth of Whispering Slab
- 45000 worth of Hacksilver
Ending The Lost Treasure Quest
You must return to Dragon Beach using your boat. Talk to the spirit who assigned you this favor. He will praise you, marking the completion of The Lost Treasure in God of War Ragnarok. The reward for finishing this quest is XP.
The exact amount of XP you receive for both characters is:
- Kratos +3000 XP
- Freya +750 XP
The journey toward finding the God Of War Ragnarok’s lost treasure chest is quite long and may take time to complete. The player must be ready to participate in numerous fights, including those with Ormstunga and Beigadr The Feared. Though the process is long, the rewards are worth it.
You will require the use of the Draupnir Spear a lot of times. The hunt will end at the same place that it had started. Finding treasure box one is quite easy, but for the second one, you may struggle a bit, so follow all the instructions to reach the box without wasting your time.
- God Of War Ragnarok Best Runic Attacks
- God Of War Ragnarok Best Skills
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍