V Rising is a vampire RPG video game. The game is full of various engaging activities to hook players to the game. However, the players prefer a smooth gameplay experience, as that makes the game a hundred times better. The smooth gameplay experience comes from a V Rising dedicated server. This V Rising Server Hosting guide will explain how to host your server and play multiplayer in V Rising.
Setting Up Server In V Rising
To set up V Rising server, you can either be a local host or set up a dedicated server. You can also rent the dedicated server from GPortal or through other providers. The requirements to host any kind of server for V Rising are explained below.
For V Rising Server Hosting, you need to take care of a few requirements. All these requirements are discussed below in detail, so you can make sure to fulfill them,
You can set up the server on any PC or secondary computer. The point here is not to set up the server on the same machine that you use to play the game. Use any device that has a strong internet connection. The suffering here would be other players’ internet connection.
Stunlock Studios have specified the requirements for V Rising server hosting, including a device with Windows 10, 5GB disk space, a Quad-core processor, and 16 GB Memory. A device with lower specifications will crash no matter how many hacks you try on it. You should know your machine’s specifications as well as the server’s machine IP to set up the server.
V Rising Local Server Hosting
Local server hosting means that you are setting up the game from your computer and inviting people to play using your file. It is the best option for three to four people who are always willing to play together. One person needs to have a strong internet connection. The person with a strong internet connection will be the host. V Rising Cave Passages guide will help you with all the cave passages that you can use to travel faster.
How To Set Up Server
Following are a few steps explaining how you can play solo or with friends on a local server.
- Start by clicking on “Play” and then go to “Private Game”.
- Now, you need to decide your ruleset as either PvP or PvE, set clan size caps and player caps, and tweak all the advanced server settings.
- Set a password so only those people who you invite can play on this server.
- Click “Start”, “Make Your Character”, and let it load.
Your Local server is set, and your friends can join to play. When you close a local server, the game will end. The local server will not continue without you. If the host leaves, everyone on the server will get kicked. You should also read V Rising Hats Location guide to learn how to use them.
How To Join Server
If someone else is the host and you want to join the local server, follow the following steps.
- Open the “Play” section and go to “Online Play”.
- Click on the “Find Server” field that is on the top and enter the name of the server you want to play.
- You can also directly connect to the server by using the button on the bottom of the screen, but you will need IP information from the server host.
V Rising Dedicated Server Hosting
You will get a variety of benefits by setting up your own server in V Rising. The process will be straightforward if you are familiar with setting up these dedicated servers for other games.
If you have not had the experience of doing so, we have covered all the steps in detail to make it easier for you. The guide below will cover how to set up, launch, and join your own dedicated server.
How To Set Up
You can set up a V Rising dedicated server in three different ways.
- By renting it from GPortal. (will cost you money)
- By setting up the server with SteamCMD.
- The final one is by setting it up from Steam itself.
Each method is explained below in detail.
Rent The Server From GPortal
GPortal hosts the official servers in V Rising, so if you are willing to pay to remove all this hassle, you can rent your dedicated server from them. You can rent the server from GPortal by following the given steps.
- Head to the V Rising Server Hosting page on GPortal and choose the server plan that suits you.
- The benefit here is the ease of use and high performance.
- The downside is that you need to pay for it.
If you do not want to pay for a dedicated server, then do not worry; we have listed the two methods of getting the dedicated server for free.
Set Up Server With SteamCMD
A lot of players like to use SteamCMD to host their dedicated servers for the games. Similarly, you can also use SteamCMD for V Rising Server Hosting. The following are a few steps you need to follow for this method.
- Download SteamCMD.
- The content will be in a ZIP file so that you will extract the content into a new folder.
- The new folder will be on your main drive called “streamcmd”.
- Run “steamcmd.exe” and wait for the process to complete.
- Login anonymously and press enter.
- Wait for streamCMD to log you in.
- Type ‘App_Update 1829350″ and press enter. Now, wait for the files to download.
- The process is complete; press exit.
- Go to “steamapps/common/VRisingDedicatedServer” from this folder to find your server files.
Set Up Server From Steam
You can reach the exact same point as above, but without downloading steamCMD. Follow the given steps for this method.
- Open your steam library and type in the search bar “V Rising Dedicated Server”.
- Install this server tool, as you would do for any other game.
- Right-click on this server tool and go to “Manage” and then “Browse Local Files”.
No matter which of the above-mentioned way you follow, you will end up with the V Rising Dedicated server with server files ready to b set up.
How To Join
Joining the V Rising server is an easy process, as long as you have followed the remaining steps correctly. Once the server is up and running, you can join it by following the steps given below.
- Click “Play” and then “Online Play”.
- You will see an option of “Find servers,” which will lead to “Display all Servers and Settings”.
- Here, you can type your server in the search box.
- Once you have found the server, click on “Join Game”.
- You can still join using the “Direct Connect” button if your server is not on the server list.
- This option will require the IP address of the server. You need to know your machine’s IP address to follow this option.
V Rising Server Settings
You can ignore most of the files you have downloaded for setting up the server, but a few important ones are listed below.
- First, right-click on the “start_server_example.bat” file and click Edit.
- Edit the “-servername” quote, as it will contain the server name on the server list.
- Edit the “-savename” quote, as this will be the file name, you save out of the game.
Navigate to “VRisingServer_Data/Streaming Assets/Settings” and edit the following.
- Add player names who you want to make the server’s admin in “ “.
- “ ” will have the names of players you want to ban.
- Edit the file “ ” to change various game settings within the server.
- Edit the file “ ” to change settings about the server. Make the server name and save the name similar to what you chose in the previous settings. Also, add a password if you want to allow a few players to play on your server.
A few settings that you need to make in the “” files are as follows.
“GameModeType”: Set the game mode to either PvP or PvE.
“CanLootEnemyContainers”: Set this to true to allow players to loot the containers of the enemy.
“BloodBoundEquipment”: Setting to true will allow you to keep your tools and wearables on you even after you die.
“ClanSize”: It will determine the maximum number of players in a clan.
“VSPlayerWeekdayTime” and “VSPlayerWeekendTime”: It will determine the times of day when players can attack other players.
“VSCastleWeekdayTime” and “VSCastleWeekendTime”: It will determine the times of day when players can raid other players’ castles.
“DayDurationInSeconds”: It will determine how long in seconds a full cycle of day/night lasts.
“CastleLimit”: It will determine how many Castle Hearts are available for each player to place.
“SunDamageModifier”: It dictates the amount of damage the sunlight deals to players.
“CastleDecayRateModifier”: It dictates the rate at which Castle heart decay occurs.
How To Start And Shut Down The Server
Now that the server is ready, click on “start_server_example.bat” to launch the file. A black window will appear, which means that your server is running.
To shut down the server, click anywhere in the black server window. Hit “Ctrl+C”, and you will be prompted to terminate the batch job. Press Y and hit enter to shut down the whole server.
How To Turn Private Game Into A Dedicated Server
To turn the private game into a dedicated server, you need to follow a couple of steps.
- Once the server is running, join it and create a new character. Quit the game and shut down the server.
- Delete all the auto-save folders in the location “save-data/Saves/v1/[your server’s save name]”, so all that is left in the folder is the “Sessionld.json” file.
- Type “%Appdata%\..\LocalLow\Stunlock Studios\VRising\Saves\v1” in Windows Explorer bar to access all your local V Rising saves.
- Once you have found the folder of the game, you want to turn it into a dedicated server and back up the entire folder. Copy the autosave files from here onto the location mentioned in step 2.
- Go to the location in step 3.
- Now, look for the settings option. If there are not any, you can create one and paste the two JSON files you copied.
- Once all the steps are done, start the server and join the game from where you left off in your private world. The difference is that it is a dedicated server now.
Why Set Up A Dedicated Server
There are mainly two reasons for players to prefer a dedicated server of V Rising.
First, it does not require you to play to run a server. In an ordinary multiplayer game of V Rising, the host must be playing for the server to run. The server is joinable and playable only if the host is on the server. On the contrary, a dedicated server allows other players to play the game on the server even if the host is out of the game.
The second reason is that you can run a dedicated server on one machine while playing the game on another machine. The server and game on different machines are a user-friendly option and increase the ease of playing. It also reduces the amount of work that each machine has to do. Thus, the game and server both run better. Just make sure to have the server on the machine with a better internet connection, as setting up a server requires a strong internet connection.
How To Play V Rising Offline
On the final note, if you want to play V Rising offline with players in the same household as you, follow the steps below.
- Go into Steam, and in the top left corner, you will see the option “Go Offline”.
- Run V Rising
- Select “Play” and then “Private Game”, and then check the box next to “LAN Server”.
- Start the game in the offline LAN server to play V Rising offline.
A smooth in-game experience makes the game worth playing. Similarly, smooth gameplay of V Rising is possible by V Rising Server Hosting. You can follow all the steps mentioned in the guide to set up the local server or a dedicated server for V Rising. It also has some additional server settings that make the game run smoothly. Just follow the methods and steps we have listed for you, and you will be good to set up a server.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍