- Rockstar Games is “seeking perfection” for GTA 6. The game’s launch is expected to be in fiscal year 2026.
- The Take-Two Interactive CEO Strauss Zelnick admits that the anticipation is running very high in the industry.
- We can expect the AAA title to launch somewhere around the fall of next year, but take it with a grain of salt.
As transcripted by Seeking Alpha, the Take-Two Interactive CEO Strauss Zelnick attended a conference call as part of the third quarterly earnings report and clarified that Rockstar Games is “seeking perfection” with GTA 6. The past reports have suggested that the anticipated entry is expected to come out somewhere in 2025, and the new conference call further corroborates that possibility.
We’re seeking perfection. And when we feel we’ve optimized creatively, that’s the time to release. So – and we’re all in this together. […] So you are right, there is inherent tension potentially between getting something to market and creating perfection, but this company errs on the side of perfection.”
The studio wants to ensure that GTA 6 is “optimized creatively” before it gets into the hands of excited players. The CEO also iterates to the investors that “we’re all in this together.” The publisher is trying to work in everyone’s interest while ensuring the game is ready before coming out. Strauss further admits that the anticipations for the game are much higher than the predecessor.
Our sense is that the anticipation [for GTA 6] is much higher, much, much higher. On the other hand, 195 million units [sold by GTA 5] to date is nothing to sneeze at. So we stopped well short of making predictions about how the title will do, but clearly, anticipation is running very, very high.”
- Rockstar Games Seemingly Sold Cracked Midnight Club 2 Copies On Steam.
- GTA 6 Teaser Gathers Over 117M Views In 2 Days; Breaks YouTube Records.
- Grand Theft Auto 6 Teaser Trailer Gets Remade In Minecraft
GTA 6 may launch in the fall of next year, as per the release window. But, it is best to expect potential delays since “seeking perfection” could suggest the game still needs time before finally releasing worldwide.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍