- GTA 6 could be tagged with a staggering $150 price point, as noted in a new rumor that is spreading like wildfire around the web. The rumor emerges from a report by Niche Gamer.
- The rumor holds no major credibility and lacks a lot of evidence behind it. The source of the rumor where the info is derived from is unclear, and the details are also quite vague in nature.
- It is currently unclear whether the base version of the title will cost that expensive or it’s a premium collector’s edition. Regardless, the rumor should be taken with a massive pinch of salt.
- Take-Two Interactive or Rockstar Games have not clarified the viral rumor so far. Other gossips have said that the title could feature Joe Rogan’s podcasts in GTA 6, and the title may launch late next year.
Rockstar Games is pouring its resources into the next big chef-d’oeuvre in the GTA series, and many eyes are on it. However, a new rumor has sparked a lot of fuss in the industry. It seems like GTA 6 could drain our pockets out of a staggering $150. The info springs from a report by Niche Gamer that has abruptly started spreading like wildfire around the web. It has worried many users, but the rumor seems to hold no major credibility.
It is unlikely that Rockstar Games would fall down to such tactics. It is quite unorthodox for a giant conglomerate to launch a game that is double the price of the most expensive AAA titles in the industry at the time. Although it is feasible that Take-Two or Rockstar Games have noticed the huge sums of cash to be made via the GTA series by now and seek to take advantage of the chance. In the end, it is a possibility but highly unlikely.
this is a trick to make you all feel better when it launches at $90
screenshot this https://t.co/RCjp0nv8BH
— 🥉 Pipkin Pippa 🔌🐰 Phase-Connect (@pipkinpippa) September 5, 2023
Additionally, there are many caveats in the report that are worth discussing. First of all, the rumor does not link to the source it claims the info is derived from, which raised the eyebrows of many gamers. It is also quite vague in nature; the report does not specify whether the base version of GTA 6 will cost $150 or the premium bundle. It would make sense for a collector’s edition to cost a pretty penny — after all, most entries already use this tactic.
- Rockstar Games Shifts Red Dead Online Resources To Focus On GTA VI.
- GTA V Tops 185 Million Copies Sold Globally, GTA Franchise Now AT 405 Million Lifetime Sales.
- Take-Two Anticipates A Significant Revenue Increase Next Year, Hinting At A GTA 6 Release Window.
All in all, the publisher and Rockstar Games have not clarified anything about the pricing of the game so far. So, it should be taken with a massive grain of salt until we hear any official confirmation about it. Naturally, all rumors regarding the upcoming project should be accepted with a lot of skepticism.
GTA 6 is among the most awaited titles in recent years, with fans hoping to visit the Vice City through a modern lens. But the crude rumor has thrown a wrench in the spirit of the fans. It is best not to worry about the talk about the game circulating among users until the devs tune in with an answer.
As per the recent rumors, GTA 6 is slated to launch next year or sometime in early 2025 on PC and current-gen consoles. It will likely skip last-gen consoles to ensure no compromises are made on quality and features. Regardless, Rockstar Games has yet to confirm a release date but has hinted about a release window in an official document. A trailer is also expected to drop for the game in the span of a few months before the year ends.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍