- A collective effort by Round8 Studio and Neowiz Games, Lies of P is a brand-new Soulslike.
- The game has received a new patch in recent times, bringing new features and balance changes.
- Apart from that, the official Lies of P soundtrack has been released to the masses as well.
Many refer to Lies of P as a Bloodborne clone, but those who’ve truly played the game realize how Neowiz Games’ take on making Pinnochio return to the big screen in this grueling fashion is a novel piece of work. As the developer continues to support the game post-launch, a new update for the Soulslike has been rolled out, touching upon many of the game’s fundamentals and adding new content as well.
“We extend our heartfelt appreciation for the overwhelming support you have shown us since our last Director’s Letter,” reads the opening sequence of the blog post. The developers Neowiz Games and Round8 Studio have put together a cohesive new update for the game in the wake of getting recognized by The Game Awards 2023, a ceremony that has nominated Lies of P in not one but two different sections.
One of the most prominent enhancements made to the Soulslike pertains to lessening the overall difficulty so as to make the experience more welcoming for everyone. However, this isn’t the first time anything of the sort has taken place—much to the disapproval of a certain group of players. Another update in the past emphasized decreasing the game’s difficulty.
In terms of adding more, the Lies of P patch v.18.104.22.168 brings a multitude of new features. In the “Hair” menu during customization, it’s now been made available that the player can wear both “Mask” and “Accessory” at the same time. Oh, and it’s also possible to change the size of the subtitles in the title now, not that many were gunning for the implementation of this feature anyway.
Here are some of the other changes making the cut in the latest Lies of P update.
- Alchemist’s Hat
- Treasure Hunter’s Mask
- Treasure Hunter’s Hunting Apparel
- Illusory Emerald Glasses
- Increased the damage of some weapons.
- Increased some weapons to trigger stance breaks to monsters more frequently.
- Fixed a bug in which the Guard Regain would not reset after performing a successful counter-attack with the weapon ‘Two Dragons Sword’s charge attack.
- Fixed a bug in which arrows fired from traps could not be guarded.
- Fixed a bug in which the ‘Monnphase Pocket Watch’ could be used during boss fights.
Other Content to Check Out:
- Lies of P All Bosses In Order [Chapter, Strategy, And Rewards]
- Lies of P: An Expert’s Take On The BEST Amulets [Top 6]
- Lies Of P Will Get DLC, Developer Confirms
On a side note, Lies of P has been selling well commercially thus far. The game, despite being released in September, has sold 1 million copies to date and has a sequel already green-lit for itself, along with an upcoming DLC. The latter’s premise is already hinted at by the game’s post-credits scene, so you pretty much know where we’re headed if you beat the game.
The action-adventure was released on September 18, 2023, for the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. If you’re a new player just trying to survive Krat and get through to the end of the day, here’s a guide on the best Lies of P builds to get you going on the right path. Oh, and these best weapon combinations in the game should keep you going splendidly moving forward.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍