- Take-Two Interactive’s latest earnings report reveals that Red Dead Redemption 2 sold over 57 million units globally while GTA 5 sold 190 million units.
- In the last quarter, GTA 5 saw a five million sales increase while Red Dead Redemption 2 saw a
- ++two million increase in sales.
- Total franchise sales for GTA are 410 million and 81 million for Red Dead Redemption.
In Take-Two Interactive’s latest earnings report, CEO Strauss Zelnick highlighted the achievements of Rockstar Games’ titles in the past quarter. GTA 5 achieved an additional five million sales in the last quarter, reaching a lifetime total of 190 million units sold. Red Dead Redemption 2 also saw an increase of two million sales, bringing its total to 57 million units sold.
More details in the report include how the GTA franchise pioneered the open-world genre and has also achieved remarkable sales of over 410 million units. GTA 5’s release across three console generations and its achievement of reaching $1 billion in retail sales solidify its position as the best-selling game of the past decade in the U.S. In addition, Grand Theft Auto Online provides an immersive experience that is included for free in GTA 5.
Similarly, the Red Dead Redemption franchise sold over 81 million units worldwide. Red Dead Redemption 2 is the second best-selling title in the US based on dollar sales in the past 5 years. The inclusion of Red Dead Online for free with every copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 and the release of Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare for Switch and PS4 in August 2023 has extended the franchise’s reach to new platforms.
- GTA 6 Possibly Hit With A Small Internal Delay, Earnings Call Hints
- Red Dead Redemption Patch 1.03 Adds Long-Awaited 60 FPS Mode On PS5 Only
- Take-Two Anticipates A Significant Revenue Increase Next Year, Hinting At A GTA 6 Release Window
Both franchises have done quite well to reach this big milestone. Not to mention that the overall sales of GTA 5 increase the anticipation surrounding GTA 6 as Rockstar has confirmed that the trailer will drop in early December. While there’s no update on Red Dead 3, it will be interesting to see how the next entries in both franchises perform in a couple of years.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍