- Capcom’s SF6 has become the top-selling game on Steam in Japan, likely because of the hype around the recent CR Cup event.
- The game surpassed Cyberpunk 2077 and its new DLC. Capcom also overshadows the top best-selling game chart on Steam in Japan, with almost half its titles on the list.
- It came out on June 2, 2023, for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, Arcade game, and PC.
Street Fighter 6 has proven to be a staggering success in almost all facets since it came out months ago. But the entry continues to soar in sales globally, especially in Japan. As pointed out by @HiFightTH on Twitter, Capcom’s latest endeavor has now climbed its way to become the top-selling game on Steam in Japan. The main reason behind this is likely the hype around the recent CR Cup event.
Street Fighter 6 is at the top of the list, surpassing the highly prominent Cyberpunk 2077 and its DLC. It is worth noting that Capcom is eclipsing the top 20 best-selling games with its entries on the Japanese chart. Almost half the entries on the list are developed and published by the giant conglomerate. From Monster Hunter to Resident Evil, the users have pointed out how the studio is leading the charge amidst some Western giants.
- Street Fighter 6 To Contest The Largest Fighting Game Tournament Ever At EVO 2023.
- Here’s What’s Wrong With Street Fighter 6 After 100 Hours.
- Sorry Link, But Street Fighter 6 Is My Game of The Year.
It is a monumental occasion for Capcom because fighting games often fall off the top ten sales charts after a few months, besides a few franchises in the industry. Street Fighter 6 has already hit massive milestones after launching; it surpassed the peak concurrent player counts of all major fighting games in the genre. In other words, it exceeded every Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and Street Fighter game in peak concurrent users on Steam.
It has previously shifted over two million copies since its launch. Now, SF6 has gained another boost in sales because of the recent Crazy Racoon Cup event.
The CR Cup event is a series of online game tournaments with different games like Apex Legends, Street Fighter 6, and many others. The event is organized by Crazy Raccoon, a popular Japanese eSports team, and different brands will sponsor the tournaments. huge prize pools ranging from ¥1,500,000 to ¥3,000,000 are expected by the community.
It was held on June 25 and again as part of the Tokyo Game Show and showed SF6 in all its glory. The show is renowned worldwide because it attracts many popular streamers, VTubers, and even celebrities to participate. SF6 is also anticipated to be a major part of the next event. It could take place between October and November 2023, based on previous schedules.
Street Fighter 6 was released on June 2, 2023, for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, Arcade game, and PC.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍