- Sony Group Corporation and SIE have announced that Jim Ryan, SIE President and CEO, is retiring in Spring 2024 after almost three decades of service.
- Hiroki Totoki-san, Sony Group President, COO, and CFO will assume the role of Chairman of SIE and Interim CEO to assist Ryan in his transition.
- Ryan joined the company’s Europe-based entity back in 1994 and has held several senior-ranking positions ever since.
Jim Ryan, the current President and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment, has decided to retire in March 2024. Sony Interactive Entertainment shared a press release to show its new management structure, revealing Ryan’s retirement after almost three decades and the subsequent decision to place an Interim CEO, assisting him in this transition.
This role will be filled by Hiroki Totoki-san of the Sony Group Corporation, who is currently its President, COO, and CFO. Effective October 2023, Totoki-san will assume the mantle of Chairman of SIE, followed by his appointment as an Interim CEO. The latter is effective from April 1, 2024, following the retirement of Ryan, while Totoki-san continues his current duties in addition to searching for Ryan’s successor.
After 30 years, I have made the decision to retire from SIE in March 2024. I’ve relished the opportunity to have a job I love in a very special company, working with great people and incredible partners. But I’ve found it increasingly difficult to reconcile living in Europe and working in North America. I will leave having been privileged to work on products that have touched millions of lives across the world; PlayStation will always be part of my life, and I feel more optimistic than ever about the future of SIE. I want to thank Yoshida-san for placing so much trust in me and being an incredibly sensitive and supportive leader.”
Kenichiro Yoshida-san praised Jim Ryan and his efforts during his tenure at Sony. In particular, he highlighted Ryan’s involvement in overseeing the launch of PlayStation 5 amid the global COVID pandemic. He states, “We aim to achieve Sony Group’s further evolution and growth through bringing even greater success to the Game & Network Services Business.”
- Jim Ryan Shows Enthusiasm For Marvel’s Spider-Man 2; Doubles Down On Supporting PC Ports
- Jim Ryan: $3.6B Bungie Deal “Can Give Us Way More” Than $69B Activision Buyout
- PlayStation 5 Supply Chain Issues Resolved In Asia, Says Jim Ryan
Ryan joined Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe, then known as Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, in 1994. He has since held several senior-ranking positions at the company including Head of Global Sales & Marketing and Deputy President, before being appointed as SIE President and CEO.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍