- The upcoming Nintendo console will seemingly have power closer to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles instead of the current-gen consoles. It was revealed in redacted leaked emails with Activision.
- Reports suggest that Switch 2 was shown behind closed doors during Gamescom. It was allegedly able to run the Matrix tech demo created for PS5 and Xbox Series family consoles without issues.
- The next Nintendo console may also solve the dreaded Joy-Con stick drift issues plaguing the current Switch models using the Hall Effect joysticks. We suggest taking the rumors with a grain of salt.
Many rumors have lingered around the next-gen Nintendo console, and a major one has just now joined the fray. The next Nintendo console — rumored to be the Switch 2 — appears to be closer to the last-gen of consoles instead of the current-gen. The leaked content emerges from a redacted Activision email between the company’s CEO, Bobby Kotick, and other notable executives.
To elaborate, the email reveals that Activision met with Nintendo in December 2022 to discuss the company’s upcoming console. It mentions that the Switch 2 console — dubbed Switch NG for next-gen in the email — will allegedly have power closer to the Gen 8 of consoles. We can expect the awaited Nintendo console to run closer to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles.
Given the closer alignment to Gen8 platforms in terms of performance and our previous offerings on PS4 / Xbox One, it is reasonable to assume we could make something compelling for the NG Switch as well. It would be helpful to secure early access to development hardware prototypes and prove that out nice and early,” mentions the document.
- Nintendo Switch Rolls Over 129.53 Million Units; Tears Of The Kingdom Sells 18.51 Million Copies.
- The Nintendo Switch Has Now Shipped 994 Million Games Since 2017.
- Lenovo’s Legion Go Leaked Images Show A Hybrid of The Nintendo Switch And Steam Deck.
It is worth noting that the Switch 2 was supposedly shown behind closed curtains in the recent Gamescom 2023 event. VGC reported that it was able to run the remarkable Matrix Tech demo without a hassle. The tech demo was originally launched to show the power of PlayStation 5 and the Xbox Series family consoles. However, the Switch 2 seemed to have no hard time with it, as per VGC’s sources.
Nintendo knows how to make the best of its hardware; it is unlikely that the next Switch will be held back amidst the competition in the handheld market. Additionally, it may also have finally mended the dreaded Joy-Con stick drift issues currently afflicting all the models of the Switch console. One patent suggests it may use the Hall Effect joysticks that use magnetism to avoid physical wear and tear with the current ones.
Despite all the credibility, we suggest taking the rumors with a massive pinch of salt. Nintendo has not officially confirmed that the upcoming Switch 2 portables will be closer to PS4 and Xbox One consoles.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍