The Zhentarim Hideout, or basement, is one of the most important locations in BG3, as it is a part of several quests. You will also be able to obtain several items and access Underdark in the Baldur’s Gate 3 Zhentarim hideout location. Furthermore, you will be able to complete the Rescue The Grand Duke and Rescue The Trapped Man quest in the area.
What Is The Zhentarim Hideout In Baldur’s Gate 3
Zhentarim Hideout is a secret area in Baldur’s Gate 3, where players must enter a password obtained from travelers to gain access to Waukeen’s Rest, located on Risen Road.
One of the strongholds that had great significance in the previous Baldur’s Gate series as well, the Zhentarim hideout is a hidden location that you won’t be able to access through your map.
|Zhentarim Hideout||X:-64 and Y: 567.||Oskar, Zarys and Salazon||Trading, Side Quests and Traveling to Underdark||Giantbreaker, The Jolty Vest andInfernal Iron||Brem|
Zhentarim Hideout Location
The coordinates for Baldur’s Gate 3 Zhentarim Hideout location are X:-64 and Y: 567. It is located behind The Waukeen’s Rest, found in the Risen Road area.
Make sure to go towards the northern direction to reach the Waukeen’s Rest and find the hideout.
- When you are traveling to the Waukeen’s rest, you will come across a cave where there will be some travelers hanging out. They are called Olly and Rugen.
- They are actually hiding from the gnolls and hyenas in the area, and additionally, you will also come across a lot of Skill Checks in that area, so I highly recommend saving the game at this point.
- Now, you need to gain the trust of the Zhentarim faction people, and to do that; you have to save both of these travelers.
- After you manage to get them out successfully, you will get the password that will allow you to access Baldur’s Gate 3 Zhentarim hideout, after which the icon for the location will appear on your map as well.
The coordinates for the entrance to the hideout are X: -114, Y: 614. You will come across a very rough-looking door when you follow the coordinates and will also pass a lot of Skill checks.
There are a couple of boxes that you need to get out of the way before entering, and after that, you will get to talk to Salazon here. You need to use the Detect Thoughts mechanism on Salazon to uncover the password for the door.
- As soon as you do so, he will give you the keys, and you will be able to open a hatch and go into the cellar.
- Follow the coordinates X: 382 and Y: -260 to reach a wardrobe.f
- You will also have to steal some valuables from the people in the hideout, but you have to avoid getting caught, or they will turn hostile towards you.
Activities At The Zhentarim Hideout
Below is a list of activities that you will be able to do in the Zhentarim hideout, including trading and completing important quests. Additionally, you will also be able to access Underdark from a hidden entrance in the Zhentarim basement in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Trading With Brem
The first activity that I will recommend you complete is trading with an NPC in the Zhentarim hideout called Brem.
He has a rare collection of wares, but the only problem is that it is quite limited.
- Therefore, you will have to complete a quest called Find The Missing Shipment that will expand the inventory of Brem.
- Also, you will be able to buy a lot more items, including rare weapons and gear.
- In order to do that, you will have to locate the shipment first and make sure not to open it when delivering it to Brem.
Find The Missing Shipment
It is one of the most important side quests that you will be able to complete in Baldur’s Gate 3 Zhentarim hideout.
After starting the side quest, the players will have to go towards the northern side of the map and cross the stone bridge.
- Soon, they will come across the missing shipment, but you will have to fight some enemies along the way. After the fight is over, the player would have to interact with survivors who are meant to deliver the shipment.
- Here, you will be able to make your choice where you will be able to either rob the shipment or sell it.
- Instead of robbing, I would recommend delivering the shipment yourself or having Rugan deliver it; otherwise, the Zhentarim people will turn hostile toward you.
Items From Brem
Below is the list of all the items that you will be able to obtain from Brem, including the basic items as well as the expanded inventory that you can unlock by completing the finding the missing shipment sidequest.
- Following is a list of items found in Brem’s basic inventory on the first visit:
|WARES||PRICE IN GOLD|
|Trap Disarm Toolkit||99|
|Oil Of Accuracy||26|
|Bloody Plum Dye||32|
|Black And Jade Green Dye||48|
|Pink And Leaf Green Dye||80|
- Following is the list of expanded items from Brem upon completing the missing shipment quest:
|WARES||PRICE IN GOLD|
|Wizard Bane Oil||52|
|Ring Mail Armor||260|
|Gloves Of Thievery||78|
|Gloves Of Hail Of Thorns||117|
|Potion Of Invisibility||170|
|Titan String Bow||403|
|The Jolty Vest||663|
|White Scarlet Dye||16|
|Lime, Lemon, And Leech Dye||24|
|Black And Furnace Dye||24|
|Pale Pink Dye||48|
Free The Artist Side Quest
Another important side quest that you will be able to complete when exploring the Zhentarim hideout is the free artist side quest. You will be able to interact with many NPCs in the area.
The first step in the quest is to free Oskar, and you will be able to do it by using diplomacy. In order to free him, all you have to do is interact with Brem and pay 1000 coins for his freedom.
Also, you will be able to negotiate with him and bring the price down to 600 coins. However, it is still a lot of money, and you will have to use other options to free Oskar.
- If you have good persuasion and intimidation stats, you will be able to free Oskar without paying any money to Brem.
- Other than that, you can use the option of killing all the Zhentarim people, including Brem, to set him free.
- As soon as he is free, you will be able to interact with him, and he will ask for an additional 200 gold.
There are a lot of other activities that you will be able to complete in the Zhentarim hideout, including exploring the area for treasure chests. However, remember that these treasure chests can explode if you don’t disable the traps.
The Underdark Secret Entrance
Another secret of the Baldur’s Gate 3 Zhentarim hideout is the hidden entrance from where you will be able to access Underdark. To get to the entrance, you will have to follow the coordinates X: 270 and Y: -186.
Here, you will be able to come across a false wall. Make sure that your party has a perception check if you want to identify the false wall.
- Access an elevator through a hidden wall leading to the Underdark.
- To make it work, you must find a key, either by pickpocketing a guard in Karad or by potentially turning people hostile if you kill the guard.
- Obtaining the key grants access to the elevator and the Underdark.
- Use the elevator discreetly to avoid turning people hostile and unlock a fast travel point.
My Experience Going Through The Zhentarim Hideout
In my first playthrough that’s currently gone over 60 hours of BG3, I was still figuring things out about the mechanics. Without realizing it, I accidentally triggered all the Zhentarim Hideout quests very early on. I spectacularly fumbled the “Find the Hidden Shipment” quest by spawning more Gnolls, letting the two defenders die, as well as having to cheese the Gnolls through the secret entrance of the cave.
I was able to get on the good side of most of the people in the hideout because I did not open the chest. I personally think it is one of the simpler ways to get into the Underdark.
With that, I conclude my detailed guide on the Zhentarim hideout location in Baldur’s Gate 3 and all the activities that you will be able to complete in the secret area, as well as accessing Underdark.
- BG3: How To Get All Ceremonial Weapons
- BG3: Where To Find Sword Of Justice
- BG3: The BEST Hand Crossbows
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍