Amidst the realm of Baldur’s Gate 3, where Clerics stand preeminent, the burning question arises: What feats are the best choices for these divine healers, equally adept as tanky frontlines? With Baldur’s Gate 3 offering an array of class and subclass options, selecting the best Cleric feats can be complex.
Best Feats For Cleric In Baldur’s Gate 3
Here’s an overview of the best Cleric feats in Baldur’s Gate 3, alongside their descriptions:
|Ability Improvement||You increase one Ability by 2, or two abilities by 1, to a maximum of 20.|
|Medium Armor Master||When you wear Medium Armor, it doesn't impose Disadvantage on Stealth Checks. The bonus to Armor Class you gain from your Dexterity Modifier also becomes +3 instead of +2.|
|Mobile||You move faster through tough areas while dashing and avoid Opportunity Attacks after attacking in melee.|
|Sharpshooter||Ranged weapon attacks ignore High Ground penalties. Proficient attacks have -5 to Attack Roll, but deal +10 damage.|
|Spell Sniper||You learn a cantrip, and the number you need to roll a Critical Hit while attacking is reduced by 1. This effect can stack.|
|War Caster||You gain Advantage on Saving Throws to maintain Concentration on a spell. You can also use a reaction to cast Shocking Grasp at a target moving out of melee range.|
|Shield Master||While holding a shield, +2 to Dexterity Saving Throws. React to spells with shield, reducing damage if fail, no damage if succeed.|
Feats are like unique character superpowers in Baldur’s Gate 3, giving you extra abilities beyond your primary class skills. Many feats can rival the best skills in BG3 if chosen correctly.
- They unlock at levels 4, 8, and 12, alongside the chance to boost your essential stats.
- If you’re feeling fancy, you can swap feats to mix things up.
- You can only grab each feat once. Although, there’s a sneaky exception or two if you read the fine print.
- For instance, you can choose Elemental Adept more than once as long as you switch up the type of damage you’re into.
But there’s a catch: feats are picky and won’t unlock unless you meet their requirements. You must ensure you have the mentioned special requirements to get the feat. And if you ever lose that special something, you’ll have to regain it before your feat gets back in action.
Understanding The Role Of ClericsIn Baldur’s Gate 3, Cleric is a special class. They’re good at using their Wisdom, and they’re great at clearing saving throws with their Wisdom and Charisma attributes.
There are seven different subclasses available for Clerics during character creation:
Each of these subclasses has different starting spells, features, and cantrips. They all have diverse proficiencies, so you better be careful while choosing the feats according to your Cleric’s subclass.
You might be aware of the Clerics class from one of the best companions in BG3, Shadowheart, who is a trickery domain, Cleric. Although Clerics already have some good attributes and abilities, you cannot fully maximize their use without picking the best feat for Clerics in Baldur’s Gate 3. Here are a few suggestions to help you get started.
1. Ability ImprovementIn Baldur’s Gate 3, the ability improvement feat awaits adventurers that allows a substantial boost to their character’s abilities. This feat provides a generous increase of 2 points that can be allocated at the player’s discretion among a range of crucial attributes: Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Charisma, and Wisdom.
Description: You increase one Ability by 2 or two abilities by 1 to a maximum of 20.
- The enhancement empowers players to tailor their character’s strengths to suit their preferred playstyle.
- Your Ability Scores decide if you succeed in different tasks, and failing by just a bit feels bad.
- The Ability Improvement feat lets you add 2 points to any of your Abilities. It’s not just about doing better on checks.
- If you raise your Wisdom, you’ll be better at noticing things and understanding people’s intentions.
- It’ll also make your Wisdom-based spells stronger.
- Try boosting your main Abilities first to improve your character in many ways.
The Ability Improvement feat is the best feat for all classes, not just Clerics, since every class in Baldur’s Gate 3 is affected by attributes. I recommend choosing this feat no matter what domain Cleric you choose since it is just that useful. Also, if you are unsure about what feat is best for Clerics, then do not hesitate to pick the Ability Improvement feat in BG3.
Since Wisdom is the main attribute for most Clerics, it is recommended to put both your points in the Wisdom attribute.
2. Medium Armor MasterNormally, the medium armors in BG3 impose a disadvantage on stealth checks when equipped, which can hurt in certain situations where you want to sneak around. Unless you have one of the best armor in Baldur’s Gate 3 sets that doesn’t impose such a disadvantage, you are in for a really hard time.
Description: When you wear Medium Armour, it doesn’t impose a disadvantage on Stealth Checks. The bonus to Armour Class you can gain from your Dexterity Modifier also becomes +3 instead of +2. But there is a way to bypass this stealth check, and that is by choosing the Medium Armour Master feat.
- When you put on Medium Armor, you won’t be getting any disadvantage from your armor set.
- Additionally, if your Dexterity Modifier helps your Armor Class, it will be even better by +3 instead of +2.
- The feat is really useful on Clerics since, most of the time, your Cleric will be equipping a medium armor along with a shield.
If your Cleric is more focused on the dexterity attribute, maybe from the War domain, then the Medium Armor Master feat is the best for your Cleric in Baldur’s Gate 3. Not only will it help in stealth checks, but your Armour Class will also increase by 1 for free, which can be a game-changer in some fights, especially if you are in a pinch.
3. MobileThe best feat for a melee Cleric is the Mobile feat in Baldur’s Gate 3. Melee fighters often struggle with faraway enemies. Those who shoot from a distance are usually up high while you’re trying to figure out how to reach them with your sword.
Description: Your movement speed increases and difficult terrain doesn’t slow you down when you Dash. If you move after making a melee attack, you don’t provoke Opportunity Attacks from your target.
Just as the name suggests, the Mobile feat is great for acquiring some mobility in the battlegrounds.
- The Mobile feat is a great way to get rid of some disadvantages in many fights.
- And it gives you some advantages in some too.
- When you dash, you can move through tough areas without any problems.
- So, if someone’s throwing spells from the other side of a pond, you can quickly reach them without any trouble.
- And after you attack up close, if you move that turn, enemies won’t be able to use opportunity attack on you.
Whether you want to escape from a pinch situation as a healer Cleric or want to jump on the enemy backline to take out their casters, the Mobile feat is one of the best choices for Clerics in BG3. Not only do you get some extra movement, but also some defense in a way.
4. SharpshooterIf you are aiming for a backline Cleric whose main job is to heal your party or a ranger Cleric who targets spells from a distance, then the Sharpshooter feat is the best feat for you in BG3.
Description: Your ranged weapon attacks do not receive penalties from High Ground Rules. Ranged weapon attacks with weapons you are Proficient with have a -5 penalty to their Attack Roll but deal an additional 10 damage. The best feat for ranged characters in Baldur’s Gate 3 is the Sharpshooter feat.
- Your faraway attacks won’t be affected by things that provide partial cover.
- The High Ground rules don’t impose a disadvantage.
- This means that you can attack from the same height as your opponent or even be below him and not get any disadvantage.
- You can make your ranged attacks less accurate by 5 points, but in return, you’ll do 10 points more damage.
The accuracy setback can be covered with some of the best items in BG3 or some good spell choices, so it isn’t that big of a deal. At the same time, the advantage of 10 more attack points is a very big deal.
For folks who like attacking from a distance, which is seriously strong, almost overpowered. You can deal more damage and be so far away that enemies can’t hit you back easily, and even if they try to hide behind something, it won’t help much. The only time this might not be the best is when you’re fighting in a tiny space, like against a big boss.
5. Spell SniperA free cantrip that can deal the finishing blow to enemies or heal your party in dire situations is all that you need in the treacherous world of BG3. Choosing the Spell Sniper feat will give you just that, making it one of the best feats for Cleric in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Description: You learn a cantrip and the number you need to roll a Critical Hit while attacking with a spell is reduced by 1. The effect can stack.
The choice for the cantrip is as follows:
- Bone Chill
- Eldritch Blast
- Fire Bolt
- Ray of Frost
- Shocking Grasp
- Thorn Whip
If you don’t already have Eldritch Blast in your arsenal of spells, it is highly recommended to choose it.
- The Eldritch Blast is a really powerful spell that can deal disastrous damage to 1-3 enemies at once.
- It is a must-have for clerics since they don’t usually have a strong damaging spell.
Apart from the cantrip, the Spell Sniper feat also reduces the number you need to roll on a dice for a critical hit by once. This cool ability adds more options and power to your spellcaster, which improves your chances of hitting a critical blow to your enemies and increases your damage output.
6. War CasterWar Caster is one of the best Cleric feats in Baldur’s Gate 3. It can make up for not having a high Dexterity of 18. And it’s a really good choice because it gives you a special advantage when you need to focus on something (Concentration checks).
Description: You gain an Advantage on Saving Throws to maintain Concentration on a spell. You can also use a reaction to cast Shocking Grasp at a target moving out of melee range.
For Clerics who often need to concentrate during battles, which is super helpful.
- While in a fight, you will have the upper hand in maintaining your concentration spells.
- Which can decide the fate of the battle since many concentration spells provide huge buffs.
- War Caster also lets you cast Shocking Grasp as a reaction spell, so you can deal damage from enemies trying to run away.
The War Caster feat is a must-have for Clerics aiming to be spell casters. You won’t need this feat as much if you already have high dexterity, but choosing the War Caster feat would always ensure your concentration spells last.
7. Shield MasterWhile many players prefer attacking in fights, having a shield can be helpful, too. The tanky characters can use it to protect the group, and even spellcasters like Clerics can hold a shield and still cast spells with their free hand.
Description: You gain a +2 bonus to Dexterity Saving Throws while wielding a shield. If a spell forces you to make a Dexterity Saving Throw, you can use a reaction to shield yourself and diminish the effect’s damage. On a failed Saving Throw, you only take half of the damage. On a successful Saving Throw, you don’t take any damage.
The Shield Master feat is super useful against spells that hurt a whole area.
- Normally, you’d have to make a saving throw to take only half the damage.
- But with the Shield Master feat and a trusty shield, if you do well on the throw, you don’t get hurt at all (or just a little if you don’t do so well).
- This means even big spells like Fireballs aren’t such a big problem anymore.
In the world of Baldur’s Gate 3, selecting the right feats can greatly enhance your character’s abilities and open up new avenues of strategy. With these feats at your disposal, you can shape your character’s strengths, making them a force to be reckoned with in the treacherous lands of Baldur’s Gate 3.
Moreover, consider the option to befriend an Owlbear Cub in Baldur’s Gate or you might opt to team up with Halsin, one of the finest companions in BG3 who possesses the ability to shape-shift into a bear. If you’re wondering about the Baldur’s Gate 3 max level achievable in Baldur’s Gate 3 or pondering the usability of a rope, your curiosity will find answers. This concludes the guide on the best Cleric feats Baldur’s Gate 3.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍