If you’ve decided to go for the sorcerer class, then the question that must be on your mind is which of the subclasses for the sorcerer is the best one. The Sorcerer has three subclasses in total, and each of the subclasses can influence your hit points, damage resistance, and more. Therefore, one must know about BG3 BEST Sorcerer Subclass before progressing ahead.
- The three subclasses available for the Sorcerer are
- Wild Magic
- Draconic Bloodline
- Storm Sorcery
- The Wild Magic subclass is rather the most unpredictable subclass thanks to its Tides of Chaos feature, which makes using this subclass more of a risky gamble.
- The Draconic Bloodline subclass is the easiest one to use, as it gives the players a ton of room for error. Making it perfect for new players and worthy of the BG3 BEST Sorcerer Subclass title.
- The Storm Sorcery subclass is the trickiest subclass and can be considered the weakest one out of the three.
BG3 BEST Sorcerer Subclass
I have prepared this table to list all the subclasses and the features they offer:
|Wild Magic||-Tides of Chaos: Gives you an advantage on your next Ability Check, Attack Role, or Saving Throw, while also increasing the chances of Wild Magic Surge.|
-Wild Magic: Whenever you cast a spell, there will be a chance that the magic will misfire and cause a random effect.
|Draconic Bloodlines||-Draconic Resilience Hit Point: Increases your Hit Point maximum by 1 for each Sorcerer level. |
-Draconic Resilience Armour Class: Covers the parts of your body where you are not wearing armor with Dragon-like scales, thus, increasing your Base armor class by 13.
|Storm Sorcery||-Tempestuous Magic: Allows you to fly as a bonus action until the end of your turn without receiving Opportunity Attacks after using a Level 1 or higher spell.|
Each of these subclasses offers its own sets of advantages and perks. Aside from the Sorcerer, most classes also offer three subclasses except for a certain few, but that is beside the point. Now let us get into the ranking of all the different subclasses for the Sorcerer in Baldur’s Gate 3.
3. Storm SorceryJust because the Storm Sorcery subclass is at number 3 doesn’t necessarily mean that it is bad by any means. It is recommended for this subclass to stay out of the melee range at all times and keep their distance.
The Storm Sorcery specializes in Wind magic. One of the reasons why this subclass is at number 3 is because it is the trickiest one to use properly when compared to the other two. The Storm Sorcery subclass has a Hit Dice of 1d6, and its starting feature is Tempestuous Magic.
The Tempestuous Magic is what’s unique about the Storm Sorcery subclass, as it allows you to fly as a bonus action until the end of your turn without receiving Opportunity Attacks after using a Level 1 or higher spell.
2. Wild MagicThe Wild Magic subclass is a rather interesting one, as it can be the best or the worst BG3 Sorcerer subclass for you, depending on your playstyle. This is a subclass that is rather unpredictable, but that’s what makes it fun in my eyes.
The starting features that make this subclass unique are the
- Tides of Chaos
- Wild Magic
The Tides of Chaos feature gives you an advantage on your next Ability Check, Attack Role, or Saving Throw. It even increases the chances of Wild Magic Surge, which makes it more of a risky gamble. But fortune favors the bold. Do keep in mind that the odds are mostly in your favor thanks to the Tides Of Chaos feature, but even then, anything can happen, which makes it rather interesting.
Aside from the Tides Of Chaos, the Wild Magic subclass also offers the Wild Magic feature, which is, again, a risky gamble. Whenever you cast a spell, there will be a chance that the magic will misfire and cause a random effect, thanks to the Wild Magic feature. Therefore, I will only recommend this subclass if you want your Baldur’s Gate 3 experience to be unpredictable.
1. Draconic BloodlineAnd finally, at number 1, we have the Draconic Bloodline subclass as the BG3 BEST Sorcerer subclass. The reason why I consider it number 1 is because it is the most accessible and easiest one to use while offering room for error. Therefore, making it perfect for newcomers and players who aren’t familiar with the genre.
The two features offered by the Draconic Bloodline subclass are the
- Draconic Resilience: Hit Points
- Draconic Resilience: Armour Class
The Draconic Resilience: Hit Point feature increases your Hit Point maximum by 1 for each Sorcerer level, while the Armour Class feature covers the parts of your body where you are not wearing armor with Dragon-like scales, thus, increasing your Base armor class by 13.
This gives the players a lot of room for error and grants it the title of BG3 BEST Sorcerer Subclass. It is not strong enough to make you able to take on a Barbarian in close-range combat by any means, but it is good enough.
One other thing to remember is that you’ll also need to pick a draconic ancestry which will increase the character’s damage if they use the element which is relative to the ancestry they choose. The options presented to the players with be Red, Black, Blue, White, Green, Gold, Silver, or Bronze.
And with that, my guide on BG3 BEST Sorcerer Subclass comes to an end. I hope my guide helped you in deciding which subclass for the sorcerer works best for you and your play style. Aside from the Sorcerer, consider reading the guides on Warlock, Cleric, and Druid as well. Or, in case you are wondering about the best builds, then consider reading Baldur’s Gate 3: BEST Builds guide, but that’s all from me.
Do let me know what you think about the game in the comment section below.
- BG3 Pact Of The Blade: Warlock Subclass Changes
- Baldur’s Gate 3: All Feats
- Baldur’s Gate 3: How to Get The Owlbear Cub
- Baldur’s Gate 3: BEST Paladin Build
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍