Necromancer is one of the classes in Diablo 4, with some of the best builds you can use in your combat. It was one of the last classes that got revealed during the showcase. However, it is definitely one of the best ones to use. It relies heavily on spells, including blood and bone, to deal damage to enemies. Furthermore, like previous Diablo titles, the class is capable of summoning undead helpers that will make your combat easier. From unique class mechanics to deadly attacks, a Necromancer can offer some of the most powerful builds in the game.
- Necromancer is one of the classes in Diablo 4 that offers the game’s strongest builds.
- For the Solo Build of the Necromancer, the players can utilize Bone Skills and focus on dealing high AOE attacks and bone spells.
- The solo build will utilize skills like ultimate Bone Storm, Bone Spear, Bone Prison, Bone Spirit, and Bone Splinters.
- It will also focus on using the Army Of Dead Skill.
- For the solo build, the best Book Of The Dead Upgrades is Skeletal Warriors, Skeletal Mages, and Blood Golem.
- If you want to curate a build using blood skills, then you can use hemorrhage as your basic skill and Blood Surge as your core skill.
- For macabre skills, the players can go for a Blood Mist with a Necrotic carapace as their passive.
- For corruption skills, the players can go for Iron Maiden, and for summoning skills, they can choose Corpse Tendrils in the game.
- In ultimate skills, Blood Wave and Standalone Passive Skill are highly recommended.
- For specializations, the players can go for Rathma’s Vigor Passive which will increase their maximum life.
Watch this video and learn about our take on the best Necromancer build, its playstyle & the best skills in the game.
Here is a summarized look at our Best Necromancer Builds:
|Build||Basic Skills||Core Skills||Macabre Skills||Curse Skills||Corpse Skills||Ultimate Skills||Upgrades|
|Solo Necromancer Build||Bone Splinters||Bone Spear||- Bone Spirit|
- Bone Prison
|Decrepify||-||- Army Of The Dead|
- Ultimate Bone Storm
|- Skeletal Warriors|
- Skeletal Mages
|Blood Necromancer Build||Haemorrhage||- Blood Surge|
- Unliving Energy
|- Blood Mist|
- Grim Harvest
- Necrotic Carapace
- Bone Prison
|Iron Maiden||- Corpse tendrils|
- Blood Begets Blood
|- Blood Wave|
- Stand Alone
- Golem Mastery
Solo Necromancer Build
For this particular build, we will be focusing on solo skills for the players choosing Necromancers as their class.
For the solo build, we will prefer using Bone Magic instead of blood as it is more suitable for players engaging in combat without any assistance. This is because, thanks to the bone magic, the players will be able to summon armies of undead assistants that will help them fight enemies efficiently. You will also be able to use projectiles against your enemies that can deal heavy damage.
Spells And Skills
For spells and skills, we will be focusing on more defensive spells than offensive.For that, we will recommend unlocking spells like Bone Spirit, Bone Splinters, Bone Spare, Bone Prison, and Decrepify. Don’t forget to unlock Army Of The Dead and Ultimate Bone Storm as well.
- The bone storm is an important skill to focus is it will deal a high amount of damage toward enemies if you use it with a golem.
- It is capable of doing 180% damage over the span of 10 seconds.
- You will also be able to use it twice if you cast the spell using a Golem.
- The second attack that you should unlock is the Supreme Bone Storm, as it will allow you to deal double the damage over 20 seconds.
- The best part about it is that it has a very minimal cooldown of only 60 seconds.
- If you want to decrease the cooldown even more, you can always try the Rapid Ossifications Skill, which will allow you to decrease its cooldown by 1.5 seconds for every hundred essences you use in the game.
These skills will really complement the offensive style of the high AOE build you’re going for.
Book Of Dead Upgrades To Unlock
For the solo Necromancer build, we will highly recommend unlocking the following upgrades.
- The first upgrade is Skeletal Warriors, which will allow you to unlock the Sacrifice Ability in skeletal skirmishers.
- For the second book of the dead upgrade, we will recommend going for Skeletal Mages as it will increase damage when alive after 5 seconds.
- Lastly, you can unlock the Blood Golem upgrade that will allow the players to intake 15% of their damage without losing their health.
Tips For Solo Build
In addition to the build we have mentioned above, you can consider using the tips below to make your build more powerful.
- Make sure to run the solo Necromancer build with a Blood Golem.
- Doing so will allow the players to absorb 15% damage from enemies and will allow them to survive longer in combat.
- The solo build will allow you to make use of the Bone Storm Skill, as you won’t be using Warriors and skeletal Mages in the build.
- The Bone Storm Skill will be much stronger thanks to the Sacrifice Effect, and you will be able to make use of it more in combat.
- Make sure not to use the bone storm skill too much; otherwise, you won’t be able to make use of other abilities in the game.
- Ossified essence can also be used to increase the damage of your attacks.
- The essence will allow the players to increase their bone skills and give them a 1% boost for every essence they use.
- Further on in their gameplay, they can also make use of blood skills.
Blood skills like hemorrhage can complement your Bone Skills as well and act as a health-restoring skill whenever needed.
Blood Necromancer Build
If you are looking to incorporate blood skills in your Necromancer build, then you can consider using the following skills in your build.
Before reading on, keep in mind that we have only utilized active and passive skills for the build.
For the basic skills, you can consider using Haemorrhage, which includes upgrades like Enhanced Haemorrhage and Initiates Hemorrhage.
- By using Haemorrhage, you will be able to deal 25% damage by bursting your opponent’s blood.
- You will get a 30% chance to form a Blood Orb that will heal you for 15% off your maximum health. You will also get a chance to obtain seven essences from the ability.
- Enhanced Haemorrhage will allow you to get a Blood Orb as well as two additional essences with each enemy you hit.
- The second upgrade Initiates Haemorrhage will allow the players to obtain a Fortify ability and a 1.5% chance for the enemies to fortify you each time you attack your enemies.
For core skills, you can consider the skills we have listed below.
- If you are going for a powerful blood build, then it is important to utilize Blood Surge as your active skill.
- Blood Surge will allow the players to draw blood from their enemies and deal 20% more damage. It will also allow the players to expel a Blood Nova, which will deal around 50% Damage to the enemies, which will increase by 10% with each enemy you drain.
- The skill will also allow them to deal 1.75 damage to enemies while their movement speed is reduced to 50%. The cooldown rate for the scale is 19 seconds.
- Enhanced Blood Surge can allow the players to heal themselves by 1% of their maximum life with each enemy their drain. This first upgrade is very powerful for a powerful blood build of the Necromancer.
- The second upgrade we will be utilizing for the build is Supernatural Blood Surge which will allow the players to
- Fortify themselves each time they hit an enemy with a Blood Surge Nova.
- For the passive, we will be using unliving energy, which will increase the maximum essence of the players by three.
- You can also go for Reconstitution, as it will allow the players to create a corpse with a 4% more chance at the enemy targets location in Diablo 4.
The players can use the following macabre skills in this particular blood build to increase its efficiency.
- Blood Mist is the first active skill that will allow the players to disperse themselves into a bloody mist, becoming immune for three seconds.
- Enhanced blood mist will reduce the Movement Speed by 20%, and the Blood Mist upgrade will leave behind a corpse every second in Diablo 4.
- For passive, the players can use Grim Harvest, which will consume a corpse to generate three essences, and its upgrade called Fueled By Death will allow the players to deal 4% more damage for four seconds.
- The players can also make use of the Necrotic Carapace, which will allow the players to make use of their skills as well as their Minions skills to fortify.
For the second active skill, we will be using Bone Prison, which will allow the players to summon a bone prison that will surround the enemy target for a total of 6 seconds.
- The first upgrade of the skill, called Enhanced Bone Prison, will allow you to gain three essences for each enemy you hit inside your bone prison.
- A great upgrade for the bone prison is the Dreadful Bone Prison which will Fortify you for each enemy you trap inside your bone prison.
If you are looking to use Corruption Skills, make sure that you remove macabre skills like Bone Prison before.
- For corruption skills, we will be going for the Iron Maiden Skill, which will curse the targeted areas and give 10% damage to enemies. It will last for a total of 10 seconds until direct damage to your target.
- The first upgrade, called Enhanced Iron Maiden, is definitely worth getting as it will allow the players to gain five essences for each enemy they curse instead of using the essence themselves to deal damage.
- Abhorrent Iron Maiden is also a good upgrade which will heal 5% of your maximum health whenever you kill an enemy inflicted with Iron Maiden.
For summoning skills, the players can consider the following options.
- Corpse tendrils are a good active summoning skill that will cause veins to burst out of a corpse and pull in enemies, which will essentially stun them. The players will be able to stun their enemies for three seconds as well as deal 20% damage to them.
- The first upgrade, called Enhanced Corpse Tendrils, will allow the players to slow their enemies down by 50%.
- The second upgrade, called Abhorrent Corpse Tendrils, will allow the players to get a 25% Chance to drop a Blood Orb.
- The players can utilize the blood begets blood passive, which will allow them to get 10% more healing when they are less than 50% in their health. You can invest in its upgrades, but it is important to save points as much as you can for other skills.
The players can invest in ultimate skills like Blood Wave to make their build stronger.
- Blood Wave will allow the players to summon a tidal wave of blood which will deal around 90% Damage with a cooldown of 50 Seconds.
- The first upgrade is called the Prime Blood Wave, which will slow them down for four seconds in the game.
- For the second upgrade, the players can choose Supreme Blood Wave, which will drop Three Blood Orbs.
- For passive, the players can go for a stand-alone, which will increase their damage reduction by 6% and will also reduce the damage for each minion by 2%.
- Upgrades like Memento Mori will allow the players to sacrifice Skeletal Warriors and Mages to get a sacrifice bonus.
- They can also go for passives like Golem Mastery which will increase the life and damage percentage of your Golem by 15.
- For specialization, the players can choose which will increase their maximum life by ten and allow them to deal 25% additional damage.
With this, we conclude our detailed guide on the best Necromancer solo and blood build in Diablo 4. While you are at it, don’t forget to check out our detailed guide on all classes, as well as a detailed beginners’ tips and tricks guide. We have also formulated a guide on all editions in Diablo 4 and how to get a wolf pet.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍