God of War Ragnarok has Nornir chests scattered all across its map, with seemingly easy puzzles that can lead to various items that will help the player progress further throughout the story content as well as upgrade their equipment. In our God of War Ragnarok Alfheim Nornir Chest Locations guide, we will uncover all 7 chests and where you might be able to find them!
The Strond First Chest
Starting with the first God of War Ragnarok Alfheim Nornir Chest Locations, this chest will be located in the area where you first start chapter four of the main storyline and will be present in The Strond.
When you first follow Tyr and Atreus through the mystic gateway and are led into the fourth story for the first time, you will be surrounded by a cave where you will need to make your way forward past the pot of fire that is in front of you.
Right across the pot of fire, you will encounter the edge of a cliff, where you will be able to hold onto your chains and then jump down to the lower platform. Right in front of you, a bit of the edge of the lower cliff, the nornir chest will be conveniently present.
To open it, turn right back around, and the first rune will be present there. Use your blades of chaos to light them up, and the first one will light up, which will be C.
To light up the second one, you will want to make your way forward across the nornir chest, and once you reach the edge of the cliff, you will be able to look down and encounter the N rune, and you can do the same, reach out your blades and light it up (like dynamite).
For the third one, turn right back around, and start making your way back to the nornir chest, and once you’ve done so, get back up on the upper platform. From there, take a swift left turn, jump up the edge, and then up again. Steer left, look down over the edge, and the R rune will be present which will get lit up and eventually unlock the chest.
The Strond Second Chest
Now, in order to get the second nornir chest, it will also be present in the strond, albeit being present at quite a trek from the original chest. You will need to start heading forth, following Tyr and Atreus, and on your way, you will be more than likely to encounter quite a few enemies that you will need to take out.
When you’re still on the cliffs, you will make your way closer to the Temple of Light, and the nornir chest will be present in between two pots of fire and will be hidden underneath a few piles of wood.
Now, to actually open this chest, you will need to have gotten the Draupnir Spear, which will basically become Kratos’ third spear, and there is a corresponding questline that will be known as The Forging Destiny.
Right beside the nornir chest, the first rune will be present, and to activate it; you will need to aim your spear at it and then launch the spear through the middle of the rune.
After doing so, turn back around, start making your way back and keep going forth until you can encounter a giant tree. Steer a bit to the right, and you will be able to see the N destructive. Repeat the same motion, aiming your spear at it and launching right at it to take it out.
Now for the last piece, get out of aim mode, pan your camera to the right and start making your way further up. Keep going forward until you see a collapsed bridge, and look to your right, where you will see the third rune. Aim your spear at it, take it out, and the Nornir chest will be unlocked for you to loot at it freely.
Temple Of Light
To unlock the Nornir Chest in the Temple of Light in God of War Ragnarok, follow these steps:
- Progress Through the Story: This chest is connected to the main storyline, so you’ll naturally encounter it while following Tyr through the Temple of Light.
- Fight Off Enemies: During your ascent through the temple, you’ll encounter enemies that Tyr fails to negotiate with peacefully. You and Atreus will have to defeat them.
- Reach the Upper Part of the Temple: Keep progressing until you reach the upper part of the temple. You may need to disassemble and destroy a few statues to clear your path.
- Locate the Nornir Chest: The Nornir Chest location is marked on the map in the temple.
- Activate the Twilight Stone: In front of the chest, there will be a twilight stone. Initially, the light will be pink. Use your Leviathan axe to aim at it. Move the light up and down until it turns blue, indicating the correct position. Launch your axe at it to remove the N rune.
- Find the R Rune: The R rune is located on the left side of the Nornir Chest. Interact with it to deactivate the light.
- Locate the C Rune: To find the C rune, move a bit to the left. You’ll spot it a few feet above the ground. Interact with the C rune to unlock the Nornir Chest.
By following these steps, you’ll successfully unlock the Nornir Chest in the Temple of Light.
To access the Nornir Chest located below in the canyons in God of War Ragnarok, follow these steps:
- Enter the Canyons: Make your way through the canyons until you reach a massive area with a giant entrance leading inside.
- Descend Further: Press the circle button (O) to descend further into the area.
- Activate the Twilight Stone: You will come across a twilight stone. Use your Leviathan axe to aim at the stone until it lights up the structures in front of you. Wait for the light to turn blue and then launch your axe at it. This will break the structures.
- Defeat Enemies: Continue moving forward until you encounter and defeat enemies in your path.
- Zipline Across: After defeating the enemies, you’ll reach a point where you can zipline from one cliff to the next. Do so.
- Aim at Twilight Stone: Progress in the quest until you reach the edge of a cliff. Here, aim your axe at a giant twilight stone to break more structures.
After doing so, make your way up the cliffs by hanging onto the edges and climbing up. Look back, and there will be a platform where you can land on. Do so, and move a few feet forward where you will be able to see the N rune. Climb down, and keep heading forth until you can see the nornir chest.
Head back up the cliff and back to where you saw the N rune. From there, go back down to the chest, where you will see the C rune right in front of it. As for the R rune, it will be present in the cave that leads right in from the position of the nornir chest.
To access the Nornir Chest located in the Barrens area of God of War Ragnarok, follow these steps:
- Enter the Barrens Area: Make your way into the Barrens area on the map, towards the edge of it.
- Explore the Ruin: Once you’re in the general area, you will come across a ruin that you can explore. Head towards this ruin, which is just a short distance in front of you.
- Climb Up the Ledge: At the entrance of the ruin, look for a small ledge that you can climb up. This will take you to a platform that is about 3-4 feet above the ground.
- Locate the Nornir Chest: The Nornir Chest will be present, nestled against the edge of the ruin. You will need to solve the puzzle to open it.
When it comes to its runes, the C rune will be present on the left of the nornir chest. Once the nornir chest is located, step a bit to the left, and pan your camera to the left, and you will be able to see the rune. To light it up, you can use your blades of chaos and aim the blades at the letter C and then pull it back to light it up.
Make your way back down the edge of the ruin, and start making your way around towards the back of the ruin. Right on top of a few broken stones, you might be able to encounter another look. Make your way close to it, and it will be the N rune, and you can light it the same way.
Lastly, for the R rune, you will need to make your way over to the front of the ruin, and if you scoot back a bit, players will be able to see that the R rune is present on top of the ruin’s top. Aim your axe at the torch beside it, and break it to light up the R rune, and it will unlock the barren nornir chest for you.
The Forbidden Sands First Chest
To access the Nornir Chest located in the Forbidden Sands area of God of War Ragnarok, follow these steps:
- Enter the Forbidden Sands Area: Head to the Forbidden Sands area, and be prepared for a journey as it’s located at the end of this area. Along the way, you’ll encounter various opponents that you may need to defeat.
- Locate the N Rune: When you reach the Nornir Chest’s location, look around for the N rune. It will be situated across from the chest itself. Turn around from the chest’s position, look up, and you’ll see the rune on top of a stone to the left of some wooden structures. Use your Blades of Chaos to light it up.
- Find the C Rune: After lighting the N rune, pan your camera to the right. You’ll notice a collapsed stone structure resting on a stepping stone on the cliffside. Run towards it, and Kratos will automatically duck below it to cross. Proceed a bit to the left and continue running until you encounter a large structure. Look up to find the C rune.
- Discover the R Rune: Head towards the right of the C rune. As you run in that direction, you’ll find the R rune nestled between two large rocks. Use your abilities to activate it.
Activating all three runes (N, C, R) in the correct sequence will unlock the Nornir Chest and grant you access to its contents.
The Forbidden Sands Second Chest
As for the last chest, it will also be present in the forbidden sands. Right in front of a giant rune, there will be a small stone that you will need to crack with your axe, so aim at it and crack it. You will want to be on the eastern end of the forbidden sands to access the chest.
From the crack that you made in your stone, head in, where Freya will follow you. Keep heading inside, and eventually, you will be able to see the chest hidden on the far end. You need to take out the giant structures with the help of aligning the twilight stones on them.
The n rune will be present on the far left below one of Odin’s ravens that are flying about, so head a bit back on the bridge and aim your blade at it. The C rune will be present on the far right end of the bridge, and you can light that up too. The final rune will be present on top, hidden behind a wall, break it down to get the rune, and the chest is yours to take.
And there we have it! All 7 chests all done, and with that, we will wrap up our God of War Ragnarok Alfheim Nornir Chest Locations guide!
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍