God of War Ragnarok features a wide variety of QOL improvements, with one of them being the addition of Amulet of Yggdrasil, which essentially lets you equip Kratos with 9 different enchantments. The catch here is that you cannot insert 9 enchantments in it from the get-go, as the amulet needs to be upgraded first via Jewels of Yggdrasil. Assuming you have a fully upgraded amulet, below we have listed 9 different enhancements that will let you make the most out of Amulet of Yggdrasil in God of War Ragnarok.
- Amulet of Yggdrasil lets Kratos equip 9 various enchantments in God of War Ragnarok.
- The Amulet of Yggdrasil is unlocked via story progression.
- Some of the best amulet Enchantments that players can get include:
- Vanaheim’s Fortitude
- Set Bonus: Kratos’s melee damage is increased against foes This is an outstanding set bonus for finishing the health bars of larger enemies.
- Nifleheim’s Security:
- Set Bonus: Kratos’s melee damage is buffed if his health remains above 75%.
- Emblem of Elusion:
- Bonus: This bonus improves your speed and evading distance This is a simple enchantment highly effective.
- Crest of Desperate Heroics:
- Bonus: When Kratos’s health reaches a crucial state This will grant a boost in health.
- Helheim’s Force:
- Set Bonus: When Kratos’s health is decreased below 50%, his melee attack damage is boosted.
- Greater Regenerating Essence:
- Bonus: This will recover you from all incoming attacks immediately.
- Svartalfheim’s Honor:
- Set Bonus: This will Increase the amount of stun damage imposed by Kratos. against bigger rivals.
- Asgard Fortitude
- Set Bonus: Increase the damage of all of Kratos’s triangle attacks and powers.
- Boon of Wrath:
- Bonus: The boon of Wrath effect will inflict on all nearby foes to deal explosive damage.
Amulet of Yggdrasil LocationAmulet of Yggdrasil is unlocked via story progression. Specifically, you will obtain it after defeating Nidhogg during the quest “The Reckoning”. Amulet of Yggdrasil is available as a separate armor piece, unrelated to the chest, waist, or wrist armor pieces. At first, you will only be able to allot 2 enchantments to the Amulet of Yggdrasil, and you will need to gather all of the Jewels of Yggdrasil in order to fully repair the amulet.
- Cooldown: 20
- Luck: 2
- Set Bonus: Kratos’s melee damage is increased against enemies that are afflicted by a status effect. This is an excellent set bonus for depleting the health bars of larger enemies. Inflicting a status effect on an enemy via Atreus and unleashing a barrage of melee attacks on enemies afterward is a great way of taking down some of the tankier enemies of the game.This enchantment scales with Luck.
- Location: Defeating Crimson the Dread during the quest “For Vanaheim”.
- Defence: 10
- Set Bonus: Kratos’s melee damage is buffed as long as his health remains above 75%. For a game where you face a barrage of enemies constantly, and your health remains somewhere in the middle, you may not make the most out of this enchantment set bonus, but combined with another enchantment set bonus which we will be discussing momentarily, you can potentially buff Kratos’s damage for 75% of the combat.This enchantment scales with defense.
- Location: Can be bought for 1000 Hacksilver from Huldra Brothers’ shop after the quest “The Reckoning”.
Emblem of Elusion
- Bonus: This enchantment enhances your speed and evading distance. This is a simple enchantment but with a highly effective utility. The speed boost and have tons of advantages, for example: quickly reaching a stunned enemy, interrupting an enemy’s attack with your runic ones, or simply for keeping close distance. Likewise, the increased evasion window can save you at very crucial times.The utility of this bonus can be really felt when completing Musphelheim’s challenges or fighting Valkyries.
- Location: This enchantment can be obtained by defeating Ormstugain in Alberich Hollow.
Crest of Desperate Heroics
- Bonus: When Kratos’s health reaches critical state, he is granted an invincible barrier for a short period of time along with a boost in strength and health. Another skill that can save you in times of difficulty, especially when facing game’s toughest bosses or completing challenges that require you to face dozens upon dozes of enemies in succession.
- Location: This skill can be obtained by completing the side quest “Casualties of War: The Brooch” found in The Plains, Vanaheim.
- Strength: 12
- Vitality: 3
- Set Bonus: Remember when we mentioned the skill that would let you have an attack buff for almost 75% of the combat duration? The set bonus from Helheim’s enchantments is what we were talking about. When Kratos’s health is dropped below 50%, his melee attack damage is increased.This enchantment scales with Vitality.
- Location: It is unlocked after completing the Treasure map called “Demise of Dagestr”, located in Midgar.
Greater Regenerating Essence
- Bonus: Greater Regenerating Essence is one of the most, if not the most, highly useful enchantments of God of War Ragnarok. You can’t always rely on Atreus or the health gems drop to refill your health. You will find yourself in a situation with low health and no means to refill it a lot! This is where keeping your distance and letting the enchantment do its job can save you.At the same time, this definitely isn’t a substitute for healing, as the rate at which this regenerates health is not fast enough to recover you from all incoming attacks instantly. This enchantment requires 170 Vitality.
- Location: It is acquired by defeating the Slag Horn during the quest “Path of Destruction: Dragon Hunt”, found in The Jungle region of Vanaheim.
- Defence: 10
- Set Bonus: Increases the amount of stun damage inflicted by Kratos. When against armored or bigger enemies that can’t be staggered or stun-locked by normal attacks, building up their stun bar and using the R3 stagger attack is the quickest way of putting them out of action. That’s where the set bonus of Svartalfheim enchantments comes into play, letting you build up the stagger bar at a much faster rate.This enchantment scales with Defence.
- Location: Obtained by completing the favor called “Conscience for the Dead”
- Strength: 12
- Cooldown: 3
- Set Bonus: Increase the damage of all of Kratos’s triangle attacks and abilities. This enchantment scales with Cooldown.
- Location: It can be acquired by defeating the Harderfill the Callous during the quest “Fit for a King“.
Boon of Wrath
- Bonus: Upon activation of Spartan Rage, Kratos consumes the status effect inflicted on all nearby enemies to deal explosive damage. The utility of health regeneration and high damage and speed that Kratos is granted upon activation of Spartan Rage cannot be overstated. This enchantment essentially let’s you buff the Spartan Rage even further, granted that you have inflicted status effects on multiple enemies nearby.
- Location: Can be acquired by defeating the Hel-Traveller during the quest “Reunion”.
Before we conclude our guide, we just want to give you a heads-up on the enchantments with Set Bonus. Set bonuses are only received when you have two other enchantments of the same realm set. Otherwise, the only benefits you will gain are stats bonuses. So to enjoy the Set Bonus of, let’s say, Asgard Fortitude, make sure you have Asgard’s Might and Asgard Virtue equipped as well in order to complete the set.
You can additionally min-max the stats of Kratos by assigning different enchantments to the Amulet, according to your playstyle in God of War Ragnarok. Furthermore, there is another plethora of other highly useful enchantments hidden in the depths of the Norse pantheon, which we might’ve not even discovered, so if you find any that does a better job than the ones mentioned above, do let us know below.
With this, we conclude our guide on the best enchantments for Amulet of Yggdrasil in God of War Ragnarok. Since we are on the topic of set bonus and all, also consider reading our guides on berserker armor, guiding light armor, dragon scaled armor and spiritual armor in God of War Ragnarok, and learn about the locations of all of these fancy armor sets and get additional passive buffs by equipping the entire armor set.
- GOW Ragnarok: Chaos Flames
- GOW Ragnarok: Frozen Flames Location
- GOW Ragnarok Best Axe Upgrades
- GOW Ragnarok BEST Relics
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍