Halfway through the “Fury Against Fate” questline, you are tasked with destroying the Gore-soaked Barricade in Diablo 4. However, due to an unforeseen bug, your character won’t be able to destroy the barricade due to Ealda and her companions not following you to the next objective. While there is no official patch by Blizzard Entertainment yet, a few workarounds can be used to complete the questline.
What Is Gore Soaked Barricade In Diablo 4?
After speaking with Ealda at the Crane Tribe Hutmoot settlement, she’ll meet you at Wasting Hollow Dungeon and her followers to lead a charge. Shortly after the charge has begun, you’ll be tasked with destroying the Gore-soaked Barricade to progress further into the dungeon and kill the cannibals residing there.
The quest progress comes to a halt at this exact moment as you’ll notice that Ealda and her companions no longer follow you into the dungeon, making it impossible to destroy the Barricade.
Fixes For Diablo 4 Gore Soaked Barricade Glitch
There is an official fix by Blizzard Entertainment; however, there are several workarounds that you can employ to get past this annoying bug and complete the “Fury Against Fate” questline.
Clear Nearby Events
- Starting the quest while there is an active event nearby can sometimes cause the quest to get bugged.
- Clear any nearby events.
- Abandon the quest via the journal.
- Log out and quit Diablo 4.
- Restart the game and begin the quest again.
Changing World Tiers
- Changing the World Tiers has also reportedly fixed this issue for some users.
- To change World Tier, visit any World Tier Statue in the overworld.
- If you haven’t found one, there is one located on the northeast of Kyovashad.
- Alternatively, World Tiers can also be switched from the main menu as well.
- World Tiers are basically the difficulty level you are playing Diablo 4 on.
Limiting The Framerate
- According to Redditor ivan2340, limiting framerate can cause the NPCs to get moving and follow you into the dungeon.
- To do this, tab out of the Diablo 4 application and set the background fps to 1.
- Login outside of the cave and click on the cave entry before tabbing out again.
- Wait for everything to load at 1fps.
- Start the conversation and then again tab out.
- Once the NPCs start shouting, you can continue the quest.
Enter The Cave Without Talking
- Enter the cave without conversing with Ealda.
- Attack the Gore soaked Barricade Diablo 4 and see if it has a health bar.
- If it has, exit the cave, log out of Diablo 4, and wait 10 seconds before logging back in,
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 again until the barricade has no health.
- The barricade having a health bar is an indication of the quest being bugged, so you have to repeat the steps until it’s invincible.
- Once the health bar is gone, you can go to Ealda and continue the quest.
Contact Official Support
If none of the aforementioned fixes work for you, then as a last resort, submit your report to Blizzard Entertainment. and wait for the bug to get patched. Diablo 4 bug reports can be submitted on their official Diablo 4 support forums.
Diablo 4 is the latest entry in Blizzard’s critically acclaimed Diablo franchise, bringing more variety than ever in terms of its builds and playstyles. If you are new to the franchise and don’t know how to build your character appropriately, consider reading the guides on the best Rouge Archer build, best Druid build, best Twisting Blades build, and best Barbarian build.
To know in advance what skills to go with and how much they cost, learn how to use the Diablo 4 Talent calculator by referring to our guide. For more general tips, why not go through the Beginner’s guide on Diablo 4? This concludes my guide on what is Diablo 4’s Gore soaked Barricade along with all of its possible fixes.
- FIXED: Diablo 4 Error Code 316719
- Diablo 4 Error Code 300202 [FIXED]
- How To Fix Diablo 4 Code 30008
- 8 Most Effective Ways To Fix Diablo 4 Crashing [PC]
- Diablo 4: Unable To Find A Valid License [FIXED]
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍