You might have encountered the Diablo 4 code 30008 when trying to log into the game. While you might be able to get past the queue with relative ease, this error can show up right after and prevent you from logging in. Code 30008 is typically accompanied by a pop-up warning message that says “Your request timed out. Please try again. (Code 30008)“. This error message can look very intimidating, especially because it does not give you any information and has a long code. Fortunately, it is not very hard to resolve and can be done with a few simple steps.
- You can encounter Diablo 4 code 30008 when trying to log into the game. But it is not very hard to solve and only requires a few steps.
- The usual causes behind the error code are the official Diablo 4 servers or your internet connection.
- Diablo 4 servers can get overloaded with a lot of players trying to log into the game at the same time, so you should wait a bit and then try again.
- If the error does not go away, try to change your DNS to Google’s public DNS address and change your NAT type.
- Additionally, use the official Battle.net launcher to scan and repair any corrupted or missing game files.
- If nothing is working for you, then you should try to get in contact with the official customer support for Diablo 4.
What Causes Diablo 4 Code 30008?
There is not one single and definitive cause behind this error code and several reasons can potentially cause it. Some of these reasons can be related to each other. For example, the two main causes behind the error are either the Diablo 4 servers or your internet connection. When it comes to your internet connection, either your DNS server or your NAT type can prevent you from connecting to the Diablo 4 servers. While the two things are closely related to each other, the way you approach the solution for both of them is different.
Players have also encountered the error code 30008 because of the Diablo 4 servers. This can happen because the Diablo 4 servers are experiencing more traffic than they can handle. Though, there is a chance you might run into different error codes or warning messages if this is the case.
How To Solve Code 30008?
You can solve this error code depending on the cause behind it. Most of the time, the Diablo 4 servers are the usual culprit. In this case, there is not much that you can do other than wait for the servers to stabilize. In most cases, it should not take more than an hour and you should be able to continue playing Diablo 4 as usual. If error code 30008 persists for more than a few hours, then the problem is likely on your end.
It can usually be incredibly difficult to find out exactly what is causing the error. That is why we recommend that you try all of the solutions mentioned below to see if one of them will solve it for you.
Change Your DNS Server
Your default DNS server could be the leading cause behind the Diablo 4 Code 30008. This is because sometimes your DNS server can conflict with the Diablo 4 servers and make communication impossible. Without making it too complicated, you should simply change your DNS to the free and public DNS server provided by Google. There are also several other advantages to using Google’s DNS server, outside of just solving error codes.
Follow these steps to change your DNS in Windows 10:
- Press Windows + R on your Keyboard and Type Control Panel in the Window that pops up, then click OK.
- From there, go to Network and Internet, click Network and Sharing Center, then switch to the Change adapter settings section.
- Now right-click the Network Adapter you are using, either WiFi or Ethernet and then access the properties tab.
- In the Networking tab, highlight either Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6). You will know whether you are using IPv4 or IPv6 because the correct protocol is ticked by default.
- Once highlighted, click properties, then advanced, and switch to the DNS tab. If there are any existing DNS servers, remove them. You can note them down before you remove them in case you would like to go back.
- Now close the advanced window and click Use the following DNS server addresses. Here, you will replace any existing DNS servers with Google’s DNS.
- If you are using the IPv4 protocol, use 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124. For IPv6 users, use 2001:4860:4860::8888 and 2001:4860:4860::8844.
Once done, launch Diablo 4 again and see if error code has been fixed or not. Make sure to give your PC a quick reboot before you launch the game again to test.
Understand Your NAT Type
If the error persists despite changing the DNS server, then the next most likely culprit is a restricted NAT Type. There are a total of three different NAT types; Restricted (Type 3), Moderate (Type 2), and Open (Type 1). It is almost impossible to properly play any online game if you have a restricted NAT type. A moderate NAT type can still work decently well, and an open NAT type virtually faces no problems.
Your NAT type helps you connect to other players and servers in online games. This means that a restricted NAT type will have several restrictions that will not allow you to connect to other IP addresses, including the Diablo 4 servers. So, to fix the issue, you have to switch to an Open or Moderate NAT type. Do take note that some internet service providers do not permit their users to be able to tweak such settings. In this case, you can either use a VPN or contact your ISP directly to fix your NAT issue.
You should first check to see if your NAT type is restricted or not. The simplest method of checking your NAT Type in Windows 10 is through Xbox Networking:
- Go to your Windows 10 settings from the Start menu and then click on Gaming.
- Once in, click on the Xbox Networking tab and it will run the test for you.
If it says Restricted instead of Open, then move on to changing your NAT type. If your NAT type is already Open, then skip this step. There are several ways that you can use to get an Open NAT type, but the easiest way is to enable UPnP in your router’s settings.
How To Enable UPnP & Get Open NAT Type
- Log into your Router’s settings through an internet browser. You will need to enter your router’s default IP address into the address bar and click enter. You will typically find your default IP address at the back of your router.
- Once in, log in with your username and password. By default, it is set to admin for both your password and username.
- You will now need to see where the UPnP setting is located in your router’s interface. In most routers, it is in the section that is usually titled something like Advanced settings or Network Settings.
- When you find the UPnP setting, simply enable it. Your router will reboot and when you check again, you will have an Open NAT type.
Now, try to launch Diablo 4 again and see if you can log into the game without encountering error code 30008. If you are still running into the error, move on to the next solution.
Verify & Repair Your Game Files
Due to an almost endless amount of reasons, your game files can sometimes get corrupted or disappear entirely. These corrupted or missing game files can also lead to error code 30008. While this is not very common, it is still worth checking off as a potential cause. Fortunately, Blizzard’s Battle.net, the official launcher for Diablo 4, has a great built-in feature that can scan for any potential missing or corrupted game files and repair them.
You should use this feature to see if you have any of these bad game files that might be causing error code 30008 for you. It is very simple, follow these steps:
- Open the Battle.net launcher from your Taskbar or the Start menu.
- Once in, go to your game list and select Diablo 4 from there.
- Next to the big Play button, you will notice a small gear icon; click it.
- From the menu, select Scan and Repair. This will show you a confirmation pop-up, click Begin Scan and it will automatically start repairing your game files.
Once the scan is finished, restart the Battle.net launcher and try to run the game again to confirm if the repair tool resolved error code or not.
Contact Customer Support
If you have tried all of these solutions and the Diablo 4 error code 30008 continues to haunt you, then you should contact Blizzard’s official customer support. You can do so by going over to this web page and clicking on the type of issue you have. It will then redirect you to a new page asking you for your login details. You can then get in contact with customer support and hopefully resolve the error.
If you prefer a more straightforward method, then you should get in contact with Adam Fletcher on Twitter, the global community development director of Diablo 4. You can expect a swift response, as Adam Fletcher is dedicated to helping the Diablo 4 community and solving any potential issues that you might face.
Hundreds of Thousands of players are looking forward to the release of Diablo 4 this summer, and rightfully so. The Diablo series is one of the most beloved game series out there and many players cannot wait to get their hands on Diablo 4. Unfortunately, the overwhelming response and the numbers from the Diablo community seem to be negatively impacting the Diablo 4 open beta test. The open beta has been riddled with numerous bugs and glitches that have made it very difficult to thoroughly enjoy the game.
Fortunately, this can only mean positive things for the future of Diablo 4, as we can expect the official release of the game to be flawless. Nevertheless, we hope that you managed to fix the Diablo 4 code 30008 by using one of the solutions provided in this guide. Do let us know which fix worked for you.
- Diablo 4 Account Locked Code 395002
- Diablo 4 World Boss Not Spawning [FIXED]
- Diablo 4: All Waypoint Locations To Fast Travel
- Diablo 4 Beginners Guide [Tips And Tricks]
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍