Diablo 4 is the long-awaited sequel that fans, including me, have been waiting for since it got announced. Now that it’s finally here, issues like Diablo 4 error 300202 are preventing players from logging into their accounts and accessing their characters. Encountering this issue is especially tiresome if you’ve spent a lot of time waiting in the queue for Diablo 4, and suddenly the game won’t let you in. However, do not worry, as we’re going to take a deep dive into this issue and come up with fixes to help you resolve this and get back to playing Diablo 4 as soon as possible.
What is Diablo 4 Error Code 300202?
The Diablo 4 error 300202 is a server-related issue that prevents players from logging into the game. It appears on the character creation screen when you’re either trying to choose your class or logging into your existing character. This error halts players from performing this action and instead pops up a message saying, “There was an error. (Code 300202).”
However, this error does not only appear when you’re trying to log into your character. It can also happen when you’re mid-game, and the server suddenly decides to kick you back to the lobby. This error generally means that there’s an issue with the Blizzard servers; either they’re overloaded with players, or there’s a maintenance activity going on.
Regardless of the issues, we’ll be exploring some effective fixes to help you resolve this error.
How To Fix Diablo 4 Error Code 300202
Check Diablo 4 Server Status
Diablo 4 servers have been overloaded with an immense amount of players since day 1. Many players were awaiting this sequel, so it’s no surprise that they wanted to jump into the action as soon as they could. However, the servers may not be able to handle this much traffic of players at once; hence they either become laggy or simply cause issues like Diablo 4 error 300202.
To verify if the Diablo 4 servers are doing or undergoing maintenance activity, you can either visit Blizzard’s official Twitter to see if there’s news on any maintenance. Or you can simply go to a third-party website like Downdetector and check for yourself if the servers are live or not.
If the servers are having issues or aren’t live, then you’ve found the major reason behind the error code 300202. However, if there’s nothing wrong with the servers, then check out the next couple of fixes.
Test Your Network Connectivity
Sometimes, you can face Diablo 4 error 300202 due to network-related problems. It’s possible that your internet connection might have limited connectivity or slow bandwidth, which is why your game is unable to log in. To test your internet connection, first, you have to visit the speedtest website. This will help you measure your internet speed to let you know if you’re getting the full bandwidth or not.
If you’ve tested your internet connection and found it to be slow or have limited connectivity, here are a few things you can try to resolve it:
- Restart Your Router: You should try powering off your router or simply unplugging it. Wait for about 2-3 minutes, and then turn it back on. This will clear the cache in the modem/router and improve your internet network connection, resolving any issues.
- Use A Wired Connection: If you’re using your internet connection over WiFi, I highly recommend that you switch to a wired connection. Wired is much more reliable and gives you the best internet access without any issues.
- Contact Your ISP: If your internet connection is still not reverting to its actual bandwidth, then I suggest you should contact your ISP. Explain the whole situation to them, and they’ll lodge your complaint and start working on this issue as soon as possible. This is one of the sure ways you can get your internet connection sorted.
Once your internet connection speed returns to normal, try logging into the game again. If everything goes well, then enjoy playing the game with your pals.
Restart And Update Diablo 4
If you’re encountering Diablo 4 error 30020 even if the servers are live and your internet is working fine, then the problem lies within your game copy. It’s possible that you were playing an outdated version of the game which is causing this problem. Another error called Diablo 4 error code 75 also originates from the same problem.
I recommend updating your Blizzard Battle.Net client and also your game to avoid these network-related errors. If you’re not getting the update, you can manually check for them.
Here’s how to check for Diablo 4 updates:
- First, you have to open up Battle.Net from the Windows Search.
- Once Battle.Net opens up, locate Diablo 4 in your favorite games tab above. After finding it, click on it to access Diablo 4’s page.
- Look below, right next to the play button, and you’ll see the settings icon (cog wheel). All you got to do is click on the option called “Check for Updates.”
- Once Battle.Net finishes checking for updates, it’ll put it in the downloads queue. After that, you’ll just have to wait a few minutes or several, depending on the size of the update.
After the update is done, try launching the game again to see if you’re encountering the Diablo 4 error code 300202 again. If not, then you’re all set to conquer the bowels of Hell.
Verify Diablo 4 Game Files
If even your copy of Diablo 4 is completely up-to-date, and you’re still getting this error, it’s possible that your game files might’ve been corrupted. Game files can either go corrupted or missing due to interference from a third-party program (like cleaners or antiviruses) or malware. Instead of redownloading the whole game, all you need to do is verify the game files to fix this issue.
Here’s how to verify game files on Battle.Net:
- Open up Battle.Net from the taskbar in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Once it opens up, you have to access the Diablo 4 page from the favorite games section above.
- Here, you need to click on the settings button (cog wheel) and select the option called “Scan and Repair.”
- Once you click Scan and Repair, Battle.Net will start scanning your Diablo 4 install directory.
This process can also take anywhere from a few minutes to several, depending on the speed of your storage device. Once the process completes, Battle.Net will start downloading the missing files and replace them in your install directly automatically. After this is done, boot up Diablo 4 again to see if the error was fixed or not. If there were files missing in the first place, there’s a high chance the error was resolved with this fix.
Update Your Network Drivers
Outdated or corrupted network drivers can also be the reason why you’re facing Diablo 4 error 300202. The solution is simple, just update your network driver. There are several ways you can update your network drivers, but I recommend only one to avoid any incompatibility issues.
Here’s what you need to do to update your network drivers:
- Type Device Manager in the Windows Search bar and click on the first link to open it up.
- Once you’re inside the Device Manager, you’ll see a slew of hardware components and their drivers on your system. You need to expand the Network Adapters category and click on Update Drivers.
- A window will pop up, prompting you to either update the drivers automatically through Windows Update or you can manually select a driver file from your system. Select the former option, as it’s the best way to update your network driver without worrying about selecting the best driver yourself.
- After you select the automatic option, Windows will scour its database, and if there’s an update available for your network card, it’ll install it on your system.
- After the update, you’ll need to restart your PC.
This will update your network drivers and resolve the Diablo 4 error that you’ve been facing.
Did You Finally Fix This Diablo 4 Error?
And there you have it; these are all the solutions you can apply to fix the Diablo 4 error 30020 on your PC. Diablo 4 has been riddled with network and server-related issues like these. Part of the reason is the gigantic community that’s flooding in to play the game. Our fixes will definitely help you resolve this issue with ease and get you back into the game as quickly as possible.
Diablo 4 error code 300202 is a server-related issue that prevents players from logging into their chosen characters/classes.
This error usually occurs when there’s ongoing server maintenance, or the servers are overloaded with players. The best solution is to wait and let the servers fix themselves.
Your GPU drivers might be outdated, which is why you’re experiencing a black screen. I recommend updating your GPU drivers to the latest ones.
Check out more error fix guides we’ve covered on eXputer for Diablo 4:
- Diablo 4 Account Locked Code 395002
- Diablo 4 World Boss Not Spawning
- Diablo 4: Unable To Find A Valid License
- 8 Ways To Fix Diablo 4 Code 397000
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍