I’ve played the game for nearly 3,000 hours, and I can assure you getting High FPS In PUBG is hard. The game still isn’t properly optimized yet, even in 2023, and the frames aren’t consistent even with good hardware. Now, if you are going through a similar position, don’t worry because you have to come to the right place. I’ve listed a set of best PUBG PC settings to help you get the best performance on your PC.
In this guide, we are going to make several changes in PUBG Settings, Graphics Card Settings, and Windows 10 itself. If you follow the guide properly, I can guarantee you won’t get any more stutters, crashes, Low Frames, and game freezes. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into details.
Best Nvidia Graphics Settings for PUBG
Before hopping into Nvidia Global Settings, ensure that “use the advanced 3D Image Setting” is enabled in the Adjust Image Settings with Preview if you don’t know how to access it. Just right-click on Desktop and open Nvidia Control Panel. Afterward, go to the Adjust Image Settings Tab under 3D Settings Category, and you will find the option.
- Once done, go to Manage 3D Settings > Global Settings.
- Make the following changes:
|Antialiasing – Gamma Correction||On|
|Antialiasing – Mode||Off|
|Antialiasing – Settings||None|
|Antialiasing – Transparency||Off|
|CUDA – GPUs||All|
|DSR – Factors||Off|
|DSR – Smoothness||Off|
|Low Latency Mode||Off|
|Max Frame Rate||Off|
|Multi-Frame Sampled AA (MFAA)||Off|
|OpenGL Rendering GPU||Auto Select|
|Power Management Mode||Prefer Maximum Performance|
|Preferred Refresh Rate||Max / Application Controlled|
|Texture Filtering – Anisotropic Sample Optimization||On|
|Texture Filtering – Negative LOD||Allow|
|Texture Filtering – Quality||High Performance|
|Texture Filtering – Trilinear Optimization||On|
|Virtual Reality Pre-Rendered Frames||1|
Best AMD Settings for PUBG
For AMD Users, make sure that your drivers are updated to the latest Adrenaline version. Afterward, open the AMD Control Panel, select PUBG under Gaming and Graphics Profiles, and make the following changes.
|Anti-Aliasing Mode||Use Application Settings|
|Anti-Aliasing Method||Adaptive Multisampling|
|Anisotropic Filtering Mode||Use Application Settings|
|Texture Filtering Quality||Performance|
|Surface Format Optimization||On|
|Wait For Vertical Refresh||Off|
|OpenGL Triple Buffering||Off|
|Shader Cache||On / AMD Optimized|
|Tessellation Mode||Override Application Settings|
|Maximum Teselation Level||Off|
|Frame Rate Target Control||Disabled|
Best PUBG Settings For High FPS
Once you are done with the Graphics Card Settings. Its time to select the best PUBG settings for Max FPS and Performance.
- Under Graphics Setting, make the following changes.
|Lobby FPS Cap||No Cap|
|In-Game FPS Cap||Custom – Max Refresh Rate Value|
|Universal Brightness for all Maps||Enabled|
|FPP Camera FOV||90 – 103|
|Overall Graphics Quality||Custom|
More Like These: Best Valorant Settings For High FPS and Ultimate Performance.
Advanced PUBG Settings
- Render Scale – 100. Really Important, anything above or below 100 can have a huge impact on Performance.
- FPP Camera FOV -The higher the FOV, the fewer frames you get. That is because, in High FOV, you see more Pixels at a time. I personally prefer 90 because it’s very balanced and gives me the benefit of extra Frames. Pro players with really good PC’s go for 103 FOV.
- Overall Graphics Quality: Custom.
- Anti-Aliasing – Very Low. In Competitive Games like PUBG, there is no point in having those ultra visuals with smooth edges and blurred displays. Instead, keep it low, and you will see very clear and sharp visuals that can also help you spot enemies & get high frame rates.
- Post-Processing – Very Low.
- Shadows – Very Low. Anything above Very Low will greatly impact your PC’s performance.
- Textures – Ultra.
- Effects – Very Low.
- Foliage – Very Low.
- View Distance – Medium (I used to keep it very Low because my monitor sharpness was Max. However, I recently changed my Monitor, so that benefit is gone, and now I’ve to rely on the game itself. You can go with Medium or Very Low, depending on your Monitor Settings.
- Sharpen – Disable.
- V-Sync – Disabled ( Really Important, when enabled, you will experience huge input lag, and frames will be capped to 60).
- Motion Blur – Disabled (Motion Blur in Competitive Games does not make any sense).
Best PUBG Launch Options for High FPS
If you are unaware of launch options. Let me explain it in easy words. The Steam version of PUBG has launch options that Steam says are advanced settings. Well, there aren’t a lot of advanced gimmicks involved; all you have to do is just enter this set of code.
-USEALLAVAILABLECORES -malloc=system -sm4
-USEALLAVAILABLECORES is going to unlock all your cores while playing PUBG. Therefore, you can expect more Frames than usual. On top of that, you will also experience more responsiveness, and the overall performance will become very consistent.
-sm4 forces DX10 graphics instead of DX11 or DX12. Consequently, in some cases, it can completely change the visuals of the game, and you might be disappointed. If you experience something like that. Just simply remove it. Everyone has had different experiences, but from what I’ve heard and experienced, everyone in the PUBG Community is using this code.
- Open Steam.
- Right-click on PUBG > Properties > General.
- Now Under General Tab > Click on Set Launch Options and enter the code given below.
- -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -malloc=system -sm4.
- Once done, simply exit and launch the game to see if you notice any changes.
Disable Full-Screen Optimisation to Improve Performance
Disabling Full-Screen Optimisation is really important. Many gamers have noticed that when enabled, the game uses more than the recommended power. Further, players have also complained that when enabled, the Windows 10 Notifications keep piling up in the background, thus impacting performance.
On the bright side, when full-screen optimization is disabled, you will also see massive responsiveness in minimizing PUBG and, in some cases, more Frames and Improved Performance.
- Open Steam > Right Click PUBG > Properties > Local Files.
- Under Local Files, Click on Browse Local Files and Head over to TslGame > Binaries > Win 64.
- Afterward, you will find numerous PUBG Applications in this folder.
- Now, Right-click on ExecPubg > Properties > Compatibility > Make Sure Disable Full Screen Optimisations is checked.
- Afterward, Click on Change high DPI Settings and Check “Override high DPI scaling behavior. Also, choose Application under Scaling Performed by.
- Once done, click OK, and once more, hit Apply and OK in the tab beneath.
- After the changes are made, just apply the same changes to the TslGame application.
Enable Game Mode For Max Performance
Game Mode is a built-in Windows 10 feature that is designed to provide games with 100% processing power. What Game Mode actually does is quite simple. Whenever you are playing a game, heavy applications are running in the background. Game Mode will automatically kill those applications and therefore ensure that your CPU/Memory is properly utilized.
Game Mode Can be enabled very easily. Just follow the steps below.
- Click on Start > Type Game Mode > Open the First Result.
- Once Opened, Simply Enable Game Mode and Exit.
Get High FPS in PUBG Through Windows Graphics Settings
Like Game Mode, Windows 10 also has another built-in feature called the Graphics Setting. The game mode mostly emphasizes on CPU Performance, while the Graphics Setting is strictly meant for optimizing the Graphic Card Usage. Through Graphics Settings, you can set priority to applications regarding how much power can they squeeze. If you want the best possible performance, simply go for High performance. Since that will make sure your GPU is giving 100% Value to that game.
- Under Search > Type Graphics Setting > Open The First Result.
- Now Click On Browse and Find TslGame wherever you have downloaded it. Usually, the game is located under
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\PUBG\TslGame\Binaries\Win64
- Afterward, click on Options, and under Graphics Specifications, Choose High Performance.
- Once Done, Hit Save.
Note: These settings were made during PUBG Season 8. However, the settings mentioned above have proved to work on all sorts of updates.
Similar Guides: Rainbow Six Siege High FPS And Best Settings Guide
Chicken Dinners Are Just Around The Corner
Once you have applied all the changes suggested above. I can assure you that next time you are on your way to grab a chicken dinner. Your PUBG won’t lag, nor will it stutter or crash. ESports players use these settings and really the best ones in the game. Other than that, you can expect 100% performance and likewise, also experience buttery smooth gameplay.
If you are still struggling to get chicken dinners, I highly recommend you to check our guide on “How To Become Absolute Pro At Any Competitive Game”.
Following various changes in the UI and interface of PUBG. We benchmarked the game once more and changed various tweaks to keep up with the Best PC Settings Meta.
Patch Note 22.2
- Fixed a PC issue where you are not able to use the Interact Key.
- Fixed the console issue where the cancel interaction UI is displayed whenever you change your limited interaction to different keys.
- Fix the issue where irregular clipping occurs whenever a female character switches primary weapons with other equipped outfits.
- Fix the stream issue where a file integrity check pop-up did not appear while opening the Client’s damaged files.
- Fixed the UI issue for displaying weapon category and required ammunition type.
- General performance optimizations and crash fixes
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍