The Saints and Seducers DLC updated the Skyrim Madness Ore, and you may now use that to create your own Madness Armor. You may make a new kind of Madness armor and weapons after smelting Madness Ore into Madness Ingots. If you want to play Elder Scrolls games with tank builds, these gear sets are ideal for you. For example, although significantly heavier, madness weapons in Skyrim are better than dragon bone weapons.
How To Get Madness Ore
Madness Ore is a somewhat rare resource that occasionally spawns in a dungeon’s boss chest. Ore may also be acquired through trade with the touring Khajiit merchants. Nevertheless, after finishing Saints and Seducers’ two main quests, “Balance of Power” and “Restoring Order,” you can purchase Madness Ore from Khajiit caravans.
- A courier will come to you with a note marked “Note on New Wares” once you finish the Saints and Seducers narrative.
- The letter’s sender, Ri’saad, indicates in the message that he is offering unique new things for sale.
- After reading the message, choose between Ri’saad and Akhari to purchase Madness Ore.
- The Khajiit Caravan in Skyrim travels between Whiterun and Markarth, and Ri’saad is a part of it.
- While the pathways between Dawnstar and Riften are where you may locate Akhari’s troop.
However, even if you find Madness Ore, you won’t be able to utilize it straight away since you need the required skills to turn it into Madness Armor. A letter titled “Note on Amber and Madness Ore” will be left behind when you finish Saints and Seducers’ “Restoring Order” quest and beat Thoron. This information will direct them on a side quest to Mistwatch, a bandit stronghold north of the Rift and Eastmarch borders.
You will encounter Evethra, an arcane blacksmith in Mistwatch, who has all the knowledge you will need to understand how to use Madness Ore. You can read her journal and loot it after killing her and her skeleton minions to discover the techniques for forging Amber and Madness armor. And then you can start making Madness armor and weapons after reading this journal.
Madness Ore Farming
- Madness ore may be found in the Solitude Sewers, near the small ruin north of Mistwatch and east of the Atronach Stone.
- At the end of the tube in the Sewers, on the table with the enchanted table, is where you can get Madness Ore.
- Madness ore will be on the stone slab in the middle of the small ruin.
How To Use Madness Ore
In Skyrim, you need to acquire some Leather Strips and Ebony Ingots in order to create Madness Armor and weapons. Instead, you must complete a quest chain to unlock the secrets of crafting with madness; you cannot just utilize madness ore or madness ingots.
You need a level 80 or higher smiting skill with the Ebony Smithing perk in order to farm items from Madness Ore. Use the following console command to add Madness ingots to your inventory: player.additem xx000BC8(# necessary). Chests with Madness Ore can be discovered everywhere in the world at random.
There are several places in Skyrim where you may obtain ebony ore, but the Gloombound Mine inside the orc stronghold of Narzulbur in Eastmarch is the greatest site to cultivate ebony. Animal hide, which may be found all across Skyrim, is used to make leather. These animal hides may be tanned into leather strips at any tanning station.
- To improve the quality of your Madness armor creations even more, don’t forget to utilize one of Skyrim’s Fortify Smithing potions.
- When you have mastered the art of using Madness Ore to create Madness armor in Skyrim, make certain you have Ebony and many Leather strips.
- It is solely because of the number of materials required to craft it 10 leather strips, 7 ebony ingots, and 17 madness ingots.
Compared to Daedric armor, madness armor provides greater protection but at the expense of added weight.
- Madness Armor
- Madness Boots
- Madness Gauntlets
- Madness Shield
- Madness Helmets
Melee builds should be aware that Madness Gauntlets are more powerful than standard Heavy Armor in Skyrim, but the “Fist of Steel” perk does not work with them. Forging Madness Gauntlets and wearing another type of heavy armor may be preferable overall if you want to keep the damage boost. This depends on the combination of armor you are wearing.
In Skyrim, Madness weapons are superior to Dragonbone weapons, but they are a little bit heavier.
- Madness Armors
- Madness Battleaxe
- Madness Bows
- Madness Dagger
- Madness Mace
- Madness Greatsword
- Madness Sword
- Madness Waraxe
- Madness Warhammer
That concludes the discussion of how to get and use Skyrim Madness Ore. If you like this guide, see more Skyrim guides, including Best Merchants In Skyrim, Skyrim Best Armor Sets, and BEST Race For Magic In Skyrim.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍