- Black Myth: Wukong is getting a playable demo in China on August 20, as announced by the founder of the studio Game Science. He posted artwork for the game to advertise the demo for the excited fans.
- It is unclear whether the demo will arrive in the West since the reveal mentions no other region besides China. We may hear about a Western Demo soon in the coming months.
- Black Myth: Wukong is the first AAA game for the team that is full of formidable enemies and gorgeous visuals. The Souls-like will feature epic boss battles and give players a slew of unique abilities.
- The game was initially slated for 2023 but was delayed due to technical concerns. It will release in Summer 2024 for mainstream consoles and PC alongside cloud gaming platforms that can support it.
Black Myth: Wukong has been brewing for many years at the hands of indie devs at Game Science studio. While not much has been heard about the project in the past few months, the team is allegedly bringing a playable demo in China on August 20. The Twitter user @MKH13Omasters noticed that one of the founders of the studio, Qi Yang, seemingly posted an artwork for the game to advertise the demo amidst the excited fans.
BLACK MYTH WUKONG NEWS!
One of the founders of Game Science Studio:Qi Yang posted this pic to promote a playable demo of the game on Hangzhou, China on Aug 20
The art shows Wukong's escape from Laozi's eight trigram furnace that can't k*ll him and gave him his Fiery Golden eyes pic.twitter.com/aiim3BhP9s
— The Dragoon🔴HeroKeybladeMaster🗝Wukong👑GBFR (@MKH13Omasters) July 31, 2023
The art in question shows a symbolic moment in Journey to the West novel, as the Twitter user explains. It depicts a part of the novel where Heaven supposedly tries to kill the protagonist. The tries seemingly failed and made Sun Wukong more powerful. Qi Yang is evidently using the art to announce the game demo to the Chinese audience. But a mention of a Western audience was nowhere to be seen, implying it would arrive in China only.
- PlayStation 5’s Life Is Almost 50% Over; I Still Don’t See The “Continued Commitment” To Exclusives.
- PlayStation Showcase Shines Light On PS5’s Future With A Serving Of Disappointment.
- All Games Releasing In 2023: Dates And Platforms.
The official website of the game also talks about possible DLCs and even a series down the road if the title is successful. As stated by the producer Feng Ji in an interview with IGN, Black Myth: Wukong will seemingly take over 15 hours to complete a full playthrough, and there are over a hundred different kinds of monster enemies to captivate gamers.
Black Myth: Wukong is the first AAA game for the team and is shaping up to be quite high in scope and anticipation of the fans. It has been defined as a Souls-like venture that lets players follow the chronicles of the Monkey King against imminent danger. The devs at Game Science are looking to give their best for the title, causing a delay of over one and a half years to ensure all the fans are satiated with the entry after release.
The player will be thrown into a world filled with challenging enemies and enthralling visuals. The game will feature a vast Eastern fantasy world, letting players traverse dangerous lands and indulge in epic boss battles by using a plethora of abilities. The gameplay currently shown in the official reveals gives us glimpses of well-timed dodges, parries, and combat, giving the feeling of a quality-filled AAA Souls-like experience.
The entry is meant to launch in Summer 2024 on mainstream consoles and PC, as stated by the devs. Cloud gaming platforms that are powerful enough to handle Black Myth: Wukong is also being considered, but the prospect remains unclear for now. Game Science has currently given no concrete date for the release.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍