- Payday 3 seemingly includes the contentious Denuvo anti-tampering software to secure the game from piracy attempts and in-game cheating. It was added to the Steam page without a reveal.
- The inclusion of Denuvo DRM only fuels more concerns for the fans. The community has shown a lot of criticism for the game needing a constant internet connection, as announced by the devs in the past.
- Now players are worried about the game possibly reducing the performance and causing more technical issues during gameplay because of the Denuvo anti-cheat.
- The gameplay was shown in the Xbox Games Showcase event this year. A release date trailer affirmed it comes out on Sep 21, 2023. We can play it on Linux, PS5, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, and PC.
Payday 3 is one of the significant upcoming releases this year, and even it is not safe from the shackles of the Denuvo anti-tampering tech. It will also seemingly utilize the controversial software to ward off any attempts of piracy and in-game cheating like all the recent AAA entries that came out in the last few months. The devs did not officially announce its inclusion in the game but sneakily added it to the official Steam page listing recently.
The SteamDB page listing for Payday 3 also shows us similar results, and we can see when the third-party anti-tampering tech was added to the game. It was included in the game two days ago, but the Steam page has recently been updated. The mention of the Denuvo DRM on both sites serves as concrete proof of its addition in the title and is not a blunder as much as the fans would like it to be.
Starbreeze’s recent decision to include the Denuvo DRM software only adds to the concerns around the awaited project. Previously, the devs garnered a bundle of criticisms from the fans for revealing that Payday 3 would require a constant internet connection to run. The game needs to always stay online to work, even in single-player mode. The single-player mode is included and can be played with bots.
- Payday 3 Devs Hid The Game’s “Stealth” Trailer So Well, Nobody Could Find It For 5 Days.
- Payday 3 Could Launch as an Epic Games Store Timed Exclusive.
- Every Major Announcement At The Xbox Games Showcase.
The reason behind such a decision makes sense after considering the genre of the title but, all things considered, the scenario is still a huge letdown. Payday 3 needs to always stay online for cross-save progression and cross-play since it uses Unreal Engine. Fans were quite displeased with the choice since both the previous entries had some kind of offline modes for those will a shaky internet connection.
Players mainly worry about bad internet connections, the game’s longevity, and mods. The predecessor, Payday 2, is quite alive and thriving today because of a bundle of mods. But needing to always stay online will allegedly impede the modding abilities of the entry. The community is also retorting against the decision to add the Denuvo DRM software to Payday 3.
The anti-tampering program is full of controversies for allegedly reducing the performance of games where it is applied. Payday 3 fans are concerned with Denuvo possibly decreasing the game’s performance and causing technical issues. Nevertheless, many fans are excited to get their hands on the entry. Payday 3 already had a gargantuan number of one million wishlists on Steam ahead of the summer reveal.
The first gameplay for the alluring title was revealed at this year’s Xbox Games Showcase event. It is a fierce co-op first-person shooter that seeks to follow in the footsteps of the first two games, along with a massive number of improvements along the way. A release date trailer confirmed the game launches on Sep 21, 2023. We can expect to play it on Linux, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, and PC.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍