- Candy Crush Saga devs announced that the series surpassed the $20 Billion revenue milestone since its launch. King is celebrating the 20th anniversary alongside the new achievement.
- It is the sixth-highest-grossing mobile entry and boasts over 200 million active players. Players have completed over 5 trillion levels, as the game hits 5 billion downloads.
- The All Star tournament held this year was a major success. It featured a $250,000 prize pot and limited edition rings from renowned celebrity Jeweler, Icebox.
- The devs will release Level 15,000 to celebrate the occasion and will continue to innovate and bring new content.
Candy Crush Saga has grown to gargantuan scales since its launch in the last decade. The devs announced that the series surpassed the $20 Billion revenue milestone. The massive milestone was hit only recently, adding more flavor to the celebration of the studio hitting its 20th anniversary. A new report by Activision Blizzard deeply talks about the triumph. King has also unveiled its future plans for the Candy Crush series.
Having been the top-grossing game franchise in the U.S. app stores for six years in a row, the Candy Crush franchise also has delivered more than $20 billion in revenue life to date and achieved over five billion downloads life to date. Continued investments in major brand partnerships have enabled King and Candy Crush to stay at the heart of pop culture,” reads the report.
The title boasts over 200 million active players, skyrocketing through King’s initial expectations over the years. As confirmed, Candy Crush Saga has also hit five billion downloads. That is not all; players have completed over 5 trillion levels. The report mentions that you could travel around the world seven times if all the distances of the swipes were to be compiled together.
Other Interesting Reads:
- The Complete Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Trophy List Has Leaked Online.
- Jim Ryan To Retire From Sony Next Spring; Hiroki Totoki To Assume The Role Of Interim CEO.
- Handsome Squidward Mod In Baldur’s Gate 3 Is The Stuff Of Nightmares.
It is not like Candy Crush Saga has only been successful in solo play despite its genre. The All Star tournament held this year for the entry saw tremendous success, “revealing a $250,000 prize pot and limited edition rings from iconic celebrity Jeweler, Icebox.” Over 300 Billion candies were accumulated across the tournament.
King has also confirmed its plans for the next decade. It wants to push all the boundaries and continue bringing more levels and events for the players. It will develop “exciting new adventures and experiences for its dedicated community of gamers.” To commemorate the massive milestone and the anniversary, the devs will soon be releasing the Level 15,000, defining it as a “landmark moment.”
Candy Crush Saga is among the most influential games of the last decade, looming over giant releases on all platforms despite having such a simple premise. Its success is projected to rise for years to come as King continues to innovate and bring new content.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍