- An updated Cyberpunk 2077 mod, Stealth Finishers, allows players to perform stealth kills with melee weapons. This mod is an updated version and does not work on the older version of the game.
- The sci-fi game contains some stealth options, but they appear to be very limited and get boring early on. Stealth Finishers aims to solve that problem.
- Although not perfect, the mod makes the game’s sneaky aspect much more enjoyable, and it will likely improve with future updates.
- Cyberpunk 2077 was released on PlayStation 4, Stadia, PC, and Xbox One on December 10, 2020, followed by PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S on February 15, 2022.
Stealth Finishers, an updated Cyberpunk 2077 mod by Kvalyr, allows players to stab enemies with melee weapons in complete silence. Several players complained that the stealth in the game is limited and can get boring pretty fast. This mod solves that problem and offers more options. It is made specifically for the 2.0 version, but an older version of this mod is available for the pre-2.0 Cyberpunk 2077.
As you may notice in the video, the mod often uses a frontal finisher animation for stealth kills, even when the players perform it from behind. This happens because the game doesn’t have any scripted animations for finishers from behind with every weapon, and it uses the melee weapon finisher as the stealth takedown. Unfortunately, Kvalyr has stated that this will likely remain even in future mod versions.
It should also be noted that when performing stealth attacks, enemies usually go into their combat state for the remainder of the attack. Although it doesn’t trigger or alert other enemies unless they are looking at you, it will still show the combat state on the minimap for a brief moment. This has scared some of the users of this mod, and Kvalyr says that they will fix it in a future version by killing enemies instantly rather than keeping them alive.
Moreover, non-lethal and blunt weapons have not been tested extensively yet, but the creator says that non-lethal finishers have worked in a few tests. Besides, people can simply use the default choke if they want to go the non-lethal route. The mod requires no configurations, but you will need to have the Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 version installed, along with the latest versions of Cyber Engine Tweaks, redscript, and RED4ext.
Further instructions on how to download this mod are provided on NexusMods. And if, for some reason, players want to enjoy this mod on the older version of Cyberpunk 2077, they can download the previous version of this mod.
- Switching To UE5 Won’t Mean Starting Development From Scratch, Says Cyberpunk 2077 Director
- CDPR Devs Never Considered Abandoning Cyberpunk 2077; 2.0 Update Was Always “Loosely Mapped Out”
- Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 2.01 Will Improve Performance And Fix Corrupted PlayStation Saves
Cyberpunk 2077 is a first-person action role-playing game developed by CD Projekt Red and published by CD Projekt. It was released on PlayStation 4, the now-defunct Google Stadia, PC, and Xbox One on December 10, 2020, followed by PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S on February 15, 2022.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍