- EA seems to have delisted FIFA titles from 14 to 23 from its digital storefronts right before the global release of EA Sports FC 2024.
- It seems only natural as EA’s annual football game is now called EA Sports FC, discarding the previous FIFA name from its title.
- Although all these titles have been removed from the stores, FIFA 22 & 23 can still be played via EA Play.
- Upon a closer inspection of SteamDB, it seems like this occurred right before the latest entry was released in early access.
EA has delisted many of its annual football games under the FIFA banner from major digital storefronts, like Steam, Microsoft Store, Nintendo eShop, Epic Games, and PlayStation Store. This occurred around the same time EA Sports FC 24 was released in early access. Despite all games being unavailable to purchase, players can still enjoy FIFA 22 & 23 on EA Play.
EA's annual football game, now called EA FC, no longer sports the FIFA name in its title. All prior entries in the series have been delisted from all major storefronts.
Every FIFA title from 14 up to 23 can't be purchased anymore. FIFA 22 & 23 can still be played via EA Play. pic.twitter.com/VupU3Off44
— MauroNL (@MauroNL3) September 26, 2023
Fans must already be aware that EA no longer has the right to use the name “FIFA” for its future titles. FIFA 23 was the last game under that banner, and now, with the release of its continuation under EA Sports FC, EA seems to have removed all prior entries from major digital storefronts. A quick search across various stores will reveal that FIFA 14 & 23 have been removed from these stores.
Fans are still awaiting a formal announcement regarding this recent change from EA. The only official word we have on this comes from a Steam page, which reads, “At the request of the publisher, EA SPORTS™ FIFA 23 is unlisted on the Steam store and will not appear in search.” Moreover, SteamDB reveals that this happened on September 21, 2023, around the time EA Sports FC 24 was released in early access.
- EA Adds First-Ever Hijabi Player To FIFA 23 In New Update
- EA Sports FC 24’s Switch Version Will Use Frostbite Engine For The First Time
- EA’s FC 24 Specialized PS5 Bundles Reportedly Incoming
FIFA—a now discontinued football game franchise—ended with FIFA 23 released on September 27, 2022. The games were developed by EA Vancouver and EA Romania and published by EA Sports. EA Sports FC 24 is the 31st iteration in the series and the first title following the end of EA’s partnership with FIFA, set to launch globally on September 29, 2023, on PlayStation 4 & 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍