- Saw is a well-renowned horror movie franchise that comprises about 10 films over two decades. The movies are recognized for their intense gore and extreme violence and are centered around a single serial killer called Jigsaw.
- As per a new rumor by a known industry insider, a AAA video game based on the Saw series is in development. The game has been codenamed “Project Gideon” and focuses on single-player survival horror, kind of like the Resident Evil games or Until Dawn.
- No more information is available regarding the Saw game in question, so do proceed with a grain of salt going forward.
It’s the spooky season time of the year, and rumors coming in left and right are certainly living up to the festive spirit at present. The latest word circulating on Twitter says that there’s a AAA-grade game based on the Saw horror movie series in the works right now, and the internal codename slapped onto it is “Project Gideon.” In addition, it’s been said that the game will focus on “single player survival horror.”
the choice is yours
a multiplat AAA saw game is currently in development under the internal code name "project_gideon" the game has a focus on single player survival horror and will follow an original story.
announcement is expected sometime 2024 with a Q1/Q2 2025 release date pic.twitter.com/xzl55FBFFv
— The Tipster (@thetipsterVG) September 26, 2023
Over on IconEra, a forum user has shared a Discord message as well from the leaker in question, who seems to claim that two Saw games were proposed to the higher-ups. One of them is supposed to be an asymmetrical multiplayer title, and The Tipster is not sure whether this one is in active production or not. The other one, whose focus is on single-player, did get green-lit and the insider claims that they’ve seen concept art for it as well.
As for the final bit of detail on this Saw-based video game, it’s been said that an official announcement for the rumored title will come either in the first or second half of 2024. Subsequently, the developers are planning a 2025 release for the survival horror. It bears reiterating that none of the information at hand has been confirmed, so do proceed with a pinch of salt, as always with these matters.
For those not in the know, the Saw franchise isn’t entirely a stranger to video game adaptations. In fact, there have been two Saw games developed and published by Zombie Studio and Konami respectively in the past. The first of the bunch titled simply Saw was released in 2009 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC, and the sequel — Saw 2: Flesh and Blood — arrived a year later for the same platforms, minus PC.
As we approach October, the official Halloween season, more and more pertinent news seems to be popping up. Another popular horror movie franchise—one of a considerably more substantial stature—is getting a full-scale video game adaptation. The same leaker that we’ve talked about in the article hints at a Scream title in development, and that the developer behind the project could be Supermassive Games.
Other Recent News Pieces to Check Out:
- Handsome Squidward Mod In Baldur’s Gate 3 Is The Stuff Of Nightmares
- EA Delists Latest FIFA Games From Prominent Digital Stores
- Alan Wake 2 All Set To Receive 60 FPS Performance Mode For Consoles
The British developer studio is responsible for its admirable work on The Quarry, Until Dawn, and other projects that belong to the survival horror genre. Both Scream and Saw getting treated to a video game rendition would certainly be something to watch out for in the horror space. Best not hold your breath for either of them though.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍