- A leaker claims to have heard of an alleged game based on the Scream franchise being in development, and although they never heard of the developer, they predict it to be Supermassive Games.
- Considering the work of Supermassive Games in the horror genre, it would undoubtedly be an ideal choice if the project does exist.
- Combined with the recent datamined leaks of Ghostface potentially coming to Mortal Kombat 1, Scream fans could be in for a treat.
- Nevertheless, the claim has little to no evidence, so we highly suggest that readers take it with heaps of salt.
A renowned leaker, The Tipster, claims to have heard of an alleged game adaptation of the Scream franchise being in development. While they had never heard of the developer handling this project at the time, they now believe it could be Supermassive Games. Regardless of the leaker’s past credibility, the claim comes with no evidence, so we suggest you take it with a grain of salt.
since it's being discussed online…
based on what i heard back in May there is indeed a game based on the Scream franchise in development. I never heard of a developer at the time but in all honesty Supermassive Games lines up pretty well. pic.twitter.com/5xycWfNhZH
— The Tipster (@thetipsterVG) September 25, 2023
The Scream franchise seems to be dipping slowly into the video game industry. Nearly a week ago, some datamined dialogues revealed that Ghostface could potentially be coming to Mortal Kombat 1. Now, with the rumors of a dedicated video game adaptation of the Scream franchise, it seems like horror enthusiasts could be in for a treat.
We don’t have any information besides what the leaker already mentioned in the tweet. Even the developing studio of this project seems to be a mystery, with The Tipster considering Supermassive Games as the most likely option. Supermassive stands out among other studios due to its long portfolio of horror games like The Quarry and The Dark Pictures.
While the studio could be a good choice, it would be best if we don’t jump to conclusions. The rumors that the leaker heard are from May, and a lot could have changed since then. Not to mention, we don’t have much to go on regarding the alleged video game adaptation, so this could even turn out to be entirely fake despite the leaker’s credible past.
- Dead By Daylight Patch 6.6.2 Updates “Screams” And Optimizes The Skull Merchant
- Amidst The Survival Horror Revival, Parasite Eve Deserves Its Turn
- A Quake Reboot Can Be An Excellent Throwback To Lovecraftian Horror
Scream is a top-rated horror franchise—and the epitome of the slasher genre—with six films, a television series, and appearances in notable games like Dead by Daylight. Despite being so recognizable, the game has yet to set its footing in the video game industry that can match the films’ popularity.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍