Sea of Thieves Has Over 1 Billion Hours Of Playtime; Xbox Version Has More Players Than PC

The statistics were revealed in the celebration of fifth-year anniversary.

Story Highlights

  • Sea of Thieves has reportedly hit over one billion hours of players spending time voyaging through the monster-filled ocean, as revealed in newly revealed stats.
  • The Xbox players have also surpassed the pirates on the PC versions, with the former reaching 54% over the 46% milestone.
  • The Xbox community has increased by 4% in the last two years. Featuring over twenty-four thousand more players on the console versions.
  • A list of the rarest achievements was also revealed in the new stats to celebrate the fifth anniversary yesterday.

Sea of Thieves has seemingly seen an increase of players in the Xbox version in the last two years, rising by 4% in contrast to the PC version. As announced by the official Twitter handle, the community has poured over one billion hours exploring the sea and seeking treasures in the game. It is among the few games ever made that have achieved such a feat. The stats were revealed in celebration of the fifth anniversary yesterday.

Moreover, the Xbox has over 54 percent of users in the entire community, while the other 46% of pirates linger on the various available PC versions.

During the Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase, Sea of Thieves boasted a staggering 30 million total players. Considering that amount, the pirates voyaging the seas for bounty across Xbox platforms consist of over 16,200,000 players; the rest of the community resides on the PC version. Xbox Game Pass has also played a major role in boosting the numbers of PC players, but it has certainly not been enough to surpass the Xbox versions.

As reported by PCGamesN two years ago, the player base was equally split between both communities. The Xbox and the PC players were standing on a 50/50 scale. However, most of the pirates seem to have shifted toward the Xbox versions in the last two years. While a 4% difference between the Xbox and the PC version does not seem that massive, it makes up for a difference of over twenty-four thousand players at the very least.

The statistics also unveiled the top five rarest achievements in Sea of Thieves. The given list is quite surprising as many unique achievements made their way on the list. Voyager of Lost Souls appears to be the rarest achievement in the whole title, which can be earned by completing 250 orders of Souls Voyages. The Merchant Forager is the second rarest achievement, and it can be gained by completing 250 Merchant Alliance Voyages.

Sea of Thieves is still going strong despite hitting half a decade of its lifetime. The daily events and fun activities available in the entry keep it fresh, and the multiplayer experience is among the most excellent out there in the gaming market. 

Similar Reads: Bayonetta Developers Discuss The Possibility Of A Sequel.

Did you find this helpful? Leave feedback below.

Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡

How can we make this post better? Your help would be appreciated. ✍

Subscribe to our newsletter and get up-to-speed gaming updates delivered to your inbox.

We don’t spam! Read more in our privacy policy.


Shameer Sarfaraz is a Senior News Writer on eXputer who loves to keep up with the gaming and entertainment industries devoutly. He has a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and several years of experience reporting on games. Besides his passion for breaking news stories, Shahmeer loves spending his leisure time farming away in Stardew Valley. VGC, IGN, GameSpot, Game Rant, TheGamer, GamingBolt, The Verge, NME, Metro, Dot Esports, GameByte, Kotaku Australia, PC Gamer, and more have cited his articles.

Experience: 4+ Years || Education: Bachelor in Computer Science.

Related Articles

Join Our Community

Enjoyed this article? Discuss the latest gaming news, get expert help with guides and errors, and chat about all things gaming on eXputer Forums and Discord Server. Connect with fellow gamers who share your passion by becoming a part of eXputer's community.