- According to the information on the Amazon listing for Xbox Series S 1TB SSD, Starfield’s preload will be live from 9 August supposedly allowing players to download the game almost a month ahead of release.
- Bethesda’s action-packed sci-fi title has been dubbed as the biggest Xbox exclusive to be ever made.
- The awaiting fans welcomed the possibility of downloading the full game, as the game may take a lot of time to download because of its size and magnitude.
- This will allow Bethesda fans to dive right into action upon the game’s release.
Bethesda’s most awaited AAA action role-playing game Starfield is apparently scheduled to be up for preload starting from 9th August, a little less than a month before its release. This was seen on the Amazon purchase page for Xbox Series S 1TB SSD + Starfield Standard Edition. The players who have purchased the game ahead of release will supposedly be able to pre-download the full game on the aforementioned date (thanks @supstarf.)
The full game preload download size is expected to be 125 GB as this is the free disk space required to install the game. As confirmed by Bethesda, only Starfield’s standard edition on Xbox will ship with a physical game disc inside. Those who own the Constellation edition and PC version of the game will be provided with digital codes.
This caused some confusion among the users as Starfield had already been up for preload for almost a month. But the download size of that preload was between 10-300 MBs, which is no way near the actual size of the game. So, as some explained, the preload that’s going live from August 9 will allow gamers to download the full game.
Moreover, many fans rejoiced at the news of Starfield’s preload being available about a month before its release, as the action-RPG game is around a whooping 125 GB in size. The early availability of the preload will give them some time to download the title and get right into action on its release.
- Starfield Features Cross-Save Support; “Xbox Play Anywhere” Tag Spotted On The Store Page
- Starfield Could Let You Decorate Your Ship With Pictures Taken From The Photo Mode
- Only 10% Of Starfield’s Planets Will Have Life, According to Todd Howard
Even though the information is on Amazon, the date is not yet official as Bethesda is yet to confirm the dates. So, despite all the positivity and enthusiasm, we urge the readers to take the info with caution until Bethesda issues an official announcement.
Starfield is an action RPG based in space. It has been dubbed as Xbox’s most expensive and future deciding exclusive. The title has been in development for at least 7 years and has faced multiple delays in the past. But now, despite some rumors last year alleging the release date is in December, the release is all but confirmed as Bethesda has already started the promotion for the game’s release.
Marketing for Starfield is seemingly beginning to ramp up.
Bethesda is running Starfield ads on Facebook, promoting pre-orders and early access.
Over the coming weeks, expect to see more billboards, bus wraps, trailers, etc. pic.twitter.com/ZjeZ20Aq5N
— LoneVaultWanderer (@LoneVaultWander) August 5, 2023
Starfield will be released a month from now on 6 September for Xbox Series X|S and PC.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍