- Stellar Blade is an upcoming action-adventure exclusive for the PlayStation 5, created by Shift Up.
- Game Director Hyung-Tae Kim has spoken up about the importance of single-player games as of late.
- In the interview, Kim iterates that single-player titles with a good ending are still “valid” and “important.”
The gaming world’s got its eyes on Stellar Blade right now, and for good reason. The upcoming action-adventure RPG is an exclusive for the PlayStation 5 and is looking absolutely breathtaking from all the trailers and gameplay footage seen so far. In a recent interview, the title’s director Hyung-Tae Kim expressed his opinion on the importance of single-player games with definitive endings, saying,
The Korean gaming market is very mobile-centric, so everyone is developing for smartphones. We felt a single player console game with a definitive ending is still valid and still very important, so we’re hoping Stellar Blade will be a significant title that will encourage other Korean developers to see this as a starting point and be inspired for future projects. It’s not an easy path we took, but we decided to take on the challenge and we hope the users enjoy it.”
And as such, Stellar Blade is a single-player game that will feature a solid ending. Hyung-Tae Kim has further expressed in the interview how he wants Shift Up’s latest venture to inspire other Korean developers to tread along this route, and make narrative-driven adventures that possess similar quality. Of course, we’ve yet to see how Stellar Blade truly turns out when it finally releases later in April.
Despite a major industry proponent previously claiming that single-player games are “finished,” such games have continued to do extremely well across the board, with some notable examples being the God of War reboot, The Last of Us franchise, the recent Resident Evil 4 remake—I could go on and on, there are numerous examples on display.
Related Content to Check Out:
- Stellar Blade Director Explains Why He Made Stellar Blade A PS5 Exclusive
- Stellar Blade’s PlayStation Store Page Confirms Physical Release
- Promising PlayStation 5 Exclusive Stellar Blade Delayed
Stellar Blade has a set release date of April 26, 2024, for the PlayStation 5 as an exclusive title. The mainline story of the game has a runtime of around 25 hours, which is about the same as NieR: Automata, Square Enix’s premiere action-adventure IP.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍