- The Invincible is a 2023 adventure-oriented thriller by Starward Industries and 11 Bit Studios.
- The game’s patch 1 was released for PC a while ago, bringing a multitude of new features.
- The same update is now out for consoles as well, boasting the same new additions.
The Invincible is one magisterial thriller of a sci-fi game that draws its inspiration from the titular novel by Polish author Stanisław Lem. Now that Starward Industries has finally pushed out the game, the post-launch support is coming in hard and fast, with the title’s “Patch 1” dropping for consoles as well in recent times. The same patch was originally launched for PC on December 20, 2023.
Those on the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S, therefore, can quickly get to updating their copies of the game, and benefit from a swath of added features, including enhanced Photo Mode functionality, the highly sought-after chapter load feature that will let you load previous saves and “continue the game from a selected point.” The latest accessibility options include: Hiding Helmet, Hiding Helmet Glass, and Hiding Microphone.
And that isn’t quite it; these were only the bigger changes of The Invincible’s patch 1. Starward Industries made sure to include its routine share of bug fixes and other optimizations as well in an attempt to smoothen the player experience even more. Here’s a rundown of what I think are the most valuable new adjustments to the sci-fi explorer:
- Optimization for Textures and Render Targets and Faster Loading Times
- Ultrawide Screen Fixes (Teleprobe)
- Fixed Player Camera Position Before Loading
- Fixed Various Hardlocks and Softlocks Reported by Players
- Rover Driving Model Improvements
- Several Localization Fixes
It bears mentioning though that last time, a hotfix for The Invincible brought ultrawide monitor support, a swath of additional bug fixes, and the removal of progress blockers. Similarly, Starward Industries rolled out the title’s first patch not long after its release following player reception and subsequent user reports. This goes onto show that the devs are actively listening to the community at hand and trying to polish their product whatever chance they get.
Other Content to Check Out:
- The Invincible Is Now Playable On Nvidia GeForce Now
- The Invincible Launched To Rave Reviews Globally; Ultrawide Support Planned
- The Invincible’s New Hotfix 1.0.2 Improves The Save System
The Invincible came out on November 6, 2023, for the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. eXputer reviewed the game and rated it 3.5/5, with reviewer Muhammad Haris Umer remarking, “While it may not be for everyone, The Invincible is nonetheless a brilliant sci-fi journey that will keep you on the edge of your seat.” Despite its above-average reception, the title’s initial sales failed to meet expectations.
On a side note, don’t forget to check out our exclusive interview with Starward Industries CEO to acquire a deeper insight into the game’s development, along with other interesting information if you’re playing The Invincible right now.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍